HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Sentium or Prosk_

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 03:35 AM

Ok, so, hear me out on this. An idea crossed my mind recently. What if all the time and effort us players put into playing Hawken, all the matches, all the xp and hc we earn; what if all that wasn't just meant for ourselves_ What if there were some underlying reason for all the time we spend in Hawken_ Maybe there could be some kind of ultimate goal in the near future that we're always working towards so we feel like we have a greater reason to play than just to better ourselves.

I mean this as a legitimate game aspect. What if players had to choose a side: Sentium or Prosk_ and then, through playing the game and destroying enemies, any advancement they make also helps benefit their side in the war_ The longer a player plays the game and the more resources they gather for their respective company, the more rewards they can reap for that effort. It could be a sort of incentive to keep playing.

It also could be a reasonable explanation for why you even get money for destroying enemies in the first place... :unsure:

Just something to think about.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#2 Ysenberg

Ysenberg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 07 2013 - 03:37 AM

hi Bubba^^

That's an intriguing idea..i kinda like it ;)

Ysen

[font=times new roman', times, serif]O Lord, bless this Thy holy grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.[/font]

[font=times new roman', times, serif]  Grenadiers do it around the corner...^^ [/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]W[/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]andering guns #103: [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ysenberg[/font][/font]

#3 alpha78

alpha78

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted September 07 2013 - 04:45 AM

I like this.  One of the things I've never liked much about the game is that randomness associated with just being dumped on a random team or side of the map.  They've got this awesome immersion with the mech designs and cockpit feel and then it's ruined by a bunch of 1999 game modes and complete lack of story-line consistency.

I'd love hawken a lot more if there was some cool progression that worked with a story line.  I think the possibilities are almost endless if they took this sort of direction.

#4 HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted September 07 2013 - 02:22 PM

This is why I love Hawken's niche game community. Anywhere else I would have expected "Go die in a fire fuzzy bunny. This idea's stupid! Get a life." or something of that degree.

I'm glad to know others feel the same way.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far."
Sentium or Prosk_
Repair Charge / Repair Kit values

#5 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted September 07 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostHubbaBubba9849, on September 07 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Ok, so, hear me out on this. An idea crossed my mind recently. What if all the time and effort us players put into playing Hawken, all the matches, all the xp and hc we earn; what if all that wasn't just meant for ourselves_ What if there were some underlying reason for all the time we spend in Hawken_ Maybe there could be some kind of ultimate goal in the near future that we're always working towards so we feel like we have a greater reason to play than just to better ourselves.

I mean this as a legitimate game aspect. [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]What if players had to choose a side: Sentium or Prosk_[/font] and then, through playing the game and destroying enemies, any advancement they make also helps benefit their side in the war_ The longer a player plays the game and the more resources they gather for their respective company, the more rewards they can reap for that effort. It could be a sort of incentive to keep playing.

It also could be a reasonable explanation for why you even get money for destroying enemies in the first place... :unsure:

Just something to think about.
YES. LET THIS HAPPEN. NOOOOOW.
I`ll fix it later.

#6 CrazyBison

CrazyBison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 08 2013 - 05:11 PM

I think this would be a pretty good feature. I believe the idea of 'factions' improves the community and also gives each player a greater sense of belonging.

In addition, perhaps we could have scheduled larger-scale battles that give temporary exp/credits boost for the winning team; Rewards won't necessarily provide a direct advantage to your mech, but give more incentives to play.

#7 Septivium

Septivium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:37 AM

I was thinking about this also. like. I wanna feel like I am fighting for something more than just a one game score.

If it felt like there was a real war going on. Maybe a map or something to fight for control of. It would improve the Immersion.

players would gain a sense of purpose beyond just leveling up a mech.
Posted Image

#8 Abyss066

Abyss066

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:49 AM

HubbaBubba9849   I'll second to that idea :) ....makes players feel they are part of the Hawken story.  Instead of clans, we choose which faction and clans can be an "army unit" of some sort.  But if this happens, this would somewhat affect matchmaking unless there are a lot of players online to feel the gaps.

