HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dynamic Internals and the Promotion of Gameplay Depth

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:02 PM

This thread is a follow up to Internals: killstreaks in disguise, where I and many others discussed the negative aspects brought about by some of the new internals offered in the Ascension update.  

In short, the majority of the players on these forums do not want to see killstreak internals, or internals that provide bonuses after you score a kill or die.  

Internals like the Air Compressor, however, add depth to the game by allowing players to directly manipulate their gameplay in ways that are otherwise unavailable.  I favor internals that require less slots so players will be able to mix and match little nuances that fit their playstyles, without feeling like they don't have enough room.  

Depth is good.  If implemented properly, it keeps things interesting and gives players options with regards to individual gameplay styles.   The purpose of this thread is to promote discussion and propose suggestions for Internals that would benefit Hawken by allowing the player to do different things in the game. Mere number modifications can only go so far.   Please make suggestions if you have any, and don't forget the beer and pie.  

You may use this format if it interests you, or don't.   I'll try to keep the main thread updated with as many suggestions as possible.  

Internal name:
Effect:
Potential for advanced technical application:
Number of slots:

I'll start.  

Internal name: Glider Plates
Effect: Hyper-smooth plating are installed on the mech that cause the mech to slide after a boost or dodge.
Potential for advanced technical application: Boost and then cut engines.  You'll move faster than walking for a short duration, allowing you to maneuver in a direction and shoot at the same time.  
Number of slots: 2

Internal name: Basic Power Dodge / Power Dodge
Effect: Dodge speed is increased by 10%/20% (note: the actual speed of the dodge in m/s, not the cooldown)
Slots: 1 or 2

Internal name: Xacius is a sexy beast.  
Effect:  Permanent +15 to charisma and sex appeal.  
Potential for advanced technical application:  A true magician never reveals his secrets.

Internal name: Thrust Capacitors
Effect: Dodge thrusters are modified to outlet shorter, less powerful bursts more frequently.  Dodge distance is reduced by 1/2, however dodge cooldown and fuel cost are also reduced by 1/2
Number of slots: 1

Internal name: Thruster Heat Sinks
Effect: The range of radar signature generated while boosting, dodging, or hovering is significantly reduced, however the mech builds up excess heat for each action performed.  Heat is generated on boost, hover, or dodge.  The amount of heat generated is proportional to the amount of fuel used.  Radar signature reduced by a significant distance.  
Number of slots: 1
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#2 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:03 PM

The following are examples of internals that allow the user to perform different mechanics, much like the Air Dodge.  I also included some neat % modifications depending on whether or not certain conditions are met.  

View PostShadowWarg, on September 16 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

Internal name: Friction Foot
Effect: Slows mech's falling decent while against a wall, resets ability to vertically ascend while hovering. Initial hover fuel cost (the amount of fuel required to start hovering) is doubled. (Basically a wall jump mechanic)

Internal name: Ice System
Effect: Mech lose friction and maintain x% of there momentum between movement while moving on the ground. (After boosting/dodging may cause skidding) This allows the pilot to make quicker movements on the battle field, however the mech will take longer to reach full running or boosting speeds when starting from low movement speeds, and pilots will not have as much control over there mech's movements. (think armored core and tribes) So crashing into walls or other mechs will cause you to lose momentum and become a much easier target to hit for a longer period of time compared to other mechs.

View PostTeljaxx, on September 16 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Blink System:
Replaces dodging with short range teleports at the cost of much higher fuel consumption and cooldown. Incompatible with Air Compressor.

Liquid coolant:
Overheating starts draining fuel instead of shutting down weapons. If fuel is completely drained while overheated, your weapons shut down, and your fuel will not regenerate until your heat is at zero.

Incendiary Boosters:
Boosting and dodging causes a small increase in heat for any nearby enemies. Reduces cooling effectiveness.

Auxiliary Cavorite plating:
Reduces the weight of your mech, increasing maximum jump height, and reduces falling speed and aerial fuel usage. Reduces maximum armor by 10%, and crush damage by 30%.

Thermal Amplifier:
Increases all movement speed by 1%, and damage output by .5% for every 10% of your heat bar filled. Increases overheat recovery time.

View PostTeljaxx, on September 11 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Cavorite.

