HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

painting selling for 1.5M on ebay

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 07:46 PM

wow, you gotta be kidding me_   can an artist enlighten me about how great this piece is_..........

i know for a fact this piece is only worth about  20 bucks to me..  but how would the value go up into the 100s or 200s, or even higher.  

i dont know how abstracts get soo expensive.  /shrug

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a2b84832e

here are some abstract paintings (they are not mine)   how do you feel when you look at these_

by trying to be understanding and reasoning, this picture depicts chaos, how there's always a struggle, and in the end, there will only be turmoil, violence, and on-going war....  

Posted Image

this image depicts industrialization, pollution, and our advancement from the stone ages to what we are now...the entire picture is a human, but inside the human are the knowledge they are capable of attaining, such as science, art, philosophy, etc......

Posted Image

im just taking a blind shot in the dark.. so bear with me... this abstract, the feeling i get from it is that in the end, time is nothing, yet we are consumed by it.  we live by the clock and die by the clock.  wasting away in the desert, and when we die, we would still have regrets.   this reflects on the human curse, or the devolotion of human beings on a evolutionary scale.   you look at ducks, chickens, animals, and all of the other creatures in the world.  they don't worry about time.  they look for food, and when their full, they relax and enjoy their day, taking only what they need, and leaving the rest...

Posted Image

this painting, is just an expression that there are soo many different cultures, people, and things they do and we should all love eachother and embrace everyone.. like supporting same sex marraige, or being open to everything to understand what it means to be human being......   lol

Posted Image

Edited by angryhampster, September 19 2013 - 08:04 PM.

--[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#2 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 19 2013 - 07:48 PM

I.. i don't even have a joke to cover this..

Posted Image

#3 Funnykid22

Funnykid22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdevouring souls

Posted September 19 2013 - 07:51 PM

wow just wow. OK im bored so im going around the forums so what
Posted Image

#4 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 19 2013 - 07:59 PM

Something for rich people to spend some extra change they have lying around on to do stuff like this.
another of her paintings I believe.
Posted Image

I'd wouldn't pay more than $100 for either of these.

Edited by G4M5T3R, September 19 2013 - 08:01 PM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#5 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 19 2013 - 08:03 PM

So after a little bit of digging..

not worth the 1.5 million.

Everything I can find on the person keeps repeating the same 2 paragraphs.. which means she is up and coming if anything. Seems no one has any real information on her except her bio that keeps getting repeated. Plus she is alive.. so yeah.. not worth the 1.5 million.

#6 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 19 2013 - 09:41 PM

But I like how she rambles on how awesome she is in the item description. :-)
1.5M so I can tell my friends the author's other paintings were briefly shown in a movie Michael Bay produced...

Can't stop laughing. :D :D :D
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#7 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 09:58 PM

to anyone....does my explanations and feeilngs about the abstracts hit you in any way_>   do you feel that way too_  or am i just so off that i should just stop posting now.

lmao
Posted Image

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:02 PM

btw since the op edited his post.. The Dali painting is great to see in person. On my trip down to florida we had to stop at his gallery and look over it all. For someone such as myself, who doesn't know much about art, to really enjoy his work... says a lot. There is so much depth in each piece that you can easily miss it by looking over it too quickly.

I was really in awe and enjoyed my time looking over all his works. And I was dragged along to go see it.. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I was like.. who's Dali_ Some painter.. whatever.. at least the place will have AC. Then I was like.. whoa.. this guy is a nut... but in a good way.

#9 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 10:09 PM

what did you feel when you saw the pictures.  besides enjoying it, and the depth. can you go more into detail what you felt or feel when you see it.

if you describe what you feel when you see it, i'll give you a piece of candy.
Posted Image

#10 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:10 PM

The value of something is only what someone is willing to pay.... That being said, art is a very tricky thing. I am not really sure what determines how certain pieces get to be highly desirable, but it generally happens that when a famous art collector purchases a piece of art, that artist gets their name out. Then all of a sudden everyone wants to have a piece by that artist. The art world is mostly driven by hipsters and the wealthy with nothing better to do. Also prints shouldn't be as expensive as they are, but the artist needs to make money so they get sold for $70-$200.   It's a goofy business people get over it.

because bow ties are cool

#11 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

what did you feel when you saw the pictures.  besides enjoying it, and the depth. can you go more into detail what you felt or feel when you see it.

if you describe what you feel when you see it, i'll give you a piece of candy.

AAAAHHH HHAAA! You need answers for school. Well think again. I ain't doing your homework.

#12 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 10:17 PM

im no art major!!!

this isn't for school. this is purely off-topic talking about random topics...

like my cola thread.. i like all colors of the rainbow.

edit: can't people just share how they feel when they look at pictures__1  i share it!!      all i hear is ( in my past years), this is a really good wine, this is a good drawing, this is one of the best paintings, but why__  why is it_

Edited by angryhampster, September 19 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image

#13 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:19 PM

LIES!!!! You can't get me to talk! *bites into secret poison tooth*

#14 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 10:20 PM

do you think i can afford college right now!!! lol

tuition has jumped 250% from 8 years ago in my state.
Posted Image

#15 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:21 PM

Gurgle gurgle gurgle

#16 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

all i hear is ( in my past years), this is a really good wine, this is a good drawing, this is one of the best paintings, but why__  why is it_

We, as a society, have established a social hierarchy. Upper tiers of this hierarchy consist of people called "authorities".
Authorities define values and procedures for the lower parts of said hierarchy.
That's why a few crappy slashes of a drunken artist's brush have to be valued as a piece of art - because an authority said so.
And you better value what authorities tell you to value otherwise you are falling out of the social hierarchy system and that's a big massive no-no.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#17 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 10:35 PM

so if a wine made from piss was respected by the authorities, then, to not be cast out, i have to say it's the best wine ever!!!

T_T

then authorities will look at me, and laugh at me, because i actually drinked it, and they never had.
Posted Image

#18 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:37 PM

Have you ever heard about the experiment to take painings, made by a little kid or a chimpanzee, put them together in a vernissage and let the people see_ Even art critics attests the painters to be highly educated modern art performers and would pay horrendous amounts to the painings. I never get that "modern art thing"

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#19 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postdavek1979, on September 19 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

all i hear is ( in my past years), this is a really good wine, this is a good drawing, this is one of the best paintings, but why__  why is it_

We, as a society, have established a social hierarchy. Upper tiers of this hierarchy consist of people called "authorities".
Authorities define values and procedures for the lower parts of said hierarchy.
That's why a few crappy slashes of a drunken artist's brush have to be valued as a piece of art - because an authority said so.
And you better value what authorities tell you to value otherwise you are falling out of the social hierarchy system and that's a big massive no-no.

*raises from the dead* NNNNNNOoOOOOOOO! Down with the system. The authorities shall oppress us no longer! *goes back to being dead*

#20 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 10:38 PM

Anything goes, matey, anything...

http://en.wikipedia....tist's_Shit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users