HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Account Migration FAQ

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#181 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 29 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostPseudophile, on August 27 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

If I buy a product in dollars and get a refund, I'd expect the refund to be in dollars, not pesos.  This is the exact situation I'm being presented with now, and I do not find it acceptable. Considering the amount of money I've used to buy MC and support this game along with it's developers, I would be extremely unhappy with getting HC back instead.
You are not getting a refund. You get a migration of your account, like all of us. Part of this migration is the conversion of no longer supported elements into an in game currency. The converted credits will allow you to rebuy the components replacements and as a bonus also allow you to buy other ones. If you think you have any right on a refund in a specific currency, while you don't even have any right on a refund at all, please explain.

Edited by f_error, August 29 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#182 andythebomb

andythebomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Location24

Posted August 29 2013 - 04:15 PM

Are we entitled to a refund_ no.
Would it be nice to get one_ yes.
If you don't like what they are doing just give the game a bad review when it comes out of beta next patch.
Meteor could always just ban you from the forum and delete your hawken account. So I suppose it's nice they haven't done that.
Next time you spend mony on a game read the EULA
http://www.playhawken.com/legal/eula
   5. ACCOUNT(S) AND PAYMENTS TO METEOR ENTERTAINMENT

SECTION G
You further acknowledge that Meteor Entertainment has no obligation to refund any payment, in whole or in part, related to an Account, whether or not such payments were made or authorized by you, for any reason, including interruption or unavailability of Service. Meteor Entertainment may, in its absolute and sole discretion, terminate under the provisions of Section 4 any Account related to any attempt to obtain a refund of any payments, whether such attempts are made by contacting an issuer of credit cards or otherwise, and that Meteor Entertainment may take any other action it deems appropriate under the circumstances, including recourse by way of any collection agency or credit reporting agency when a refund has been obtained without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of Meteor Entertainment. If Meteor Entertainment terminates this EULA or suspends your Account, you will lose access to your Account for the duration of the suspension without any refund for any paid Content that you may have purchased. Meteor Entertainment may also terminate this EULA if it decides, in its absolute and sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game. In such a case all licenses set out herein will immediately terminate without reimbursement or refund to you.
=========================================================

Edited by andythebomb, August 29 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#183 keivn

keivn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 04:56 PM

#184 Goyo

Goyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted August 29 2013 - 08:34 PM

Everone knows that software EULAs typically are too ambitious in their legal statements that they are not able to be enforced.

With that said,  this migration is more about customer service and making the customer happy.  Or the flip side of the coin... not pissing off too many customers.

Edited by Goyo, August 29 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#185 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted August 31 2013 - 07:21 AM

I myself have used MC to purchase internals but that was my decision to do that even though they could of been had with HC.

Would I like to get MC back for those purchases, hell yeah!
Would I buy internals with it again_ No I'd use it for the new skins and XP Overflow.
Is this fair from the devs, absolutely. I'm getting an item taken away from me with the refund to repurchase it under the new system.

Bottom line what this is about is greedy people with buyers remorse. They just don't want to have to pay $ for the new premium content being released this patch.

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#186 Stygota

Stygota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted August 31 2013 - 10:51 AM

Anybody else gonna frivolously spend all that HC from internal refunds_!_!  I'm gonna have some stacks (hopefully).  I'm really hoping I can do something stupid, like turn my infiltrator into a slightly faster, bejeweled tank.  Okay, more like a metallic-gold Rustoleum painted APC.  Slower than other speed-oriented As, with more HP than other As, but less versatility overall.  My kind of mech.

Wnat a cheap new lease mech_

Posted Image

#187 MintyOppai

MintyOppai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 31 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'm confused, so like..
If I bought a mech, will i have the mech again after the patch- or will it be refunded_

#188 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted August 31 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostMintyOppai, on August 31 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm confused, so like..
If I bought a mech, will i have the mech again after the patch- or will it be refunded_

You will still have the mech after the patch. Depending on the mech, it could be a lot cheaper to get it now, rather than later. The only thing being refunded is any credits that were spent on internals, because all of the internals that currently exist will no longer exist in the upcoming patch.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#189 Stygota

Stygota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted September 01 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostGoyo, on August 29 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Everone knows that software EULAs typically are too ambitious in their legal statements that they are not able to be enforced.

Speaking of that, is there an arbitration clause in there_  I read the EULA a number of times, but the last time I checked the EULA was before the last HEAT/RoF patch.  I could look it up, but I was curious if anyone else knows off the top of their head.

Wnat a cheap new lease mech_

Posted Image

#190 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted September 01 2013 - 03:43 PM

Its been 2 months now without playing hawken (technical and law problems, got my pc "busted by carabinieri),
I hope all those change will not be make me want to abandon the game!