Here are some more suggestions:

Mech Mods:
  • Drone Camera - Adds a camera to your repair drone that allows it to be used as a third person view. Reduces repair rate by 50%.
  • Remote Drone - Allows your repair drone to be remote controlled around the map to scout out locations. Your view switches to its view while controlling it, and it has a small screen in your HUD while deployed. Cannot repair while drone is deployed. Must wait two minutes for drone to be rebuilt if it gets shot down.
  • Chameleon Plating - Makes your mech partially transparent while not firing or boosting. Also reduces visibility on radar by 15%, and reduces the range that the red brackets will show on you.
  • Chaff Dispenser - Creates a small, short duration field of chaff at your location when you activate a side dash. Any mech within the chaff loses their radar functionality until they leave. Ninja vanish!

View PostLucier, on September 10 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

My suggestions:

Internal name: Thrust Nozzle Silencer
Effect: Boosting, dodging, and hovering are completely silent. Fuel consumption is slightly increased.
Slots required: 1-3, with an inverse relationship between the number of slots required and the increase in fuel consumption.

Internal name: Extra Item Slot
Effect: Grants 1 extra item slot, for a total of 7.
Slots required: 2

Internal name: Heat Rerouting Device (I'm pretty clever with the names, eh_)
Effect: Decreases max fuel capacity, fuel regeneration, and the amount of heat required to overheat by 50%. Increases heat generation.
Heat can be used in place of fuel. Priority is given to consuming heat, then fuel.
Slots required: 2 or 3. I think it'd be way too much of a game changer to be 1 slot.

I realize that last one was pretty zany.  I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts on these.

View PostDuralumi, on September 10 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Internal name: Supplemental Thusters
Effect: Allows forward boosting while the Mech is in mid-air. Either floating or not. Fuel Consumption stacks with floating fuel consumption.
Potential for advanced technical application: Beserker/Bruiser/Rocketeer/Vangaurd pilots can use it as a last (or even first) resort to rush down people, at the cost of mobility and accuracy. A way to go really fast with drawbacks to accompany the speed boost.
Number of slots: 3

Internal name: Kinetic Repulsors
Effect: Replaces all booster-related movement abilities (except for 180 turns) with hops of varying length and height.
All hops operate off a passive charging system. The longer resting period you give hops, the longer said hop will propel you when you use it again.
All hops have seperate cooldown timers, including left/right hops.
Accuracy is reduced temporarily during and after hopping.
Giving the timer longer to rest results in longer jumps.
Scout's ability increases hop regen speed for X seconds.
Blitz increases hop speed.
Mech stun-time after falling damage is reduced by 50%.
Fuel Regen affects hop recharge.
Fuel Capacity affects maximum hop distance.
Momentum is taken into account prior to each hop.
You no longer have any control of your mech while in mid-air (overwrites other internals).
Potential for advanced technical application: Mechs that focus on ground combat can use this to cross gaps without making themselves easy targets in mid air.
Chain hops to get closer to your target by shifting your view while side-hopping
Number of slots: 4

Internal name: Evasive Boosters
Effect: Replaces your 180-degree turn with a backwards dash which mirrors your side-dash distance and cooldown. Fuel Consumption from side/back-dashes is increased by 30%.
Potential for advanced technical application: It allows pilots to retreat easier without turning their back on the enemy. It also allows long-range mechs to increase the gap between their targets.

and some other stuff I thought of

Internal name: Inferno Loader
Effect: Increases the damage of your Primary and Secondary weapons the higher your heat rating is, up to a maximum of 25% more damage.
Increases heat generation of Primary and Seconday weapons by X%.
Potential for advanced technical application: Adds a risk/reward mechanic to a mech. You can dice with the risk of overheating for the ability to do more damage.

Internal name: Riot Ammunition
Effect: Increases AoE of explosive weapons, but reduces the damage of them as well.
Potential for advanced technical application: Good against groups who cluster together, or for pilots who are not confident in their ability to hit targets with projectiles.

Edited by Xacius, September 16 2013 - 09:15 PM.

