HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dynamic Internals and the Promotion of Gameplay Depth

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 ArachII

ArachII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted September 20 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on September 19 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yes. We haven't actually talked about which internals currently should actually remain or at least be tweaked. I think we have a pretty good idea about which ones should completely go, but it may help to talk about those to.

I rather let people send every sugestion they have, good or awful, for now. With the recent uproar about certain internals, I think Adhesive have a pretty clear idea of what might be a bad idea... At least I hope so.

But hey, unless I did not saw it, there is no farming internals! They might be given as starter internals for newcomers until they reach some kind of objective like the brand new internals were before_ Maybe make them account wide_

Internal name: Rookie engine maintenance policy
-Increase earned Hawken Credit by 100%
-Effectiveness decreases by 10% per pilot level
Number of slot:3

Internal name: Rookie helmet
-Increase earned experience by 100%
Number of slot:2

Internal name: Rookie log journal
-Increase earned objective experience by 100%
Number of slot:1

I know the names are horrible, but none of them has a direct gameplay impact. With each having a different number of slots, the player can purchase any internal he wants and not worry about open slots.

Edited by ArachII, September 20 2013 - 04:33 PM.

"I rather die on my feet than live upon my knees" - Emiliano Zapata

#122 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted October 01 2013 - 10:53 PM

Someone was asking about a thread with gathered internal ideas. So I'm bumping this in case anyone else is looking for it. Would be nice if this was pinned though.

#123 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 02 2013 - 01:23 AM

Someone might just have been me.
Though it would be prudent to have a better structuring of the OP then, akin to the other pinned threads ;)
I'm not saying it's bad or anything!

Anyways, I'd like to suggest a few Internals as well:

Internal name: Stabilized Thrusters
Effect: Replaces all dodge moves with directional boost. +0.5 m/s boost and flight speed
It might be interesting to limit non-forward speed to 90%, but add +0.1 m/s for each level of suspensions.
Potential for advanced technical application: Boosting backwards probably has rather obvious benefits. A scout would probably boost faster sideways than forward. ;)
Number of slots: __

Internal name: Combat Capacitor
Effect: Repair Orbs replenish Items and Abilities instead of Health
Could be around 10 seconds off all items and the mech ability for ~150-200 hp.
Potential for advanced technical application: Stronger than recharge on kill, but requires you to gather the orb, and has a significant downside. Ironically, dropping an orb yourself would allow you to recharge your orb-drop ability.^^
Number of slots: 2

Internal name: Entropy Generator (No seriously, get a proper name for this)
Effect: Enemies you kill drop a larger charge.
Potential for advanced technical application: Stacks with repair orb internals, though you obviously need to collect the orb.
Number of slots: 1

Internal name: Engine Supercharger
Effect: +20% all Acceleration, +5% Boost Speed. All fuel Consumption raises heat.
Potential for advanced technical application: Really mostly a mobility enhancement with a slight drawback. Would notably raise air mobility, though. Hey, not every internal can be new and shiny, we need some boring stock stuff.
Number of slots: 2-3

Internal name: Ablative Composites
Effect: Regenerate (6/8/10) hp over two seconds after taking damage. Doesn't stack.
Potential for advanced technical application: Would barely dent the dps of a close range Vulcan user, and not do too much against bursts, either, but it'd do a very good job to shrug off the occasional stray bullet. For balance, it might be limited to above 50% hp. Because we really don't have internals that reward not being shot up.^^
Number of slots: 2/3/4 (leaning towards 6 for 2 or 8 for 3, 10 for 3 if limited by current health %)

As for the suggested boost while flying:
How about not keep flying, but just allow boosting, and reduce decent by 50%_
Could be 90% boost speed, +0.2 m/s per level of Air Dynamics, and cost boost cost +50% hover cost, or some such.
Using two slots would allow using it with air dodge and 180 (or fuel converter).

Edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG, October 02 2013 - 03:58 AM.

How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#124 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted October 02 2013 - 01:37 AM

Internal name:  Weighted pads
Effect: Doubles weight of your mech to increase fall speed while not using fuel
Potential for advanced technical application: allow mechs to feel less floaty while falling and to make jumping off things viable tactical choice (pairs nicely with no fall dmg internal)
Number of slots: 1
Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#125 InfiniteWin

InfiniteWin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted October 02 2013 - 03:12 AM

Item Name: Adhesive Meteors (heh)
Effect: Places 3 rocks on the ground like the EOC. If a mech comes in contact with the rocks, they clog up the huge rockets on the back stopping the use of dodging and boosting for a short while. The meteors have space residue decreasing heat generation and increasing weapon attack speed.
InfiniteWin, winning all day, every day

#126 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 02 2013 - 03:56 AM

Now, if this is now the "official" of sorts thread for Internal suggestions (let's be honest, none of it is happening anyways, but still), maybe it should then be moved to "Suggestions"_
Or should we make a new thread for that, since this one sort of started with a discussion, as a spin-off to the outcry about armour fusors_
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#127 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted October 02 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostUnDeaD_CyBorG, on October 02 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

Now, if this is now the "official" of sorts thread for Internal suggestions (let's be honest, none of it is happening anyways, but still), maybe it should then be moved to "Suggestions"_
Or should we make a new thread for that, since this one sort of started with a discussion, as a spin-off to the outcry about armour fusors_

Actually you'd be surprised. Xacius started this thread in response to how a number of us and himself felt about the "Kill streak" internals that replaced the old ones. This thread got so many responses and Ideas the devs started keeping an eye on it. There have even been request that some of the new internals come from this thread.... With some tweaking of course.

#128 solarflareTM

solarflareTM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted October 02 2013 - 01:12 PM

golden gun type internal at the middle of the map on top of a 3 level platform which enables you to have 5 one shot kills before its depleted.

Edited by solarflareTM, October 02 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users