#191 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 03:06 PM

The thing that really gets me is that there is no reply to customers from Hawken representatives.  It would be much more satisfying to simply hear a calm, simplistic explanation than let this continue, even if I personally agree with Asian.  Granted they don't have time to reply to every displeased customer, but with this being on such a sweeping topic posted by the devs themselves, it's rather disappointing.  Customer service of this type is part of what keeps people paying-- and no it's not mandatory to pay, but the customers are choosing to endorse something they didn't have to, which warrants at least a bit of respect.

That said, I'll just be far less likely to buy and spend MC in the future with the decided course of action--and lack of any dev response--in mind.  At least until the game is no longer in beta, which, from the looks of it, may be quite a while.  Overall, the game is still a good one, and the devs are generally helpful.  Just disappointing to see such a lack of even a courteous response.

Edit: And isn't this supposed to be the place you ask the questions related to the account migration--and get them answered--anyway_

Edited by Lord_Trent_Kellan, September 02 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#192 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted September 03 2013 - 05:59 AM

Will we have to pay for the new 5lvl upgrades when we we level up mechs that we bought in the current version_
Seems like double paying to me. Lets say i have recently bought a Zerker for ~6000HC but its still on level 1-4. After patch, the mech will be free to start playing (some xp req for pilot level) but the 5 lvl upgrades cost. Will i have to pay again_!

#193 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted September 03 2013 - 05:31 PM

f_error, on September 03 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Will we have to pay for the new 5lvl upgrades when we we level up mechs that we bought in the current version_
Seems like double paying to me. Lets say i have recently bought a Zerker for ~6000HC but its still on level 1-4. After patch, the mech will be free to start playing (some xp req for pilot level) but the 5 lvl upgrades cost. Will i have to pay again_!

Yes.  You will have to pay again, though it will only be free to play (meaning you'll have a copy) if you have the appropriate pilot level and such that unlocks it.

#194 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted September 04 2013 - 12:39 AM

If i bought it already i will definitely have a copy. And i think i can unlock/play any mech at any time. Its just the tier1 freelock that you get from pilot level.

Are you absolutely sure about having to pay all upgrades again_ So the only thing that gets migrated is XP_ Nothing else_
People pay 6140HC for a Zerker today and another 19.000 on the same Zerker tomorrow_
Or they start it for free tomorrow and pay only 19.000_
(all without items and internals)

Edited by f_error, September 04 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#195 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 01:50 PM

No, you have to unlock each mech by being a high enough pilot level, and then each mech that is after it will unlock ONLY after you fully rank up the mech before it in that pilot tier.

And XP is migrated, but if you have a rank 25 mech, it will automatically be mech level 5, without needing to pay.  That said, if you buy a new mech now, unless you manage to get enough xp for it to be the equivalent to mech rank 1 or something (in which case it will automatically be that), then yes, all upgrades you will have to pay for.  All mechs are being changed to the new system, afterall.  But if you buy one today you will still have it tomorrow, and you will likely have the free one too if you have a high enough pilot level.  If you buy a mech before the patch, you will still have that mech, and you can still earn an extra copy.

#196 Abbera

Abbera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio - United States

Posted September 04 2013 - 03:13 PM

There is a clarifying post on page 3.  Scholars in the dark ages would have violent disagreements on the nature of heaven and hell.  Not sure why this forum is reminding me of that.  So many are violently arguing from a position of absolute ignorance and pure conjecture.  Things to remember: 1.  Hawken is a true free-to-play game so you are complaining a great deal about a very low cost/high quality product.  2.  Do you really think that they kept records of which purchases were with MC and which were with HC_  Guess you thought they needed to report this to the IRS (Intergalactic Resources Statisticians).  They are trying to do what is reasonable.  Quit asking for the impossible it will only drive you nuts (if you aren't already - just kidding - keep a sense of humor in this it is suppose to be fun).

Edited by Abbera, September 04 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#197 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted September 04 2013 - 03:33 PM

i am amassed at how long these threads go on for ;-;
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#198 Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationIndpls, IN USA

Posted September 04 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostSS396, on August 19 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on August 19 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Q: What about internals_
  • A: Due to changes made to the internal system, all current internals will be removed and replaced. We will be providing pilots with an amount of HAWKEN Credits equivalent to the total cost of the internals they previously owned
What if someone paid MC for them_  I feel they should get MC back, not HC.

Also, what about us ending up with duplicate mechs from all the free rewards_
I agree with this 100%. I've spent a fair piece of change for MC for internals, NOT HC. Thanks.

YEAH I'M REALLY A 60 YR OLD GAMER. MY CALLSIGN IS PRONOUNCED INNOVATOR!!
Posted Image

#199 xero_

xero_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have played a match of Hawken as recommended and have yet to have regained the mechs I had for the previous version, this included a level 21 sharpshooter, and a level 16 bruiser.

#200 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted September 11 2013 - 04:28 PM

Any progress made in the community play test does not get transferred.
Call me Nos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users