High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

#3 PlzBanMe

PlzBanMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:06 PM

I already made a thread for new internals and how to change the old one to fit better. I did a full outline of all current internals.You know what instead can you take the outline of what I have for the current internals and put it in a post near the top_ It can be used as a refrence guide when thinking about how a new part would be with the current ones. https://community.pl...gested-balance/

Edited by PlzBanMe, September 09 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#4 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostPlzBanMe, on September 09 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I already made a thread for new internals and how to change the old one to fit better. I did a full outline of all current internals.You know what instead can you take the outline of what I have for the current internals and put it in a post near the top_ It can be used as a refrence guide when thinking about how a new part would be with the current ones. https://community.pl...gested-balance/

Instead of changing internals that are already in place, I've decided to make suggestions for completely new internals.  While some of your suggestions are interesting, they don't fit the plan for this thread.  You're more than welcome to make suggestions for completely new internals, though.

#5 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 09 2013 - 05:33 PM

Lol quite a few of us have made threads like this after looking at the new internals. The problem is collecting all of the suggestions into one place because we are scattered through out the forums. I don't think people want to have to keep re -osting there ideas. (I started one in the suggestions section: https://community.pl...es/#entry342561 because threads in the general topics section, although do normally get more attention, but don't normally stay on the front page that often)

But seriously, copy topics need to stop being made and everyone just focus on one thread. The devs aren't going to waste their time digging through the forums for this stuff and people hate repeating themselves.

I'll re-post anyway and save f_error and Teljaxx the trouble.

ShadowWarg

View PostShadowWarg, on September 08 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Xacius gave a pretty good opinion of the new internals here: https://community.pl...ks-in-disguise/ Some are great, others not so much.

Here are some other possibilities:

Mech Internals: These internal effect the mech's functions and  performance:
  • Forward Boosting while in air
  • C mech generate a shield plane (similar to the barricade) that protects against forward damage and allows for fire from the users site to pass through (Health base) The user can not move while the shied is active.
  • Able to hold multiples of the same type of item
  • Decrease item slot  count requirement(s) by 1 at the cost of the decrease effectiveness
Weapon Internals: These internals effect how weapons function and perform:
  • Ammunition Modifiers
  • Armor Piercing  munition for bullet based weapons.

• Ricochet Bullet (Re-Flak gets increased Ricochets)

• Cluster bomb For GL and Tow

• Grenades fired from GL and HE charges Stick to enemies

• Adds bullet damage (shrapnel) to tow and GL blast at the cost of decrease explosive radius
  • Tracer Rounds for Slug, Sabot, and Ke-Sabot (Allows player and their team to see marked targets)
  • Multi shot Tow (shoots multiple Tow rockets as the cost of damage)
  • Shot Hell Fire Missiles in Sequence one at a time (Missile Rapid Fire)
  • Helix repair Torch heals mechs with radius of the healing target mech
  • Generate Health charges from leaching mech
  • Change behavior of T-32, fixed damage, uncharged more spread,  charged less spread at the cost of more heat generated
  • Disable repair function of Helix Repair Torch and increase damage beam strength at the cost of sticky
  • Disable MIRV function for Corsair to allow manual detonation of RPG
  • Inflict damage when boosting into enemies (the heavier the class the more damage inflicted)
  • Increase Item effectiveness at the cost of increase Item slot usage
  • Disable Redox debuff effect to increase round damage and slightly increase blast radius by 10-20% (explosive round)
  • Helix damage mode becomes a Tesla gun (ark cannon) allowing for arcing damage on multiple targets at the cost of health leaching.
  • Increase heat generation of all mechs in the blast radius of the Tow, GL, or Corsair RPG at the cost of decrease damage.
Some of the above aren't actually mine but I liked them so I added them.

f_error

View Postf_error, on September 09 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

If its about weapon mods, i would like ones that change gameplay at least a bit. If i get stronger bullets i will still keep shooting and moving like before.
Maybe:

- Tracking ammo for hunters like the reaper. Damage to enemy lights them on the radar for a certain time. Next level: radar lighting visible for all teammates too.

- missfire protection. If your crosshair is on a teammate your tow/sabot etc. is locked. (can be negative too sometimes. helpful for beginners and in choke points)

- Different variants for indirect/bouncing weapons like grenade or revgl. Arc them over an obstacle and with a second click make them fall straight down e.g.

- Radar blast on explosives. Where the tow/grenade etc. explodes a short scan is executed and you get an info on your radar. Different info levels for "enemy around impact / num enemies around impact / location on radar".

- sabotage ammo: Progresses enemy deeper into cooldown. Activates ability if available, takes seconds off of ability if active, adds cooldown seconds if on cooldown. (only works every x seconds, so that enemy gets an "open window") Maybe for the tech.

