HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hi there! Another refugee from MWO here.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Indrik_StompHowler

Indrik_StompHowler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 09:26 AM

Greetings, gentlemen... Oh, I beg your pardon, ladies and gentlemen!

I played Hawken before, but forgot password to my old account and "restore password" function doesn't work for me... So I created new account :)

Actually, I don't quite like Hawken gameplay, but something is better than nothing, and it seems that MWO will become nothing sooner than anyone expected.

#2 HKN_player

HKN_player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 09:49 AM

hello there and welcome back,

what will happend to MWO __ :huh:

#3 Indrik_StompHowler

Indrik_StompHowler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:02 AM

Ah, MWO...
When Creative Director tells Founders that they are not the "target demographic" of the game, promises to call cops if "verbal, and written threats directed at staff" will continue, and then creates kinda "community poll" wich is in fact not a poll but a way to politely say "F. U. community ", you understand that things went south and unlikely will return from there.

#4 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:28 AM

Developers distinguishing their core fan-base from their 'target demographic' for the sake of growth, and healthy financials, seems to be pandemic in the F2P industry.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#5 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:30 AM

I watched a few matches recently between some players and I thought it looked rather fun.  Is the game really moving along that badly_
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#6 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:31 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-update

I don't follow the game, but it's pretty clear that this man has no tact.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#7 Indrik_StompHowler

Indrik_StompHowler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:46 AM

MWO looks rather fun, but it has problems with... everything. And significant part of these problems (very poor weapon and mech weight-class balance) are created by developers themselves. I don't want to go in depth about it, I'll just leave this here:
"MECHWARRIOR ONLINE Faces Widespread Accusations of False Advertising"

#8 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted August 30 2013 - 12:42 PM

i havent played in since ecember, but needless to say, i felt it was more pay2win, i was a HUGE fan of the older game, and MWO and Hawken were the reason i got a new PC... damn shame.

now i need a new crimson skies to come out... and then get ruined and shatter my hopes and dreams.

Posted Image

#9 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted August 30 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostIndrik_StompHowler, on August 30 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

MWO looks rather fun, but it has problems with... everything. And significant part of these problems (very poor weapon and mech weight-class balance) are created by developers themselves. I don't want to go in depth about it, I'll just leave this here:
"MECHWARRIOR ONLINE Faces Widespread Accusations of False Advertising"
Whoa, things sound crazy over there on the other mech game front.

#10 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 12:58 PM

wow, just red the above links, didnt know it got so off base. 12v12 sounds fun, but there was only one mode when i played, i would hope there is more than just that base capture fuzzy bunny.

i liked playing infinite ammo, no heat, with respawn deathmatches, of course that was 10-15 years ago when i was a kid.

Posted Image

#11 Jolason

Jolason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 30 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm playing MWO and now trying this game too. I believe MWO if enough static is made in the MWO forums they will turn it around soon enough all games make changes if enough negative feedback is made it may be a do nothing now but that may change down the road I will still play mwo since I really do like my Victors.

And after a few minutes of play on Hawkens was enough to turn me off first of all your first mech looks like a microwave with a windshield wiper and has the defense as one can't get exp and money if I can't kill nothing and die to 1 shots by vets again why does pvp always the new player get pitting with old vets that can have pin point accuracy and turn your mech to scrap in seconds. The tutorial was ok not great but alright. Way to turn off a new player sorry folks i'm off to go back to mwo I like it alot better even with only two modes atm.

Edited by Jolason, August 30 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#12 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted August 31 2013 - 12:29 AM

welcome! you wont regret it :)

and haters gonna hate

Edited by dorobo, August 31 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#13 MRG74

MRG74

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 05:01 AM

@ Audible_Silence - Ahh.. you knew Crimson Skies_ You obviously are a gamer with taste. :) I had good times with that game many years ago. A new game in that series would be epic. The movie "Sky Capitan & the world of tomorrow" really made me think of that game when I watched it.

@ Jolason - Sorry you feel that way my friend. I played MWO & drama aside, while strategic & a customizers heaven, the game play is too slow paced. Get swarmed & taken out, & it's lights out & you have to either stay & watch the match finish or exit out & rejoin. Too much like Counter Strike for me. As for the first Mech, sure its basic, but if you adjust your play style, you'll live long enough to quickly save up some credits to buy another. The fact you can respawn instantly, ensures this. I pray Hawken, only gets bigger, as I have not had this much fun with a Mech game in way too long.

#14 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 04 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostJolason, on August 30 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

I'm playing MWO and now trying this game too. I believe MWO if enough static is made in the MWO forums they will turn it around soon enough all games make changes if enough negative feedback is made it may be a do nothing now but that may change down the road I will still play mwo since I really do like my Victors.

And after a few minutes of play on Hawkens was enough to turn me off first of all your first mech looks like a microwave with a windshield wiper and has the defense as one can't get exp and money if I can't kill nothing and die to 1 shots by vets again why does pvp always the new player get pitting with old vets that can have pin point accuracy and turn your mech to scrap in seconds. The tutorial was ok not great but alright. Way to turn off a new player sorry folks i'm off to go back to mwo I like it alot better even with only two modes atm.
   That microwave Mech is our old "Fred" and wouldn't change it for the world.  To you it's a basic mech.  To me it's a tool of death and destruction.  The mechs in this game are more about speed and require you relearn a lot of things compared to MWO.  I learned the hard way myself when I first played so don't go in expecting to be an Atlas. As for the tutorial, that'll be receiving a big change tomorrow alongside offline mode so you can practice on bots.

