HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Do you think we need game servers deployed in South America at this point_

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think we need game servers deployed in South America_ (103 member(s) have cast votes)

¿Queréis servidores del juego desplegados en SudAmerica para mejorar la experiencia en Hawken de los jugadores latinos_.

1. Sí (Yes). (90 votes [87.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.38%

2. No ( Please, elaborate - Por favor, explícate ). (13 votes [12.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted August 14 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostiTzWolfito, on August 14 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

¿Porque nos esforzamos nosotros en que ellos nos entiendan_ Somos usuarios tambien y deberia haber gente en el staff capacitda par esto...y un foto explusivo...

De acuerdo, pero al parecer, por el momento no lo hay... así que solo nos queda decir. YES! SET A LOCAL SERVER

#42 Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationIndpls, IN USA

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yes. Curious why do so many from Northern/southern Asia come to the US servers_ I can tell they are lagging when I play with them very late at night. I dump all my missiles and guns into one who has ONE bar of health and he doesn't die. That's lag. I think there appears to be enough players from SA that it would justify at least one server there. A I see a lot of German players here as well, not sure why. I thought there was a EU server already.  ____ Oh thats my 2 cents worth, your mileage may vary. ;)

Curious do they not limit players to their own region so it doesn't cause lag on non region servers_ A growning number of games do that now to help alleviate that problem. I'm not trying to tell people what to do or where do play, but it does make sense. Question. why would they want to come to US servers and play_ They get lagged and most here don't speak their native language. Some might but not most. I honestly don't understand.

Edited by Nov8tr, August 14 2013 - 08:30 PM.

YEAH I'M REALLY A 60 YR OLD GAMER. MY CALLSIGN IS PRONOUNCED INNOVATOR!!
Posted Image

#43 Satanasitox

Satanasitox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 09:28 AM

YES! Beacause...     1.- Is a SERVERSIDE FPS GAME!!... its unplayable with a ping higher than 60ms. Here from Chile i play with ping higher than 180 in any of the USA servers. My brother from Argentina, Brazil, etc also gets high pings      2.- No many south american pilots__ Of course!!!! OMG! who will play a game with those pings, when its impossible to win cause its just unfair. So.. new servers WILL INCREASE the number of pilots.      3.- the existin south american pilots will QUIT playing the game just because its too boring to never have a real chance to win. I startet playing this game as soon as the open beta startet but quit playing because it was ridiculous fighting against usa-urop-asia players.   So.. yes... YES!!!

#44 zakiel29

zakiel29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 19 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostSatanasitox, on August 19 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

YES! Beacause... 1.- Is a SERVERSIDE FPS GAME!!... its unplayable with a ping higher than 60ms. Here from Chile i play with ping higher than 180 in any of the USA servers. My brother from Argentina, Brazil, etc also gets high pings 2.- No many south american pilots__ Of course!!!! OMG! who will play a game with those pings, when its impossible to win cause its just unfair. So.. new servers WILL INCREASE the number of pilots. 3.- the existin south american pilots will QUIT playing the game just because its too boring to never have a real chance to win. I startet playing this game as soon as the open beta startet but quit playing because it was ridiculous fighting against usa-urop-asia players.   So.. yes... YES!!!

Hmm, as I said, I would love to have a SouthAmerica server but I don't think that the ping could affect that much your performance.
At least, in my case, I got used to the bad ping and I saw guys with a 250 ping doing great (I mean, great).
Playing for 4 months now, and never quit because of the lag. But yes, as I said, I wonder how would be my performance with a better ping.
Maybe that is the reason I can't hit or pass 2000 MMR.
But maybe yes, a bad ping could be something that lot of player cannot accept.
(I see lot of players with 120 ms saying that that latency is unplayable...My god... Its a different reality then)

View PostNov8tr, on August 14 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Yes. Curious why do so many from Northern/southern Asia come to the US servers_ I can tell they are lagging when I play with them very late at night. I dump all my missiles and guns into one who has ONE bar of health and he doesn't die. That's lag. I think there appears to be enough players from SA that it would justify at least one server there. A I see a lot of German players here as well, not sure why. I thought there was a EU server already.  ____ Oh thats my 2 cents worth, your mileage may vary. ;)

Curious do they not limit players to their own region so it doesn't cause lag on non region servers_ A growning number of games do that now to help alleviate that problem. I'm not trying to tell people what to do or where do play, but it does make sense. Question. why would they want to come to US servers and play_ They get lagged and most here don't speak their native language. Some might but not most. I honestly don't understand.
If we get a server in SouthAmerica I will still play in US east, because of the players that I can face there (at least, in the beginning). I think lot of players come to US servers because:
1) Not enough players in their region at certain time frame.
2) Want to see/fight the US pros.