- virus ammo: prevents enemy from healing for x seconds. different levels for self heal / orb heal / tech heal / ability heal / ... blocked

general internals items and abilites:

- insight: Lets you see if an enemy is on cooldown and his item status. Different levels for "on cooldown / num seconds left / items used ..."

- override detonator: much smaller damage than detonator but activates/drops all items on enemies in range

- hunter senses: shows enemies hp on radar

- gravity shield: curves bullets and explosives around but lets them pass in the general direction. Skilled players can still get the/some shots in. Effect varies on distance of bullet/explosive to shield.

- mirage: creates a mirrorimage every time you dodge. image dodges in the opposing direction and vanishes directly.

- C-Class mech catapult. A/B or maybe even C-class hops on the back of other C-Class. Catapult mech aims (upper mech has to trust) and shoots the other one towards frontline/savety/objective .. Distance and arc depends on mech weight.

- Dropable jump pad / catapult.

Teljaxx

View PostTeljaxx, on September 09 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

I think that there need to be more internals that fundamentally change the way you play, and less of the kill or death bonus ones.

Having multiple categories of internals again might work well. Each mech could have one internal from each category equipped. One category would be Mech Mods, like the Air Compressor and Deflector Plates. And the other would be Weapon Mods, which would affect the mechs weapons, and only be equippable by a mech that has the weapon it affects.

Mech Mods would be like this:
  • Dash Overdrive - Increases side dodge duration if the movement key is held down longer.
  • Leg Springs - Replaces the 180 spin with a short, backwards hop.
  • Optical Zoom - Adds a cockpit zoom at 1/2 the magnification of the Sabot.
  • Detuned Thrusters - Thrusters deal light damage and heat, fuel consumption increased and boost speed decreased.
  • Cargo Bay - Adds an extra item slot, reduces movement speed.
  • Jump Booster - Double tapping jump activates a powerful vertical boost that drains a large amount of fuel.
  • Fuel Converter - Allows fuel to be used to shorten your ability cooldown.
The Weapon Mods would be things like this:
  • High Explosive Warhead (TOW) +30% blast radius, -20% direct damage.
  • Armor Piercing Warhead (TOW) -80% blast radius, +40% direct damage.
  • Napalm Grenade (Grenade Launcher) -30% total damage, adds 3 second flame pool within blast radius.
  • Fragmentation Grenade (Grenade Launcher) -20% damage and splash radius, adds 12 shrapnel projectiles.
  • Radiation Tag (Sabot/KE-Sabot) -20% damage, target has 30% more visibility on radar for 5 seconds.
  • Doubled Capacitors (Sabot/KE-Sabot) +30% heat, shots now pierce one target.
If each mech had one Mech Mod, and one Weapon Mod like this, then it would allow for some nice, personalized customization of our mechs.

Silverfire

View PostSilverfire, on September 09 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Now this is horizontal progression!  Sidegrades to the weapons that change how you play and not necessarily how powerful you are.  Sidegrades truly diversify the weaponry because then there is creation of more gameplay styles, thus greater depth.  The flat kill=bonus internals are no good.  I like how the slot system is in place, which forces you to decide what you want over other bonuses, but I don't like what options the slots provide you.

Things I think are interesting sidegrades:
1. Laser designation for TOW (takes place of manual detonation) to guide single rocket.  Takes skill to guide the rocket while firing off your primary at the same time, plus dodging.
2. Forward boosting in the air.  Who doesn't love flying_  Also adds to the x-y-z axis gameplay.
3. Multi-lock Hellfires (can still lock on one person and fire all on that one, but multilock disperses the missiles across several different enemies)
4. Sticky grenades.
5. Deployable attack drone (would take place of repair drone) that fights alongside you for extra firepower
6. Variation on armor-piercing bullets: heat generation is moderately increased but has the ability to hit mechs behind the one you're shooting at.
7. Autonomous deployable drones (just like turrets) from the training modes.  They move slowly (like pre-Ascension Rocketeer turret mode speed), and are slightly weaker than stationary turrets, but still can provide decent mobile fire support (MG only).
8. Oil slicks.  You create a puddle of oil that causes mechs to slide across them and mess up their movement for a couple of seconds.  They could boost out of it to immediately regain control of their mech, but the flames on the mech's boosters ignites the oil and causes a bit of damage to the mech.
9. MRL, or multiple rocket launcher (sidegrade to TOW).  Just like the TOW but shoots a burst of smaller TOW rockets (3-4) that are weaker.

