HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hi there! Another refugee from MWO here.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ninnamin

Ninnamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSome place in the northern US

Posted September 17 2013 - 04:05 PM

So they're being to the MechWarrior community what GamesWorkshop's Matt Ward is being to the Warhammer 40k community that I keep hearing so much about_

You know, the 'not listening to what the core audience of your product wants from your product' thing_ In Matt Ward's case, at least I haven't heard about him directly disrespecting the community. Is this a trend or something_

---

Wow, now that I've looked at some of the controversy surrounding MWO I'm kinda glad I chose this game over that one. It's kinda ironic; I only started playing this game because my compy couldn't handle MWO's minimum. Hopefully these guys don't do the same thing.

Please don't do the same thing.

Edited by Ninnamin, September 17 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#22 Wiggles

Wiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 10:16 AM

More or less, yeah. Basically they've been implementing features that they promised would never be in the game, and then Russ Bullock mocked the (rightfully outraged) community on twitter afterwards. Mind you, this is after months and months of poor game balancing decisions, bandaid fixes to major problems, and repeated missed deadlines for major features. It's the most pathetic example of community management I've ever seen in a F2P game. The community would probably be willing to accept the MWO developers going back on their word in some places, if the developers could at least show some understanding of how to balance their own game, and a desire to make it work in even a moderately timely manner.

Edited by Wiggles, September 18 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#23 Cobra1983

Cobra1983

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 10:23 AM

Well....then DONT try World of Tanks! Wargaming cares a fuzzy bunny about the communitys wishes. They dont improve the game engine (its quite crappy), the dont fix the matchmaker....but they add new tanks....and....new tanks...and....yeah some new tanks!
Sometimes they are great....for christmas or for big events they give away smaller premium tanks etc.....but they dont really improve the game....

#24 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted September 18 2013 - 02:19 PM

Welocome!
I'm SKRILL. If you looking for someone to show you the ropes swing by the New Pilot Training Thread and I can set you up with an experienced pilot who can help you with mech movement and voice communication.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users