HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Would you buy more if everything was a dollar_

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy more if everything was a dollar_ (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy more if every was a dollar_

1. Yes (34 votes [77.27%])

Percentage of vote: 77.27%

2. No (10 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 30 2014 - 08:34 PM

Paying the technical debt will fix VOIP for sure, also chat system problems too for sure. It also will make any other already introduced content easier to improve, and help take care of the bugs that already exist in it. Moreover, it will make developing new content a much smoother process, but it might just take a little bit more time.

The technical debt is mostly just an accumulation of the consequences of doing stuff the easy (cheap_) way. And that doesn't take anything away from the skill and the knowledge of the developers, as a big number of programs (and games) will some day reach the point where a technical debt must be paid. So it's not the devs' fault. I just think they are doing the right thing. I also blame it on the players, me included. Because we ask for content and whine about everything non-stop, which pushed this small group of developers to do things in a quick -but not totally sound- ways.

But I am so happy that they're putting their whole effort on that task, and the people who want content and understand nothing else are invited to understand what a technical debt it, and how important paying it is to the development cycle.

Posted Image

#22 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 10:20 PM

Technical debt has almost turned to technical bankruptcy.

437 players on right now. It used to be 1000+.

If the next patch doesn't get it right the game is done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users