That's all I got for now, but I'll keep thinking.

Edited by ShadowWarg, September 09 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#6 ArachII

ArachII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:05 PM

I was waiting eagerly for your topic Xacius! :D

Internal name: Heat manager bypass
-Weapons no longer shutdown when overheated.
-Firing weapons damage yourself, based on the weapon damage.
Number of slots: 2-3

Internal name: Sonar
-All enemy mech, except cloaked ones, are revealed in the vicinity of your radar.
-Show your position to the affected mechs.
Number of slots: 2-3

Internal name: Truster pre-igniter
-Holding shift+S after a 180 spin will burn a small area behing you for X damage per seccond.
-Greatly consume fuel and generate heat.
Someone jump on your face_ Show them your back, burn their face, and pray you have enough fuel to run safely...

Internal name: Auxiliary combustion chamber
-Allow your mech to perform a second dodge right afer a normal dodge, before the first dodge's cooldown is finished.
-The fuel cost of the second dodge is twice (maybe trice_) the cost of a normal dodge.

Internal name: Air vents
-Boosting/dodging/flying reduce weapon's heat.

Those ideas aren't really great ones and aren't really balanced. I will edit them when I figure out to properly balance them better.

I want to see other suggestions! Keep it up! :D

Edited by ArachII, September 09 2013 - 06:10 PM.

"I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees" - Emiliano Zapata

#7 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:20 PM

Alright, here are a few more concepts (Looks like some of my ideas overlaps with yours ArachII)

Reverse Thrusters - 3 slots - Allows boosting backwards (keybindings could be an issue as this would work well with 180 turns, perhaps replace "non shift" s key (walking backwards) with this function). Boosts at 60 or 70% of normal boost speed and consumes 60 or 70% normal boost fuel. Can shoot while boosting backwards.

Thrusters Overcharger - 3 slots - Allows for consecutive dodges every 3-4 seconds (basically removes the dodge cooldown after time limit)

Reserve Thrusters - 2 slots - Allows dodging with insufficient fuel, however, resets fuel amount to 0 after dodge.

Additional Air Thrusters - 2 slots - Allows for short boosts forwards (and backwards_) while in the air, uses same amount of fuel as a dodge.

Concealer - 3 slots - Reduces time to disappear from radar for all actions by 70%, Reduces detectable range for all actions by 30%

Suppressors - 1 slot - Mutes walking, running, boosting, jumping, dodging, repairing and scraping against walls sounds from the enemy while out of view

Repair Drone Modifier - 2 or 3 slots - Allows for 40% faster repairs at cost of 2x - 2.5x longer startup and exit repair mode time

Hellfire Enhancer - 1 slot - Target Remains locked 2.5x as long

Hellfire Modified Aiming System - 1 slot - Allows up to 3 targets to be selected consecutively by one salvo of hellfires (Time to lock on for targets after the first has been selected is reduced by 80%)

Heat Diverter - 2 slots - when boosting heat is removed from weapons 60% faster or 30% faster when boosting backwards

Edited by Luminescent, September 09 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#8 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:25 PM

I guess I'll repost from a different post I made and expand:

Internal Name: Laser Designator
Effect: Removes manual detonation of the TOW and replaces it with a laser designator, designed to guide the TOW to a certain point.
Potential for Advanced Application: The TOW can still be used like a normal TOW without the detonation, but this allows for more accurate guiding, as you must keep the laser designator locked onto your opponent, while still fighting.
Slots: 2

Internal Name: Jet Thrusters
Effect: Allows for mid air boosting.
Potential for advanced application: Adds depth to the x-y-z axis of fighting.  Also, I want to fly through the air on a Vulcan Berserker shooting off TOWs and feeling like the most badass jet fighter ever.

