HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Honest Al's Sidegrade Emporium.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 01 2013 - 10:25 AM

Come on down to Honest Al's! We got all yer horizontal progression and side grade needs! Just trade one Penalty Point for each Positive Point, and yer mech'll be runnin' juts the way ya want it to. We'll even give ya yer first ten Positive Points for free!

*ahem*

I have an idea for a redesign of the tuning system to make it into a more horizontal customization system.

You have 30 tuning points that you earn as you level up. The first 10 are positive points, and the next 20 are penalty points. For each penalty point you apply to your mech, you gain an additional positive point. So you can still improve your mech's performance, but if you want to gain the maximum upgrade, you have to make some tradeoffs.

Penalty points would go in a "mirror" of the positive tuning categories. Whatever categories a mech can upgrade, can also be downgraded. If you put any points into upgrading a category, you cannot put any into downgrading it, and vice versa.

If having each penalty point take away as much as each positive point gains ends up being too much of a tradeoff, then having each penalty point only count for 2/3 or 1/2 of the effect may work.

It may not be perfect, but it seems like it should be better than the current pure upgrade system.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#2 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted October 01 2013 - 10:36 AM

That's pretty much what I was expecting the tuning system to be when it was first announced.

#3 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 01 2013 - 10:56 AM

That would be nice.
My brawler is so losing ten points of fuel, :P
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#4 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted October 01 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostLucier, on October 01 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

That's pretty much what I was expecting the tuning system to be when it was first announced.
That's pretty much what everyone asked for too.  Tuning certainly lets you customize your playstyle, but doing so without vertical progression would've been preferred.  I blame the MMO crowd and their increasing numbers fetish.

#5 UnDeaD_CyBorG

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted October 01 2013 - 01:21 PM

Maybe at least make it a sort of league_
How about a Snowflake Holo Emote_

If an enemy fires on me, intent to take my life, I can fight back, or I can turn and flee.
But if a "friendly" tech comes by, intent to take my dignity, I can do nothing.

#6 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted October 27 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yes. How did I miss this thread_

I'd take it a step further and say that you don't get any extra points. You need to take out of one tuning option to put it in somewhere else. Set a max of something like 10 to how much you can shift a tuning into the positive. The higher your pilot level the more points you can move around.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users