HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Oceania + South Asia + North Asia players

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 martindaimari08

martindaimari08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted September 17 2013 - 01:02 AM

I play from India these are what i get:-

US-East (Virginia) 280 ms   
US-West (California) 287 ms   
US-West (Oregon)    297 ms   
Europe (Ireland)   178 ms   
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 78 ms   
Asia Pacific (Sydney)    336 ms   
Asia Pacific (Japan) 143 ms
South America (Brazil)   416 ms

Edited by martindaimari08, September 17 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#22 Iovvas

Iovvas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 06:22 AM

From Jakarta:

US-East (Virginia) 285 ms
US-West (California) 233 ms
US-West (Oregon) 233 ms
Europe (Ireland) 232 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 33 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 266 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 130 ms
South America (Brazil) 408 ms

After a particularly traumatic experience involving a party consisting of 6 top Japanese players, I think I'm sticking to South Asia for serious matches.

Although, based on my experiences, if you use indirect weapons (e.g. EOC, Helix, or Hellfire, but especially Hellfire) you can also get relatively competitive in a high-ping environment. So if you like using these weapons, you may find playing in high-ping servers (mine is about 250ms) not as frustrating as using TOWs or Sabots in those servers.

#23 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted September 17 2013 - 03:56 PM

Last night I (accidentally, but with great results!) started an Oceania game in an Asia South server, and we had an awesome night of very close games!

Lots of fun playing in Asia, shoutouts to WeiJun, newkah, and all the Oceania guys who showed up!

Our pings, on average were 150-170ms, noticeably better than USA. Unfortunately some aus players suffered from 280ms ping, props to Bulletfodder and Snacuum for battling it out!

To any Oceania players who come across this thread, playing in Asia South is well worth it when there's not so many of us online in the evenings.

#24 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted September 17 2013 - 05:12 PM

Unfortunately on the last two rounds it kept putting all the high-ping players on one team, which went about as well as you'd imagine. They really need to fix the auto-balancer.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#25 Quest

Quest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yea, I had a great time last night! Most competitive/balanced games I've had since the patch. I don't think we had any with problems people joining in due to pilot level differences which was a nice change. It's been a headache inviting people in the right order to keep the server level accessable to everyone.

Edited by Quest, September 17 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#26 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostSirCannonFodder, on September 17 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Unfortunately on the last two rounds it kept putting all the high-ping players on one team, which went about as well as you'd imagine. They really need to fix the auto-balancer.
It was a struggle against Weijun and the guys on <50 ping but by the gods we tried!! I think my ping was around 160-180- which is a hell of a lot better than recent US West for me on 300+ (typically 250ish). Course cant beat Oceania at about 60... :) ... at the mo however oceania servers seem bugged and wont let me start a game at all, boo

Edited by Krellus, September 17 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#27 newkah

newkah

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted September 17 2013 - 07:11 PM

Agreed, the auto-balance definitely still needs some work, or at the very least they need to bring the switch team button back.

I felt bad playing in a 5 players with <100 ms vs 4 players with >150ms match so I had to cut the last match short but you guys definitely didn't make it any easier.

I'm sure if tropt and miu were there last night, things would very well be tipped in your favor as they have relatively very good connection in South Asia.

Now if we can just get the insane North Asian players in there, it would be a total blast. They seem to be roaming the South Asia servers and leave a trail of destruction every now and then. :)

Edited by newkah, September 17 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#28 wen87n

wen87n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted September 18 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostGrogovich, on September 16 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hi Guys

Attached is a screenshot of quite a few Australians playing in South Asia. This started due to all Oceania servers being down / unable to join even though they were in the master list.

Note that Miu (76) I believe is from Malaysia. Bulletfodder (192), Juju (212), DarkMist (176) from Australia East Coast, and myself (472) in Perth (Australia West Coast).

For some reason my ping in South Asia is always > 450, which is worse than me playing in the US (~300), even though geographically I am the closest (note I retested this and this is the normal for me).

Some more stats for you guys :)
Hi Grog, miu is from perth like you ;)

Posted Image

#29 Grogovich

Grogovich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted September 18 2013 - 05:51 AM

View Postwen87n, on September 18 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

View PostGrogovich, on September 16 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Hi Guys

Attached is a screenshot of quite a few Australians playing in South Asia. This started due to all Oceania servers being down / unable to join even though they were in the master list.

Note that Miu (76) I believe is from Malaysia. Bulletfodder (192), Juju (212), DarkMist (176) from Australia East Coast, and myself (472) in Perth (Australia West Coast).

For some reason my ping in South Asia is always > 450, which is worse than me playing in the US (~300), even though geographically I am the closest (note I retested this and this is the normal for me).

Some more stats for you guys :)
Hi Grog, miu is from perth like you ;)

So if I remember correctly, in WA use IINet (Wen / Miu), and not Optus (me) as your internet carrier for better gaming.

Looks like I might change at the end of the current contract......

#30 roguewolves

roguewolves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 04:29 PM

If you are an AUS player add me as a friend - ROGUEWOLVES - or roguewolves - So I can invite you to a game and we can actually start playing in our own servers - they are always empty and I don't want to see them removed because of this - so if you're an Australian or asian player - start playing in OCEANIA or ASIAN servers - there is enough of us out there but we see an empty server and immediately go for the US servers.

#31 Steelguy

Steelguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 07:18 AM

Here are my cloud ping results US-East (Virginia) - 390 ms, US-West (California) - 385 ms, US-West - 412ms, Europe (Ireland) - 392 ms, Asia Pacific (Singapore) - 44 ms, Asia Pacific (Sydney) - 153 ms, Asia Pacific (Japan) - 3135 ms, South America (Brazil) - 413 ms
Yea USA servers make it hard to kill other players because of the major latency but that's where all the players are playing it seems. I'm from Malaysia.

Edited by Steelguy, September 27 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#32 Nione

Nione

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 27 2013 - 10:16 AM

Edit: I'm retarded.

Edited by Nione, September 27 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#33 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted October 01 2013 - 01:15 PM

According to CloudPing.info I should manage in Ocenia as well, but then again my actual in-game ping in Singapore (South Asia) is generally 100 ms not 87 :-/ Since Ascension my ping in Ireland (UK) went from ~220 to >300 and this shows it. :-/
From Sri Lanka, in case anyone misses the coordinates on the left :P

US-East (Virginia) 284 ms
US-West (California) 266 ms
US-West (Oregon) 285 ms
Europe (Ireland) 389 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore) 87 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 221 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 335 ms
South America (Brazil) 471 ms

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#34 Shogun60

Shogun60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted November 28 2013 - 11:37 PM

Region   Latency   
US-East (Virginia) 266 ms
US-West (California) 188 ms
US-West (Oregon)    203 ms
Europe (Ireland)   1109 ms
Asia Pacific (Singapore)   250 ms
Asia Pacific (Sydney) 47 ms
Asia Pacific (Japan) 766 ms
South America (Brazil) 390 ms

Damn some pings are horrible :(  Plus we are re-opening TAW's Oceanic Division if anyone's keen to help head up and join the new division just let me know or apply at taw.net :)

Cheers Shogun

Edited by Shogun60, November 28 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

Looking for an organised HAWKEN clan_ visit http://TAW.net

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users