Internal Name: MLOS (Multiple Lock On System)
Effect: Allows for multiple Hellfire lock ons.
Potential for Advanced Application: crowd control added to the Hellfire game play, with the ability to strike up to 4 different enemy mechs.
Slots: 4

Internal Name: Mech-Piercing Ammunition
Effect: Allows player to shoot and damage mechs behind the one in front, damage decreasing exponentially the more mechs it pierces, at the cost of higher heat generation and a slightly slower fire rate.
Potential for Advanced Application: Good for dispersing single mech charge lines and that nasty lil bugger Technician who just won't go away.
Slots: 3

(Not really an Internal, but I think it's worth considering)
Item Name: Mobile Defense Platform
Effect: Deploys an autonomous attack drone (similar to the ones in training) that operates within a certain range (for argument's sake, let's say 75 meters. I haven't measured anything out for balance).  It uses the same weapon as the MG turrets and its speed is similar to the Rocketeer's turret mode speed pre-Ascension.
Potential for Advanced application: Turret, but it moves on its own and it fights.  Easy to kill, but truly annoying to deal with.  Good for locking down points and providing extra firepower, but this time, it's mobile.
Slots: 3

That's all I got for now, I'll sleep on it and keep thinking!

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#9 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wow!  Tons of suggestions so far.  I have an essay due at 11pm, but after that I'll compile everyone's suggestions into the first two posts.  Thanks!  <3

#10 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'll add whatever popped into my head at the time as well XD

Added two more from my previous post. Will add more when I feel like it >:0

EOC
  • When an enemy steps on one mine, the rest of the mines explode as well
  • Once a volley of mines are attached to an object, all mines explode once another volley is fired
  • Mines that do not explode on contact with mechs but instead do DoT for the rest of the mines life cycle
  • Mines explode instantly on contact, No AoE
  • Mines have a longer charge up time but the AoE is larger
  • Mines have a faster travel time but can only be shot three at a time (1 per every second canister)
  • Mines are fired three with a full charge with an extra three seconds on the mine timer with a full charge (one per stage after the first three).
  • Can only fire three in a full charge (2 per stage, counting first three) but the mines will ricochet once before sticking.
Grenade Launcher
  • Grenade no longer bounces but sticks to the object.
  • Grenade travel speed is increased, can no longer manually detonate.
  • Grenade only explodes after hitting an object first but splits into two grenades (splits the damage)
  • Grenades shot out will hover slowly in the air before dropping down on the ground where it will explode
  • Grenades can no longer be manually detonated but the middle mouse buttonwill adjust it's course to the closest metal object (including the ground).
  • Once it's course is changed it will no longer change course.
  • Grenades can no longer be manually detonated but the middle mouse button will quickly repel it from the closest metal object (including the ground).
  • Grenades can no longer be manually detonated and have a smaller AoE but once it explodes, anything within x radius of the blast will be targetted (enemy sighted) once. Cooldown before it can be targeted again is 10-15 seconds.
Hellfires
  • Allows the player to select an area with a twelve dot pattern, missiles will fire and land in the same pattern.
  • Each rocket will have a delay between each rocket but will fly in a straight path while homing.
  • Dumbfire rockets with the ability to seek in the direction of its target while locked on but cannot change its course once it has changed it.
  • Or the reverse, locked on missiles that dumbfire when you press the middle mouse button
  • Multi-lock (as others have previously suggested many times)
  • Missile that fly up into the air, when the player presses the middle mouse button, they fly straight downwards and explode on contact.
  • Prioritizing Missiles, missiles that specify the most valuable target even when locked on (should be a multi-change sidegrade, for auto-lock)
Heat Cannon
  • Heat Cannon that does 120-130 Damage on a full charge but has no AoE and a 70 Damage shot uncharged with a larger AoE. With various damage and AoE in between.
  • Uncharged shots provide small amounts of Heat Gen to enemy.
  • Heat Cannon does higher damage when closer to overheating, the higher the heat gen the higher the damage (max I think would be 25% more damage on the shot that would overheat the weapon).
  • Charged shots stick to the enemy and do Heat Gen over time for a limited time.
  • Every direct shot does bonus damage until the player misses a shot.

