HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

painting selling for 1.5M on ebay

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:10 PM

but in all seriousness.  im serious like i've always been serious..

that painting really struck down on me.  it told me a few things....  and if i shared it, you'd all call me crazy.

that drawing right there, shows my deepest heart, like an arrow pointing to the sun.  exactly how i perceive life, my current situations, my instability, my strenghths, and my weaknesses.  although my weaknesses are few and strengths are more........ i will move forward, and.....   just move forward....
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#42 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:11 PM

i can't even make a heroic quote or stance....... /sigh
Posted Image

#43 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:15 PM

Now this should serve as a warning for all those artist wannabes out there.

Look what a bunch of rectangles can do to you. Now imagine actually painting something. So take it easy on yourself and on the world and go play videogames.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#44 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:19 PM

i think...im going to go sleep now.

Posted Image

Edited by angryhampster, September 19 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image

#45 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:28 PM

oh look here.. if you think deep enough on this abstract, you will get the message i am trying to show you.......   look, focus, and think, and you'll see the bigger picture.

i was sopposed to sleep, but instead, i drew a dumb cyclops whale in the ocean eating krill....   it was sopposed to be 2 eyed whale, but the angle made killed it...

here it is people...

Posted Image

Edited by angryhampster, September 19 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

#46 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

.. if you think deep enough on this abstract, you will get the message i am trying to show you.......   look, focus, and think, and you'll see the bigger picture.

I see b o o b s. Lots of them.

Edited by davek1979, September 19 2013 - 11:31 PM.

"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#47 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:32 PM

yes, you see that. but there are 100 more. i'll leave the 99 for you to find, because if ur in the high class like me, you'll understand the deeper meaning
Posted Image

#48 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:34 PM

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

TELL ME WAT YOU FEEEEEEEL!!!!  MY VERY FIRST ABSTRACT....

Posted Image

I see death and how all is being a matter of   :blink:
and the "person" on the left side (the coloured one) seems to be a guardian angel

Weird, eh_

Edited by Countrygal, September 19 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#49 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:35 PM

you might also see Peter too..
Posted Image

#50 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:37 PM

I understand the symbol of b o o b s combined with rectangles as a clear sign sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond... into the soul of the others and see all the b o o b s and rectangles as a symbol that sex is inherently limiting and one should look beyond...

#51 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:39 PM

1 step closer.  you're doing it.    just 97 more to go.
Posted Image

#52 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:40 PM

You were supposed to be asleep.

#53 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:42 PM

im talking to you from the dead....

just like odin did to me.
Posted Image

#54 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted September 19 2013 - 11:48 PM

Odin never talked to me, but in my early teen years, when I was interested in witchcraft, Hekate sometimes did... :D

Hey, this "outing thing" is fun... why don´t we tell us our deepest secrets :lol:

Edited by Countrygal, September 19 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#55 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 19 2013 - 11:51 PM

im scared. =(  don't mention or say that name ever again... even though i never heard it before.  it just screams dark plagues and oblivionnnn...
Posted Image

#56 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 20 2013 - 04:55 AM

The thing with abstract art is, a lot of the nuances aren't apparent to the untrained eye.

It may seem pretentious, but think about it as if it were a different profession, or a different sort of thing.
When you look at a highly tuned race car engine, can you really see the differences between that and the one in your car_
If a piece of furniture is built without decoration, could you tell the extremely well built one from the averagely built one_
Can you really tell the difference a $20 bottle of wine and a $200 bottle_
What do you really know about the differences in different types of finance management_
What are the nuances of different types of theoretical physics_

Often a large part of abstract art is about what goes into the process of making these pieces, and not just the end result you see.
What looks like just a large yellow diamond on a canvas could be the result of hours, upon hours, upon hours of work and failed results. I mean, if you trying to print something like that by hand, do you have any idea how difficult it is to do something like that on a large scale without any imperfections_

Abstract art often requires that you be educated enough to understand at least the basics of what's going on. Is it about minimalism_ Color theory_ Which of Gestalt principles is being used_ What media is involved_ How much effort does it take to work in that medium_
Sure, abstract art can seem silly, but take a few design classes, learn a bit about color, figure out how difficult traditional printing methods can be, and all of a sudden it becomes vastly more interesting.

