HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

painting selling for 1.5M on ebay

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Seburo_

Seburo_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationUS West Coast RMT

Posted September 21 2013 - 03:08 AM

Art is such a subjective thing to me, interpreting meaning out of something abstract in art is kind of similar to trying to describe why a good hard cider sometimes makes me think of autumn. Art itself is kind of like that to me, the more you invest in it the more you can derive from it whatever form that might take. Pricing art is always something that confused me, I used to sketch for a hobby a good number of years but thinking of charging for something of mine tends to make me even more self deprecating,whether it was warranted or not is another thing. But on the subject,
why would someone pay that much for a print_ I guess it could be any number of reasons, all I can guess is the price was based on what the person thought they had invested, whether it be the training they received, perceived self worth, actual time spent working or all the above or more. Again its subjective, if a famous person in an art circle thought highly of my work and I grew a name for myself I could still sell my art for a dollar if I wanted to. I don't know that's just how I see it.
Losing his grip on reality..._
I have seen it estimated...somewhere between death and birth.
That there are now 3 thousand million people living on this earth.
And the stockpiled mass destruction of the nuclear powers that be.
Equals for each man or woman 20 tons of TNT.

#62 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 21 2013 - 03:36 AM

View Postangryhampster, on September 19 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

wow, you gotta be kidding me_   can an artist enlighten me about how great this piece is_..........

i know for a fact this piece is only worth about  20 bucks to me..  but how would the value go up into the 100s or 200s, or even higher.  

i dont know how abstracts get soo expensive.  /shrug

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a2b84832e

here are some abstract paintings (they are not mine)   how do you feel when you look at these_

by trying to be understanding and reasoning, this picture depicts chaos, how there's always a struggle, and in the end, there will only be turmoil, violence, and on-going war....  

Posted Image
Through the Chaos and all you can see figures, some hidden, some clear but they are there, and they are stelling a story. Some paiting gains their value for the pure visualisations, some for the force they have (mona lisa with her eyes pulling you for example) and others purely for what they hold behind the painting.

You need to understand that art is not only about what you see but about what you feel when you look at the paintings, this one brings emotions through the chaos and contrast. (but that does not mean I would pay a penny for this).

this image depicts industrialization, pollution, and our advancement from the stone ages to what we are now...the entire picture is a human, but inside the human are the knowledge they are capable of attaining, such as science, art, philosophy, etc......

Posted Image

I have no idea what a person liks in this. This is Kubism, a special method (this paiting looks like one from George Bracke [1882-1963], although ould be a total fake). THIS, for being from 1900;s was special in that time, then you could say this was real art. Nowadays there are only imposters and people trying to understand - and replicate without knowing anything about it. Then making this you were ahead of your tim, now making this you are not being original.

Through the history of art there have been many changes to art, the value of precision has left and then returned, they then started making things with dots, or startes making a painting of something like a building but instead of the building, they painted the feeling they got from watching the building. Many sorts, all have their "value", but that does not mean YOU have to like it. (although art is overrated imo).

im just taking a blind shot in the dark.. so bear with me... this abstract, the feeling i get from it is that in the end, time is nothing, yet we are consumed by it.  we live by the clock and die by the clock.  wasting away in the desert, and when we die, we would still have regrets.   this reflects on the human curse, or the devolotion of human beings on a evolutionary scale.   you look at ducks, chickens, animals, and all of the other creatures in the world.  they don't worry about time.  they look for food, and when their full, they relax and enjoy their day, taking only what they need, and leaving the rest...

Posted Image
"The persistence of memory"

Ah the beautifull  painting from Salvador Dali.. This surealistic painting (not abstact!!!) has enourmous value of constrast, emotion and balance in it. His paintings always look like a picture (he lived 1904-1989) and were beautifully painted.

this painting, is just an expression that there are soo many different cultures, people, and things they do and we should all love eachother and embrace everyone.. like supporting same sex marraige, or being open to everything to understand what it means to be human being......   lol

Posted Image

You can view art (like this) as many different things, and you can have multiple explinations for it. These are alll circles, so they are all the same - but by colouring them you make them unique but yet the same.

I know it's fuzzy bunny but that's how the world works. My personal view for "abstrac Art" has left my counciousness at the time I stopped wearing a diaper, hell I could make this!

If you make something and call it art - noones gives a fuzzy bunny.
If an artist who has already got awknowledgement for his art calls it art - it is art.

:l _

Edited by Starrphy, September 21 2013 - 03:46 AM.

Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#63 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted September 21 2013 - 05:27 AM

someone bought a brown piece of paper with some marker scribbles on it from kids for over 600 euro

#64 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted September 21 2013 - 09:20 AM

wow, you gotta be kidding me_   can an artist enlighten me about how great this piece is_..........
You don't pay 1.5M because its great. It becomes great because you pay 1.5M for it.
Its defining yourself, by defining the value of objects, that define you. Pretty much what happens in hawken or any other comparable game.

#65 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 21 2013 - 06:40 PM

that opens up a new perspective f_error.

anyways, since i'm bored, and don't want to deal with Hawken servers atm, im gonna give my 2 cents on every abstract that I like.......  

Posted Image

i have no art training whatever... so read on if you dare.....the warning has been given...
this image makes me feel like we are all connected to all the animals in this world, and that there's a strong relationship with them if we allow it.   one species cannot live without the other.  we are all bound in the same circle of fate.. and if one were to be removed, we would all dissapear with it.    i feel a bit of sadness, yet a warm feeling because we are all one...  even to ants, they help us.    it's a happy warm feeling.....that we're not alone....and if there are struggles, we'll all make it together.....      
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#66 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 21 2013 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

this image, makes me feel a little sad.  it shows the disorientation and roles that women in general have to play.   they have to be strong willed, independent, and so many other things.    they have to fit a certain design to fit in,and if they don't, they will be sad..   things *like shoes, clothes, and makeup...    a man can wear the same type of clothes often, and no one bats an eye, but females have to always renew themselves everyday with a new or different style...

im no woman... but i know that being a woman in America is tough.   leaving them sometimes fragmented, and never complete, and never finding satisfaction despite how far they have gone.....
Posted Image

#67 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 21 2013 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

this picture...  being spaced out and looking at the whole picture,  i feel like each certain parts represents the many demons that i go through...  they are always waiting and fighting to surface, and when they do surface, it's not pretty.

demons can be a sign of depression, anxiety, unrelenting blind courage, confidence...  sort of like being an agnostic, but willing to accept and learn all the religions in the world......  

this picture is overall, a stressful one for me.....   it's making me angrier the more i look at it...
Posted Image

#68 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 21 2013 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

this is a beautiful piece...  as stephen hawkings said... when you are feeling down, look to the stars and not at ur feet, and realize how small and insignificant you are.

based on the infinite size of the universe, there are many multi universes of YOU...   you could be a millionaire, a drug addict on that world, but the main thing to know is that, when you feel low, just look to the stars, and it will give you the strength to move forward and proudly, acknowledging that you are only a piece of sand on a beach, and ur doings are rather insignificant, so just enjoy the limited years you have and be happy while trying to learn more about our beautiful world....
Posted Image

#69 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 21 2013 - 10:11 PM

does anyone find my explanations interesting__!_!

T_T
Posted Image

#70 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 21 2013 - 10:24 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1.5 mil pricing on that print is more of a publicity stunt than anything.
It does draw attention to that person, if nothing else.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#71 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 23 2013 - 11:16 PM

this is my favorite art piece of today.. from cinemasss

Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 25 2013 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image

this painting to me, stresses out the value of reading books.  food for thought. vast limitless information at our fingers, yet we abuse it and leave it on the shelves.  it was these that helped us progress as a species.   it was these that keep the world going.   it was these that shaped millions of people.   it is these, that one day, we will live on mars, and harvest resources there.... and eat martian food....

i might read a book in the future

Edited by angryhampster, September 25 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#73 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 25 2013 - 09:44 AM

ahhh yes this one.

Posted Image

with this, i imagine a couple that are barely aquainted with eachother.  but because they love eachother, they will take the risk and keep walking forward into the unknown, hopeful that one day, it will take them to better places.  as the lights help them see, they believe they just might make it, and so far, it's been very beautiful and kind so far...
Posted Image

#74 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 25 2013 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

this one reminds me of the northern lights.   although just paint on a piece of canvas or whatever it is, it's almost the same feeling as *looking at the northern lights.  

just one of those "awe" moments when i look at this.
Posted Image

#75 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted September 25 2013 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

now this one....  can't explain what i feel, but i can hear a quote.

"through this fiery chaos and brimstone, good things will always sprout somewhere.  it may be small, but to notice it will be all the difference in the world".

....i think im done posting in this art thread for today..... lol
Posted Image

#76 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted October 21 2013 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

this piece demands respect. he's only been drawing for 2 years, self taught.

his name is Zooc, you can find him on utube

Edited by angryhampster, October 21 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image

#77 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted October 23 2013 - 05:58 AM

Posted Image  Sold for 1.6 million I guess its what ever you want to spend your money on. Or think is important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users