Edited by zakiel29, August 19 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Please, forgive my awful English. Is not my 1st language

Posted Image

#45 Satanasitox

Satanasitox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 12:34 PM

ok, I can do very great with a 200ms ping but only because i use hitscan weapons. So.. i wont be able to use any kind of projectile weapons... and so most of the game... As a consecuence of that, the pilots wont enjoy the game as its meant, and they will never play it seriusly or spend much money on it. And.. of course u will find some pilots that use any weapons and do great with a 300ms, the world is very big.. BUT those are exceptions. The most of the players dont have the skills or the patience and persistance the overcome the lagg and get good at this (any) game.

#46 zakiel29

zakiel29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostSatanasitox, on August 20 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

ok, I can do very great with a 200ms ping but only because i use hitscan weapons. So.. i wont be able to use any kind of projectile weapons... and so most of the game... As a consecuence of that, the pilots wont enjoy the game as its meant, and they will never play it seriusly or spend much money on it. And.. of course u will find some pilots that use any weapons and do great with a 300ms, the world is very big.. BUT those are exceptions. The most of the players dont have the skills or the patience and persistance the overcome the lagg and get good at this (any) game.

You are right and I agree with your points Satanasitox.
But, for example, I use projectile weapons: EOC, TOW, HEAT Cannon, Flak, etc; and most of the time I manage to, at least, defend myself and keep a K/D ratio positive.
And I tell you this by experience: 2 months ago I thought it was my ping the cause of my bad performance. Tried to improve it by many ways but nothing. So I forgot about it and started to play focused in what I got and I could really improve: My own skills. 2 months ago, my MMR was 1650/1700; today my rank is 1997. And I know that im far of being a top player (over 2200); but I improved a lot in these 2 months, changes reflected in the numbers, my movements, my tactics, everything.
But I agree with you: Lag affects gameplay and yes, affects performance too.
What I feel is: If Im 1997 with this ping; how would be my performance with a better connection: Will I improve_ Will I be more competitive and harder to kill_ Dunno...
Peace!

PS: By the way, hitscan weapons with low latency are a beast. I knew 2 guys running reapers with 50 ms max and were impossible to kill.

Spanish version:
Satanasitox, tenes razón y estoy de acuerdo con vos, de verdad.
Pero, por ejemplo, yo uso armas de proyectil: EOC, TOW, HEAT, Flak, etc; y la mayor parte del tiempo me las arreglo para, al menos, defenderme y mantener mi K/D ratio en positivo (más Kills que deaths).
Y esto (lo del lag y el ping que no afecta tanto) te lo digo por experiencia:
2 meses atrás pensaba que mi ping era la causa de mi mal desepeño; entonces traté de mejorar mi conexión/ping, pero nada. Entonces, decidi ignorarlo y me concentré en lo que tenía y si podia mejorar o cambiar: Mis propias habilidades. Y 2 meses atras mi MMR era 1650/1700 y hoy my rango, por suerte, ha subido a 1997. Y se que estoy lejos de ser uno de esos jugadores top (con ranking 2200+); pero yo mejore mucho en esos 2 meses y se refleja en los números, en mis movimientos, mis tacticas, todo...
Pero si, estoy de acuerdo con vos: Lag afecta la jugabilidad y tambien la performance (más bieno lo veo como un límite al lag).
Lo que siento o siempre me pregunto es: Si ahora tengo un rango de 1997 con este ping, entonces; como sería mi performance con una conexión mejor_ Mejorarían mis habilidades_ Lograría ser más competitivo y dificil de matar_ La verdad no se...

PD: Por cierto, las armas hitscan con poca latencia son una bestia. Conoci a 2 jugadores que usaban Reapers, con una latencia de 50 ms y eran imposibles de matar.

Please, forgive my awful English. Is not my 1st language

Posted Image

#47 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted August 20 2013 - 02:28 PM

Just imagine playing hawken with ping under 200...
Oh boy I would be so happy.

#48 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted August 20 2013 - 03:27 PM

meteor just laid off a bunch of people so it looks as if they may be having money troubles and servers cost money. expanding the player base is necessary to keep those servers running. currently there are not enough people playing in that region to justify the expense.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#49 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted August 20 2013 - 05:55 PM

Obvio que el desempeño de un jugador aumentaría si la conexión es mejor, el lag objetivamente enlentece tus reacciones. y en juegos como estos, donde hay que ser muy precisos, los efectos son notorios..

ya son 41 votos a favor y es evidente que son muchos mas los jugadores latinos activos en hawken..

SET A LOCAL SERVER PLS

#50 THEXDS

THEXDS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted August 28 2013 - 01:07 PM

Big YES!!!
Here in Honduras I "enjoy" a US-Like ping, around 150 most of the time. But unber certain circunstances it raises up to 240-300 and the games behaves unplayable (walls treaspassing, eternal boost, aiming fails, and heavy shocking. Also the infamous Cockpit bug) so it may be great to have a server near to us. Well, Honduras still "near" the US (we have direct connection to Florida through submarine fiber), but having LA servers will enhance the general experience of the LA players.
Posted Image

#51 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 28 2013 - 04:43 PM

I am not of Latin org nor live in LATIN AMERICA. But i say yes because we need more pilots and more community in this beauty of a world we call HAWKEN. My Latino friends yes you should get it. Plus it makes for good Business. I have my rocketeer (ZUES) ready for those servers. Latin Server(YES!)
   To answer the question on why people around the world want to come to the servers in the USA . Is because they want to see my rocketeer shake a leg.....lol   Who doesnt want to play the US its all in good fun with great people from around the world.