Edited by DDwarrior, September 04 2013 - 09:29 AM.

When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#15 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted September 04 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostMRG74, on September 04 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

@ Audible_Silence - Ahh.. you knew Crimson Skies_ You obviously are a gamer with taste. :) I had good times with that game many years ago. A new game in that series would be epic. The movie "Sky Capitan & the world of tomorrow" really made me think of that game when I watched it.

yes, i thought the same when watching that movie. I was excited when crimson skies came out for the exbox, only to realize that all customization was removed, replaced by Plane "classes" just like what happened in Mech-Assasult.
the one thing i will never understand, a game can be a hit/success on the PC, so then they bring it over to the consoles. it fails, and they say "oh the game doesnt translate well."
NO!!!! it's cuz you took a great game and got rid of the best features, turning into a generic game that doesnt sell.

Rant over....

Posted Image

#16 Indrik_StompHowler

Indrik_StompHowler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ok, I think it's a good place to say goodbye too. I'm almost done with this game. I don't understand what's going on... I mean I do everything right, yet anyone kill me easily while my weapons do 0 damage to them. And no, I'm not missing. And I'm aware of shields and EMP. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Besides, controls are absolutely horrible! Mouse behaviour here is the worst i've ever seen in my 15 years of gaming experience. It looks like mouse users are intentionally handicapped to give some fighting chance to suckers with gamepads. This is unacceptable.

So, I'm uninstalling the game now. Wish you all good luck and to have fun.

OK, after cooling down a bit :mellow: (and watching some Ascension vids on YouTube) I decided to give it another try and now I'm downloading Ascension Community Playtest. So I'm not gone yet and thus WILL annoy you further :angry: :P

Edited by Indrik_StompHowler, September 07 2013 - 06:00 PM.

#17 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 09 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostIndrik_StompHowler, on September 07 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Ok, I think it's a good place to say goodbye too. I'm almost done with this game. I don't understand what's going on... I mean I do everything right, yet anyone kill me easily while my weapons do 0 damage to them. And no, I'm not missing. And I'm aware of shields and EMP. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Besides, controls are absolutely horrible! Mouse behaviour here is the worst i've ever seen in my 15 years of gaming experience. It looks like mouse users are intentionally handicapped to give some fighting chance to suckers with gamepads. This is unacceptable.  .

So, I'm uninstalling the game now. Wish you all good luck and to have fun.   Controls are different from MechWarrior which is where I started but certainly not terrible.  I do recommend however going to the settings menu and minimizing cockpit lag.  It's a cool effect but from a competitive standpoint it hurts your reaction time, so after this change you should feels a lot more responsive in general.  

OK, after cooling down a bit :mellow: (and watching some Ascension vids on YouTube) I decided to give it another try and now I'm downloading Ascension Community Playtest. So I'm not gone yet and thus WILL annoy you further :angry: :P
   0 Damage_  Is your targeting reticle lighting up with a yellow circle_  If not, you're not making any hits.  There is a lot to learn in this game and the fact it's changing rather regularly means you'll have to adjust your play.  Read up on the tip sections and take your time.  Or better yet pick a favorite mech you want to improve on, record a match and post it.  Plenty of people here who are more then willing to give feedback on how to improve your play. With upcoming offline mode practicing will be much easier all around

Edited by DDwarrior, September 09 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#18 vijil

vijil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hawken takes some getting used to. You might also be having ping issues_

For me the single biggest issue with Hawken is the mouse engine. I don't mind the limited speed traverse or whatever, it's the fact it uses the inherently borked Unreal Engine which does and always has had terrible mousefeel. There is no way for us to fix it, and I'm pretty sure there's no way for hawken to fix it either.

What I mean by that: the game can be running at 120fps +. Walk around without moving the mouse and it feels fine. But as soon as you move the mouse to change the view it's like the mouse is moving at 10fps while the rest of the game carries on at 120. It's almost completely unbearable, and this is on any machine and any UE based game. I'm amazed more people don't notice it, and amazed they didn't change it in the latest engine updates.

I dunno maybe I'm hypersensitive, but I can accurately tell if any game is Unreal based just by moving the mouse. It's why I was a quake3 player rather than UT.

#19 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted September 17 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postvijil, on September 17 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Hawken takes some getting used to. You might also be having ping issues_

For me the single biggest issue with Hawken is the mouse engine. I don't mind the limited speed traverse or whatever, it's the fact it uses the inherently borked Unreal Engine which does and always has had terrible mousefeel. There is no way for us to fix it, and I'm pretty sure there's no way for hawken to fix it either.

What I mean by that: the game can be running at 120fps +. Walk around without moving the mouse and it feels fine. But as soon as you move the mouse to change the view it's like the mouse is moving at 10fps while the rest of the game carries on at 120. It's almost completely unbearable, and this is on any machine and any UE based game. I'm amazed more people don't notice it, and amazed they didn't change it in the latest engine updates.

I dunno maybe I'm hypersensitive, but I can accurately tell if any game is Unreal based just by moving the mouse. It's why I was a quake3 player rather than UT.
  Must be something I have to see with comparisons.  Otherwise I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

#20 Wiggles

Wiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 12:25 PM

Welcome! I have also stopped playing MWO for the time being. The way those developers treat their customers is pretty shameful. Here's hoping they turn around and listen to the community a bit more, but as long as Russ Bullock is a part of their staff I don't think it's very likely. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users