HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

VOIP/Voice Chat Issues

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 13 2013 - 11:59 AM

Apparently it's a bug, not a support issue, so here, posting it in the proper forum.

I have posted in several posts made about the same thing, and created a post before and got no response, so I will try again.  For the last few weeks (since patch drop), my VOIP has stopped working.  I can get my mic to transmit when I first start the game, using the audio settings to test connection, but as soon as I join a game, there is a 98% chance my voice chat stops working completely.  Can't hear anyone, and nobody can hear me.  True that there is many a scrub that refuses to (or is unable to) use voice, but there are many of use that know it's value.  Hawken is the only game I have this issue with.  I have tried complete removal and a clean install, and it worked for the first game, but then went back to the same problem on match 2.

The only thing I can think of, is that perhaps Hawken is having trouble with my external sound card.  If anyone else with this issue also has an external, or non integrated internal sound card I would welcome your input.  And just in case anyone wants to know, or think it is important, this is my sound card. http://www.canadacom...&item_id=034485

Nothing Fancy, but I got it when my I had my old system, with only 2.1 channels.  Yes, my new mobo has 7.1 digital in/out, but I would still like to use my card if at all possible.

And please people, I don't need a thousand of you upping your counts by posting you have the same issue. Hawken and Meteor are aware that many of us have the same issue.
Posted Image

#2 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 14 2013 - 08:55 AM

*bump*
Posted Image

#3 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 15 2013 - 08:37 AM

And this is the response I get from the Hawken Support team:

Lexx Alcocer (HAWKEN Support)
Oct 14 16:51 (PDT)
Hey Martock,
Thanks for replying to our note with your Dxdiag. Have you tried updating your sound device_ We are currently not experiencing any issues with VOIP.
We hope to see you in a match soon,
Lexx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clearly as a computer technician, I have never thought about updating my drivers. Wow, who would have though...oh wait, never mind, that's a BS answer.  Of course you are experiencing VOIP issues.  Now I am calling out every player who is having problems with the VOIP/Voice Chat.  Post here, let it be known more, and more, so I can continue to call out BS on the support team.

Check my drivers. What a hoot.  Why not ask me if I turned my machine off, then on, wiggled the cord, or blew in the fuzzy bunny cartridge. FFS....

Edited by Martock, October 15 2013 - 10:06 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 16 2013 - 09:21 AM

*bump*
Posted Image

#5 7ucky

7ucky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted October 16 2013 - 10:08 AM

Just want to chime in here and say that I've also experienced issues with the sound where I seem to be connected through voice to another person's game/server and the teammates in my server can't hear me. Just yesterday, too, some friends of mine where having issues with no voice at all.

I don't run an external card and have all drivers up to date, not sure what my friends were running.
[something should go here]

#6 tkhoo

tkhoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 17 2013 - 01:11 AM

View Post7ucky, on October 16 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Just want to chime in here and say that I've also experienced issues with the sound where I seem to be connected through voice to another person's game/server and the teammates in my server can't hear me. Just yesterday, too, some friends of mine where having issues with no voice at all.

I don't run an external card and have all drivers up to date, not sure what my friends were running.

But u can use normal server like MyTeamVoice!
It works good! It hasnt echos, noises etc.
It has rank in game - so u can put for every gamer!

#7 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 17 2013 - 02:40 PM

Using an external program defeats thepurpose. I could use my ventrilo server if I wanted to, but I would have to give eveyone I play with the info, and get them to log in to every game. No, there is an in game voice chat function for a reason, and It's broken.   So many players have this issue, but for whatever reaosn will not take 2 seconds to ring and and say that they do on the forums.
Posted Image

#8 Dreadess

Dreadess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationIn your dreams

Posted October 18 2013 - 01:22 AM

I can count on one hand the number of times VOIP has worked for me since patch. And when 98% of my friends list has had the same problem, it definitely is a problem on Hawken's end. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I find it laughable that support is trying to say its the players' equipment that is to blame. So are they now telling me that when VOIP works for me in EVERY OTHER GAME but not Hawken that its still on my end_ It also worked 99.9% of the time in Hawken before Ascension.