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, August 28 2013 - 04:53 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#52 Satanasitox

Satanasitox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 12:47 PM

Whats THIS!!! Hitscan with no lagg compensation!! OMG!!! whats the point then to have hitscan weapons on the servertside_________... playing this game is just unbearable with a ping not above 200.. but 50ms! I really wanted to play this game, but its just pointless if i can never win with so much HANDICAP vs players with 40ms. And so... u ask ME if I want a LA server___ geeezzzz!!

#53 lionhearth4

lionhearth4

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted September 02 2013 - 06:58 PM

What I can say, my work area I give very good news, these are an improvement of the internet connection, it had just the two meg, you are optimizing cable (hairs) to all companies fiber optic service providers must change their technologies, there is also a project to help our neighbors to have better coverage in the internet network sharing links since Argentina is too large to cover only the area, this great project is in process, this means that Chile will have the higher for telecommunications technology that means a greater amount of good players better online data processing and lower latencies in services Chile is the largest country in having online players not counting Argentina or Brazil, sorry to hear comments on the possibility of having a server for Latin America not you know that we are a large majority not only hawken but for other games, I recently had an event gamer (Festi game) attended by more than 20,000 thousand people or daily visits during a week which is also promoted hawken, then why can not we have a server in Latin America, I think it's a project that give fruits especially for these games so appealing.
is my opinion

Greetings my friends game.

The Clone Wars everywhere

Ciego sordo y mudo no me busquen yo los buscó

#54 Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationIndpls, IN USA

Posted September 02 2013 - 09:26 PM

OK some of the foreign players have told me they come to US servers either because no one is playing on their servers. Why not_ And because they want to play the US PROS. OK that makes sense but I have a far better idea to do that. Make a INTERNATIONAL server in the US so our PROS can play their PROS. Then region lock the servers. That way each country would use their servers that HWK has went to the expense and trouble to setup for them and it would relieve the latency and language barrier problems on US servers. WIN - WIN for everyone IMO. So I'd say lets setup a server for SA because they need one and they appear to have a number of players and setup a international server to take care of a number of problems AND we could have international matches, etc on them. Well__

YEAH I'M REALLY A 60 YR OLD GAMER. MY CALLSIGN IS PRONOUNCED INNOVATOR!!
Posted Image

#55 Satanasitox

Satanasitox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well.. The question is "at this point"... I really do prefer to have a good netcode than a low ping Server.. So, if u guys form meteor cand do what SOE did with planetside 2 (no noticeable lagg with pings over 200ms) well... Use the resourses u have to code that miracle! That way u dont need to get up many servers.. But if ur not going to fix the lagg isues.. Well.. Ur loosing players here in LA.. And money! If its a this point or not depens on 1. Publicity in the region, and 2. the amount of money u can get with a new Server.

#56 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted September 12 2013 - 03:17 PM

good patch, but still missing the latin server!

#57 lautiloco

lautiloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 12 2013 - 06:40 PM

yes, we need latin america servers.
i played in eralier beta, i don´t remember at what ping, but it wasn´t bad at all, but that´s mostly because of my internet and rig. im donwloading it again now, so tomorrow i guess i´ll tell you my average ping.

#58 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted September 15 2013 - 02:29 PM

60 yes, is enough for a complete server everyday and every time

#59 OneMoar

OneMoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBatavia Ny

Posted September 15 2013 - 03:07 PM

no because the south Americans won't play on there own region's servers would be a waste of time Iv seen it in countless other games they refuse to play on there own servers and insist on connecting to the NA servers so they can spam in Spanish or Portuguese and act like general asshats

Edited by OneMoar, September 15 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#60 Satanasitox

Satanasitox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostOneMoar, on September 15 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

no because the south Americans won't play on there own region's servers would be a waste of time Iv seen it in countless other games they refuse to play on there own servers and insist on connecting to the NA servers so they can spam in Spanish or Portuguese and act like general asshats

If theres a reason for the LA players to go to the USA servers, thats the same for the rest for the non USA players to play in USA. If thats a good reason why to bother getting ANY server outside USA_ Or do u think that the LA players r sooo diferent from the rest of the world_ The only reazon for a big number of players from a region to go play in USA or other region with ridiculous pings abobe 200ms, is the lack of players in that region.

SO... If theres a good player base from LA (easy to know for meteor by just looking the players ip), just like in other regions.. There should be a LA server. Even more, the price of servers in LA is lower than in USA or Europe so not a so big player base is nedeed and just a few servers would do the thing. And theres no need to implement the same number of servers or the same capacity from the beginning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users