Edited by Sylhiri, September 09 2013 - 08:59 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#11 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:01 PM

Almost forgot: (from an older post of mine, but I still love the idea)

Deployable mini jump pad
Effect: Timer based deployable jump pad that can launch anyone into the air.
Potential for Advanced Application:[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It would launch an unsuspecting mech into the air some way into the air. Not nearly as high as a normal jump pad, but say, maybe 1/2 or 1/3 of the height a normal jump pad launches you.  [/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The point of it is to make an enemy more conspicuous.  It's much easier to spot an enemy when they launched into the air and also easier to target them.  It would not do any damage and it could be placed down almost like a mine.  It would definitely throw off an enemy's movements.  It can also be used to retreat.  You're boosting away from an enemy mech chasing you down, you drop one of these, and they go flying into the air, unable to continue chasing you until they land again.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]it can also help out teammates too.  Instead of them using their fuel to say, fly up to the top of the AA, a deployable jump pad could help them get up there and save fuel.  Also, just imagine a wave of mechs jumping on their own pads at once and see a synchronized flying wave of death![/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You could use the jump pad to help yourself. Say you wanted to get to the highway level of Prosk from the ground level.  You could throw one of these pads down, get your vertical boost from the pad, and then use your own fuel to boost the rest of the way there.[/font]

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Slots: 3[/font]

Edited by Silverfire, September 09 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#12 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:06 PM

Lol some of these look like Items but that's cool.

These are looking interesting. A lot of people seem interested in weapon specific and mech specific internals. We could take this further and select our favorites and most popular ones and figure out ways to balance them. But that can come later.

Popular Internal suggestions
  • Ability to forward boost while in the air
  • Hellfire mod: multi targeting system
  • GL mod: Sticky bomb
  • Portable jump pad
  • Tracer round ammunition for marking and tracking targets
  • Dodge duration, increase the distance for dodging (unique suggestion: controlled by how long you hold the shift key)
  • Back dash replacing 180 turn
  • Armor piercing munition at the cost of increased heat generation and/or long fire rate.
  • Multi dodge, Dodge again while in cool down at the cost of more fuel used on the next dodge
The above are just from my observation.

I'm also porting over any suggestions from my thread as well so people dont have to repeat them selves.

Edited by ShadowWarg, September 09 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#13 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:09 PM

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Reachh's cloak and dagger style mercenary internals! [/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Because chaos and psychological warfare is fun.[/font]

Internal name: Flux Capacitor
Effect: When this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious fuzzy bunny. Also builds up a single charge after 10 seconds out of combat, applies charge to secondary weapon for one shot that scrambles enemy radar and damage direction indicator for 3 or 5 seconds. Effect on direct hits only. Does not apply to Sniper weapons.
Slots: 2 or 3
Remarks: By default, radar signature reveals you for 3 seconds after weapons fire. Boost reveals you on radar for 2 seconds I think. You are still visible on radar for the duration of the projectile's travel time. Grenades keep their charge after bouncing.

Internal name: Phantom Drive
Effect: Cloaks mech after standing still, out of combat for 6 or 4 seconds. All ability and item cooldowns, as well as radar are disabled. Charged weapons slowly build up heat, cloak does not effect any sounds made. Fuel generators need to reignite after decloak, slowly restoring fuel generation over 8 seconds.
Remarks: for perspective, the best EMP lasts for 5 seconds

Internal name: ECM Suite
Effect: Causes your radar signature to jump around randomly, within a 15m or 30m radius. Heat dissipation reduced by 15% or 10%. Effect cancelled for 3 or 1.5 seconds on weapons fire.
Remarks: by default, radar signature appears for 3 seconds after weapons fire.

Internal: Field Dampener Suite
Effect: reduces the radar detection range of weapons fire by 40% or 65%. Does not affect damage direction indicators or visible tracers.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Holograms! Holograms for all![/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The goa[/font][/font]l of this set is simply to supply pilots with the tools necessary use their cunning as a weapon, in a game that is sometimes oftentimes too predictable. Additionally, opponents are required to use more decision making and prediction during battles. I hope to add some more CS style tension to matches, as well as reward players for being able to act and respond with a clear head during engagements (both using and fighting against these internals). Effects are naturally multiplied in organized teams, as well as with communication, and less effective in crowded battles. Hopefully the gimmicks can provide some fun for mid level mid and novice players to use as well.

I was also tempted to change the cloak internal to allow some movement without radar during cloak, but I'll have to think about this. I'd love to hear any insights or changes you would make to these puppies. I know a lot of high level players are very aware of radar and psychological play, as well as radar feints and fake repair in 1v1s. The spirit of this set is to enhance that kind of gameplay, and extend it for use in all game modes, so keep that in mind when making suggestions.