#9 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 09 2013 - 10:32 AM

You can just leave TDM as it is, and get things like the siege mode contribute; After release there's hopefully more players, and ranked matches (ranked for the faction, not just the player) could then have some meaningful result.
And possibly a small reward for those that fight for the cause, a cosmetic or something.
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#10 Lassiter13

Lassiter13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationundisclosed

Posted September 24 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hello, everyone. New here.

I think this is an awesome idea.

I haven't read the graphic novels... can anyone tell me who/what Sentium + Prosk are (Corporations of some sort, I know. But beyond that.)_ Why are they endlessly fighting_ Why are we trapped on this one colony_ What's with this --awesome, I feel-- visual stylization... why does everything look so... weird_ Any links to good background fluff anyone can share_

I really like the idea of giving players more meaning behind the mayhem. I guess what I'm asking is if I was to choose between Sentium and Prosk, what would I be choosing_

Also, once we chose a side, could we get some sick skins/decals to livrey our mechs_

#11 LegioCybernetica

LegioCybernetica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationProtium Planetary Corporation

Posted September 24 2013 - 11:09 PM

When  I first started playing HAWKEN I was hoping that this was going to be part of the main feature, pick a side(Sentium, Prosk, etc etc )  fight like hell for that side and develop a sense of loyalty for your fellow soldiers and faction. SIGH but it still feels like EXTEEL only with different mechs :(  but I'm hoping some kind of clan or faction mode will be implemented soon, SOMETHING that will immerse us more into the story aspect of  HAWKEN. Because me personally I think they have a real kick-ass background story so why not try to get players more involved in it_
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:2787]

#12 Bratwurst

Bratwurst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationHamster powered mech.

Posted September 24 2013 - 11:19 PM

The Wandering Guns would greatly benefit from this, we are a mercenary group, this would benefit us greatly.
Posted Image

#13 Incognit0

Incognit0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 25 2013 - 05:05 AM

LETS GO DEEPER! Lets say there's a map overlay of the world with civilization/ planetside style grid over it. From this screen you can see which parts of the world are contested and which parts are under control. You see, each corporation's team competes for number of wins on each map. You see, the maps we play on during a match will represent one or more of the sections of the grid (until the map count is high enough for each sector to represent a unique map).

What's the point_ Here's my pitch: at the end of the match you get let's say 50 CC which are corporate credits, and go towards a progression of rewards that take an increasing amount to unlock (maybe they're random instead of linear) but what if the corporation you're playing for controls 10 more sectors_ well they get a percentage increase on their CC points post match. Take or at least wrestle a sector from the enemy: a large bonus.

Also we'll have to have the world mat in such a way that there's never just one front line to prevent the same sectors being fought over, dont want to lose variety. Any mode available would be able to contribute and some sort of corporate balance will have to be in place, or maybe make it so every sector is free game and no ground war progression really has to happen.

just spit balling here really

#14 heartofdarkness

heartofdarkness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWeyland Yutani research offices

Posted September 25 2013 - 05:33 AM

Liked this idea for a while now as it has far reaching undertones to the lore of Hawken, for instance Sandspider(fellow pilot) and myself, both hail from the now dead Crion.We & our`s gave you the Hawken virus,we & our`s ruined this pretty little planet...& we & our`s will destroy YOU :o ;)
Posted Image

#15 Killcap

Killcap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 05:51 AM

Some of these ideas such as a map you fight for control of, a faction you join, etc sound incredibly similar to PlanetSide 2, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

It's an interesting idea but the player base is way too small at the moment to segregate players into specific factions.

#16 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted September 25 2013 - 08:56 AM

Actually, this would definitely change the feel of the multiplayer experience.
It just shouldn't interfere with the game's progression, but add flavor to the world you have found yourself in.