Another thing to keep in mind is, it's not just about the work itself, but the artist who created the piece. Who are they_
How were they trained_ Who are their idols_ What were they trying to accomplish with these pieces_ What's the theme of the show_ Did they create this as a standalone, or a series_

All that said, abstract art does get it's fair share of pretenders. Because the art form can be so obtuse and subjective, it becomes easy to trick the ignorant. Unfortunately, a few of you in this thread have been showing the exact sort of ignorance I'm talking about.
It's actually rather uncomfortable to watch. It's kind of like watching an extremely drunk person stumble around and loudly give their expert opinion on whatever conversation they happen upon. It's one part funny, with a large dash of "please stop talking you so obviously don't understand what you're talking about".

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#57 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on September 20 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

*whatever*

Unfortunately, a few of you in this thread have been showing the exact sort of ignorance I'm talking about.
It's actually rather uncomfortable to watch. It's kind of like watching an extremely drunk person stumble around and loudly give their expert opinion on whatever conversation they happen upon. It's one part funny, with a large dash of "please stop talking you so obviously don't understand what you're talking about".

I haven't seen anyone in this thread pretending to be an expert on art. We are having a sort of loose conversation. Your ego probably didn't detect that fact, not the first time as well.
We, humble mortals tend from time to time to discuss things we don't completely understand nor do we intend to spend time to understand, simply because they form roughly 0.001% of topics we deal with in life and this thread is just one of the many we visit. Unlike you of course, who spent his entire life in pursuit of every and all knowledge and overall superiority over humanity.
It might be hard for you to understand this, as over there on the Olympus of human race the voices of us commoners are like the buzzing of a fly. Please, stay there, don't make contact with us, we are alright without you.

#58 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 20 2013 - 07:26 AM

Unsurprisingly someone ends up taking it extremely personally...

FYI, it's not a bad thing to be ignorant.
It's a fact of life that you'll be ignorant about something or other.

But when you start mocking something you don't understand_ That's when things get messy.
And it's not that I'm offended by it either. I get it. Abstract art is bizarre, and holy **** can it be obtuse. I spend my days and nights studying this stuff, and even I sometimes just sit there and think "WTF is this ****_ What the Hell am I supposed to be looking at_"

A few of you (at this point, and from here on, I'm using the generic "you"), have been mocking something you clearly don't understand.
And seeing those people go on for a couple pages now is incredibly embarrassing.

You ever have to help out a person who doesn't understand technology very well_ Like having to help someone figure out how to use basic computer functions, or set a DVR (or VCR for you older people) or anything like that_ And did you, on some level, feel somewhat embarrassed or feel pity because the other person's lack of knowledge_

Or a better analogy, since we're all gamers here...
Have you ever seen someone make fun of videogames or gamers, when the most they've every played is Angry Birds on their iPhone_
And you know how you feel that you can't possibly take what they say seriously, because they just don't understand at all_

That's what reading this thread has been like for me.

You don't have to be an expert, just a basic, entry-level knowledge of art (the sort of knowledge you could get from spending a half-hour or so on Wikipedia) to see how face-palmingly silly some of the things people have said are. I am embarrassed for you, because some of the things being said come across as being really, really stupid. Which is even more embarrassing because I know you people aren't stupid.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#59 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 20 2013 - 10:05 AM

AJK, can you interpret my abstracts_   what do you see from it_
Posted Image

#60 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 20 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postangryhampster, on September 20 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

AJK, can you interpret my abstracts_   what do you see from it_
http://prezi.com/h_x...a-presentation/

AJK is right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users