Edited by Dreadess, October 18 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#9 speedgirl

speedgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 18 2013 - 01:31 AM

There is an issue with voice and so in other games I've played. Don't stress it over guys.

#10 Dreadess

Dreadess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationIn your dreams

Posted October 18 2013 - 01:41 AM

Its a pretty big issue when all of the game modes, excluding DM, calls for some sort of team play. I have not personally seen any answer from the DEVS on this issue and like I said, no I'm not having this problem in other games. I don't stress over anything in Hawken but between constant balance issues (which they have been working on and admitted having problems with) and the ongoing VOIP issues its made Hawken frustrating for me.

On another note, almost everyone on my friends list uses mics. Having to try and organize between three different TS servers is annoying and should be unnecessary when a game claims to offer VOIP.

#11 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 19 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postspeedgirl, on October 18 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

There is an issue with voice and so in other games I've played. Don't stress it over guys.

Voice chat is a huge boon in Hawken.  Being able to easilly communicate with your team mates allows for more precise and complex attacks, and better defense strats. This is a far bigger issue, and in my opinion merits more attention than a new mech release, or map.  As Dreadess said, Hawken support shuold not be trying to play it off as players hardware, if they are experiencing no other issues with their VOIP in any other game/program.  I have dozens of friends who refuse to play anymore because of this one major bug.

So yes, I ask if ANY other player has VOIP/Voice Chat issues, to please post here. Let us be heard, and let the Hawken staff get a fix out to us.
Posted Image

#12 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted October 19 2013 - 11:31 PM

They dropped the ball in Ascension.

Since Ascension the servers and the voip have moved to different "carriers". I'm sure this plays a huge part of it.

It is a team based game. Since ascension, we can't seem to do team based things unless it creates a disadvantage; like typing your message to fellow players. Now you are a sitting duck while you type.

Using VOIP means no wait communication on the fly. They need to get it working. FAST!
We know they can do it. It worked before.
This being the case... Why don't they want us communicating_

Instead of a team based game it is more of a PUG game. Especially when you take the most critical element of communication out of the game. COMMUNICATION!

#13 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 20 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 19 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

"It is a team based game. Since ascension, we can't seem to do team based things unless it creates a disadvantage; like typing your message to fellow players. Now you are a sitting duck while you type.

Using VOIP means no wait communication on the fly. They need to get it working. FAST!
..."

"...Instead of a team based game it is more of a PUG game. Especially when you take the most critical element of communication out of the game. COMMUNICATION!"

Exactly the point the devs should be made aware of.
Posted Image

#14 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 21 2013 - 10:50 AM

guys, please stop trying to post really crappy voice chat service providers in my thread. The only two acceptable programs for this sort of thing are teamspeak in Ventrilo with Ventrilo being the clear winner. my point is is that using external programs defeats the purpose of having an in game VoIP.and even know I have dozens of people on my friends list, I still generally enter games and play solo. I don't join parties or groups. so please, please, please, stop trying to push your crappy voice programs through my thread.
Posted Image

#15 Giar3579

Giar3579

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationArmenia

Posted October 21 2013 - 09:31 PM

Yeah...The same issue here....I hope they fix this soon...
Posted Image
Keep it up and never give up

#16 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 25 2013 - 07:56 PM

*Bump* Has anyone found a fix for this yet_
Posted Image

#17 Dreadess

Dreadess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationIn your dreams

Posted October 26 2013 - 12:10 AM

No. I have done everything humanly possible. Still no fix.

#18 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted October 28 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Posttkhoo, on October 28 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

So anyone tried to use MyTeamVoice_)
You were warned. Thats the fourth time you have tried to peddle  your third party software on my thread, so I am reporting your actions to the forum mods.
Posted Image

#19 Martock

Martock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted November 01 2013 - 01:22 AM

*Bump*
Still an issue.
Posted Image

#20 neo0031

neo0031

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 01 2013 - 06:08 AM

Bump.

My friend's USB headset ain't working in game, same as my analog ones. And yes, they work fine in all other programs.
Voice chat spamming you in UK servers whenever I get the chance...

...Nicely and politely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users