HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hellfire OP_

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellfire Missiles (134 member(s) have cast votes)

Hellfire OP or not_

1. Yes (41 votes [30.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.60%

2. No (93 votes [69.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on February 15 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

The move you´re describing with the scout explains  why you die a lot against hellfires. the only advantage that hellfires has, is the lock on, otherwise the lower damage, the lockon load time, the reduced seeking and how easy you can use enviroment cover to avoid them (and trusth me, is EASY), is a huge handicap against this weapon, Sadly a lot of players move around the maps like walking on the beach, just like if the armor was the same than the previous version, and play happy in the middle of the map, feeling invincible, no my friend, those times just ended, now you have to play thinking in all the other mechs and their respective hability/weapon, (this including SS, Reaper, etc), and learn to fight back, take use of the ADVANTAGES of YOUR mech, instead of think in the supposed overpower of the other Mech, and lern to move over the map, otherwise, that´s one way ticket to die, and of course, a trip to the forum to complain about a weapon that has been constantly nerfed over and over. BTW,  I use Grenadier mostly, so, no hellfire lover here, but someone who is rarelly  killed by one.

Am I to assume that you were talking to me_

I didn't say that I die to HF very often. As I explained my post above I would retreat if I took to much damage. I just find them so annoying, along with the Bruiser.

What I said and the way I said it were said like that for simplicities sake. :) I do not play that bad. ;)

#22 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 04:24 AM

My main complaint is not that it's op but it doesn't require you to aim at the opponent. They should redesign it in my opinion

#23 LEmental

LEmental

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted February 16 2014 - 04:30 AM

I think hellfire need to be redesigned.  They are too dominating on certain maps and too weak on others.

Posted Image

#24 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostLEmental, on February 16 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

I think hellfire need to be redesigned.  They are too dominating on certain maps and too weak on others.

lastly I heard that means they are "niche" weapon :P
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#25 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:39 AM

Shouldn't be able to maintain a lock when the target is out of your FOV. Also hellfires shouldn't be able to maintain lock after they pass the intended target.

#26 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 09:16 AM

Personally, I only tend to feel that the Hellfires are overpowered when I'm on the poorly designed maps that are too open.  I think it's more of a map design issue than a weapon design issue.

Posted Image

#27 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostDinre, on February 18 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Personally, I only tend to feel that the Hellfires are overpowered when I'm on the poorly designed maps that are too open.  I think it's more of a map design issue than a weapon design issue.

actually I'm not feeling their "op-ness" even there (last heard those maps are bazaar and bunker) but I'm not playing rocketeer so maybe that's why :P

btw but In those maps I feel all the drawbacks of being clos combat focused mech :)
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#28 _Flyght

_Flyght

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:48 AM

Reaper OP.

#29 SFC_Rock

SFC_Rock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 12:02 PM

Great... another "OP PLEASE NERF" poll. The Hellfires damage is fine they way it is, its just too easy to use right now. A 3 or 4 second lock on time would be a reasonable change over a 1 and a half second lock on time to promote more dumb firing with the missiles. Personally I dumb fire them too much to keep people hiding behind cover as I approach with the Vulcan, works like a charm. :P

#30 hawken00

hawken00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostDinre, on February 18 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

And I think those maps would be balanced if the hellfire missiles weren't so poorly designed :P

#31 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted February 19 2014 - 01:57 PM

It's easy to avoid hellfires imo. If you know your opponent is using hellfires the dumbest thing to do is stay out in the open. This kind of posts are most often made by ppl who do the dumbest thing when their opponent is using hellfires.

#32 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostChocksa, on February 19 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

It's easy to avoid hellfires imo. If you know your opponent is using hellfires the dumbest thing to do is stay out in the open. This kind of posts are most often made by ppl who do the dumbest thing when their opponent is using hellfires.

I think this is why we complain about the open maps that don't allow you to avoid the hellfires, yes_

Posted Image

#33 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 03:23 PM

My stance on the Hellfires and Heat are unchanged. Both the Hellfires and Heat are to strong.

#34 USM999

USM999

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted April 02 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostChocksa, on February 19 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Thank you! Your mech literally warns you when you are being locked on and when they are fired. I made a post in the suggestions to improve the hellfire. It's pratically a rocket shotgun more than anything. It makes me regret ever buying the Mercenary Bundle.

Posted Image

#35 kanamisan

kanamisan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:23 PM

from my experance playign my brawler the other day, which as people know is a very slow and fat mech. hellfires can be dodged, all you have to do is put something hard between you and the hellfires, it could be a wall, or a hostile mech, its all up to you, but if a scrub like me can dodge them in a fat mech, I believe you should not have any problems.

#36 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 09 2014 - 06:08 AM

HFs aren't OP right now.
The Rocketeer is -as well as the Incinerator- a little bit OP though, IMHO. The Incinerator's SHAARE isn't slightly OP but non-so-slightly OP; so to speak.. :) Hope they fix both mechs soon so we have one supa-cool well balanced full garage in the game. The Scout... well.. still I do have little second thoughts about the Scottie.. but this deserves its own refreshed thread at this point, IMHO.

The_Silencer out.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#37 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted June 13 2014 - 03:12 PM

They aren't OP, but some tweaks would be a good idea:
  • Don't lock on to invisible enemies. (Obvious, right_)
  • Use variable audio tones so the victim can hear the progress and range of the missiles. This information is required for people to skillfully dodge. (As opposed to lucky and or unreliable dodging.

Edited by Terr_, June 13 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#38 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 21 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostTerr_, on June 13 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

They aren't OP, but some tweaks would be a good idea:
  • Don't lock on to invisible enemies. (Obvious, right_)

True and I concur.

Locking on to invisible enemy mechs for free isn't fair. Maybe, maybe, if it were at close - or close- & short_medium - range only. But with no limits isn't fair play, to be honest.

Ps. BTW, the same with the portable scanner, it should "reveal" invisible enemies in the short-mid distance as well. The later just an idea though.. which isn't terrible at all, IMHO.

View PostTerr_, on June 13 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

• Use variable audio tones so the victim can hear the progress and range of the missiles. This information is required for people to skillfully dodge. (As opposed to lucky and or unreliable dodging.

Not required, IMHO. Nor from a gameplay nor from a production stand point. And this could negatively impact balancing for this weapon as well.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#39 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 21 2014 - 02:28 PM

Hellfires aren't OP, though I see them as annoying to fight against and boring to use.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#40 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

Hellfire isnt much of a threat.  If you go chasing a B frame alone in a damaged A frame paper weight .. well...lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users