Pick a corporate entity and fight within either's ranks
You would fight your opposition from within, wouldn't you_

"For the Horde" and "Prosk for life!"
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#17 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted September 25 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postheartofdarkness, on September 25 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Liked this idea for a while now as it has far reaching undertones to the lore of Hawken, for instance Sandspider(fellow pilot) and myself, both hail from the now dead Crion.We & our`s gave you the Hawken virus,we & our`s ruined this pretty little planet...& we & our`s will destroy YOU :o ;)
Was you a member of Crion_ And I was told the virus was going to be used to recycle old mechs! We in Crion would neeeever do anything bad to make sure there was less competition!
I`ll fix it later.

#18 Ninnamin

Ninnamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSome place in the northern US

Posted September 25 2013 - 11:13 AM

I like this idea, but it needs refining.

-What's to stop people from switching between sides_

-If the players on each team aren't even enough, won't that cause more imbalanced games_

-If there are more players of a certain skill level on one team than the other, won't that cause imbalanced games_

I have a suggestion to refine the idea of 'faction preferences';

-All players are Mercinaries, and start out neutral.

-Players can 'prefer' a specific side at a bonus when playing as that side (and some other neat goodies related to that side's progression), but at the same time they get a 'pay reduction' from the other side.

-Players can stop preferring a specific side at either a price of HC or a temporary 'pay reduction' from that side. After a specific time period, the pay from both sides would even out and they would become 'neutral'. This would be to prevent constant 'side swapping' by players.

What do you guys think_

EDIT: The only reason there's a problem with the initial proposition is that the player base is far too small at the moment, as stated above. Once the player base reaches levels of 7- to 10,000 people, it will become less of an issue.

My suggestions are for providing the 'faction loyalty' feeling without restricting players too much.

Edited by Ninnamin, September 25 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#19 space_mouse

space_mouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationYER MOMS

Posted September 25 2013 - 11:20 AM

If each corporate faction used the statistics from combat to generate some kind of weekly/daily war news bulletins, complete with maps and screen shots, bogus fluff pieces, adds for mek bits and bogus products, food/eu rationing cards, secret decoder rings, and candy...(breath :o )...I for one would be stoked. The top players clans and factions could get screen names in the papers, complete with wartime pics and vids from the matches. New challenges could be posted up, and the first to achieve would get some perk and cred.  It would be fun to read opposite opinions about the great victory/tragic-defeat. Want adds could be posted for various bounties, organized matches, clans could post recruitment ads with links. A most wanted page. The 3 person party/squads could band up and fight for the cause or just for cash. The HC generated in matches currently suffices as "payment", with large weekend wars perhaps coming with a perk such as 2xp or +100mc.

$p4(3_//.u$3!
........... :ph34r:.......
...........>!<.......

Edited by space_mouse, September 25 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#20 Ninnamin

Ninnamin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSome place in the northern US

Posted September 25 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Postspace_mouse, on September 25 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

If each corporate faction used the statistics from combat to generate some kind of weekly/daily war news bulletins, complete with maps and screen shots, bogus fluff pieces, adds for mek bits and bogus products, food/eu rationing cards, secret decoder rings, and candy...(breath :o )...I for one would be stoked. The top players clans and factions could get screen names in the papers, complete with wartime pics and vids from the matches. New challenges could be posted up, and the first to achieve would get some perk and cred.  It would be fun to read opposite opinions about the great victory/tragic-defeat. Want adds could be posted for various bounties, organized matches, clans could post recruitment ads with links. A most wanted page. The 3 person party/squads could band up and fight for the cause or just for cash. The HC generated in matches currently suffices as "payment", with large weekend wars perhaps coming with a perk such as 2xp or +100mc.

$p4(3_//.u$3!
........... :ph34r:.......
...........>!<.......

I think they might need someone exclusively dedicated to this kind of system for it to work; It sounds too complex to be simply automated.

EDIT: It's almost certainly too complex and expensive for the hawken team to include at the moment. Maybe later, when the game picks up speed and more people join up. I'm not saying it's a bad idea; I actually think it's pretty cool. Someone could do monthly community overviews on 'how the war fares' (huehuehue), and it could add 'legitimacy' to the world Hawken is set in.

Edited by Ninnamin, September 25 2013 - 12:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users