I reckon some of these internals have a natural synergy with the infiltrators ability, others with the TOW weapon, some with sustained fire weapons, and some with classes that find themselves in CQC often. Some have obvious applications in position based games, while others have more subtle applications, such as a cloaked ambush on the Facility MA map, which has rotational symmetry.

I would like to encourage more stealthy play with C Classes, ala AJK's Fat Ninja doctrine, but I don't have many ideas at the moment, and am not even sure how C Classes will be used post-Ascension.

Edited by ReachH, September 09 2013 - 07:38 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#14 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:13 PM

Internal name: Concentrated Boost Thruster

Effect: New Keybind (Default: ~ [you can hit it with your pinky finger]) Concentrates all current fuel into a supercharged thruster boost. 1.5 sec charge up, can't cancel out of it unless hit or run into a wall with atleast 50% of the boost complete, upgrades ramming damage to 200%, covers 150% distance compared to normal boosting, MUST travel in a straight line from point of ignition, if mech is on ground and goes into air mid-boost treat mech's gravity as if hovering at max height, if ignited mid-air disregard mech's gravity and continue in straight line.
Draw back: 1 minute cooldown (persists through death) -50% fuel regen after use returned to normal after full tank, no boosting until full tank. Incompatible with A-Class mech due to the pressure put on their small fuel tanks, many test mechs were harmed in the saftey testing of concentrated boost thrusters. NOTE: Mechs with air dynamics systems will not benefit any extra speed from combining concentrated boost thrusters with their air dynamic systems.

Potential for advanced technical application: The ability to concentrate a mech's booster to make getaways or initiate fights will be invaluable to the otherwise slower B and C class mechs.  The restrictive point of boost requirement will test the pilot's skills of positioning, and the enemy's skills of prediction. The upgraded 200% ramming damage rewards offensive use of the internal, but the fuel regen debuff and restriction of boosting post-use prevents the pilot from using the internal haphazardly. The 150% travel efficiency also awards defensive play of the internal, allowing pilots with superior map knowledge to jet out of sticky situations before they have the chance to arise, the internal is not automatically an "OH FUZZYBUNNY I'M GONNA GET CURB STOMPED TIME TO JET" button due to the restricted straight boost path, if you panic and use this to get out of dodge but get stuck into a wall, you're gonna be there until 50% of your converted fuel is used up giving attackers plenty of time to take advantage of your boost happy mech.

Number of slots: 3 (Would consider 4 if the internal didn't have as many self-imposed restrictions)

Edited by ecaflip, September 09 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#15 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:14 PM

Anyone suggest an internal that allows you to drop down from the air quickly_ Like a downward dodge.

#16 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 09 2013 - 07:35 PM

Internal: Sylhiri Device
Effect: Shift+S causes additional attitude thrusters to dodge downwards while in the air. Bonus crushing damage. Visible on radar for same amount of time as ground boosts(1 second_ 2 seconds_ not sure).

Edited by ReachH, September 09 2013 - 07:36 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#17 LU0P10

LU0P10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationHell - sinki

Posted September 09 2013 - 08:14 PM

Internal...

Suicide bomber (this is for me), kamikaze style:
Effect: mech will automatically detonate explosive charge at death... damage same as mech's base health. Radius twice as GL.
Slots: 2 slots damage 75% mech's base health, 3 slots 100% mech's base health, 4 slots 125% mech's base health.

Beware to kill this mech at close range...
This game is so addictive... increasing number of players are talking about should go to AA...

#18 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostLU0P10, on September 09 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Internal...

Effect: mech will automatically detonate explosive charge at death... damage same as mech's base health. Radius twice as GL.
Slots: 2 slots damage 75% mech's base health, 3 slots 100% mech's base health, 4 slots 125% mech's base health.

Sorry but it took a lot of us great lengths to get something like this removed already, lol.

#19 Luminescent

Luminescent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted September 09 2013 - 08:28 PM

I really hope they don't reintroduce this. Also those numbers are crazy high, a Brawler has something like 1k base hp, that would instagib any mech at full health with 125% base hp to damage.

#20 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted September 09 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostLU0P10, on September 09 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Internal...

/whap

Rewarding the player for dying is a silly mechanic.  And here I thought we were in love :(

I can't support this lifestyle you're promoting... I'm taking the kids and moving in with my mother.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users