HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HellFire's Unused Potential

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 09 2013 - 03:48 PM

that is correct if in a regular basis you saw one rocketeer for every two games!!! As it is you see like 2-3 per game because like "cough cough" s-c---o--u-t cough" one can exploit the lack of skill while others trying to compete a little can't because by some miracle a couple of rockets bended a wall. And don't forget seeker....its more OP than the HF
Playing it while it is fun...

#22 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 09 2013 - 04:40 PM

That's an interesting idea; I have always advocated for a multi tiered locking system (for only one target though):

Fast lock (faster than now) has a large missile spread
Medium lock ( a little later than fast lock) has a smaller missile cluster
Long lock (a little longer than the medium lock) has the tightest missile cluster

The change in behavior/splash density offers some ingame choices while firing the weapon; gives a better CQC option, and differentiates between "HF spamming" and actually trying to use the weapon with some input. The fastest lock, while being the fastest, has the opporunity to splash multiple mechs and work better in cqc, but the missile spread will reduce its single point damage by hitting terrain or anything but the main target. The tightest cluster on the longest lock serves to reward well positioned and patient players with some real punishing rewards.

I'm not married to the specifics, just the idea of a tiered locking system that provides gameplay choices and a way to express your skill in a way that the current ones do not.

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#23 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted December 09 2013 - 04:57 PM

Cruzxavier, on December 09 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Honestly the hellfires could be just the way they are right now...if something needs changing is the seeker!! Look in the game site the characteristics of the seeker....full effective range_ look at the sniper rifles.....like 75% S.A. Hawkins ok....90% Slug Rifle___ What_ a sniper rifle don't have range...mhm...over a rocket_...mhm....

Ok it has quite a heat generation....but look at the fire rate!!!

But new players need better experience...agreed. Maybe limiting the rocketeer as it his to low level players_ How about that for balance issues_ Oh...shew...forget i said that

The seeker is a beastie!
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#24 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted December 09 2013 - 07:51 PM

I have suggested a couple different multi-lock modes for Hellfires before as well.

One idea would be to make it so that the longer you hold the lock button, the more of your missiles track. So you can tap lock and fire right away, but only a couple of your missiles will track, while the rest fly straight. But if you hold the lock on target for the full ~2 seconds, then all your missiles will track the target. This could also be made into a multi-lock function by making it so that moving the crosshairs over more targets during the lock on process would lock missiles onto them as well.

Or make it so that you can lock up to five target at once by hitting lock on each of them individually. For each lock, the missile volley would split evenly between them. So with one lock, all ten missiles would track that one target, for two targets, five missiles would track each target, etc.

Either way, this would increase the lock on time and skill requirement for the Hellfires. And it would also make them more interesting to use, and to fight against.

ShadowWarg, on December 09 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

No, incoming only appears after the missiles are fired. Would be nice if you were warned when people had a lock on you rather than AFTER they fire though.

This is why with the longer lock on that comes with my suggestion, there should also be a [LOCKED] warning before the [INCOMING] warning.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#25 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 10 2013 - 01:35 AM

comic_sans, on December 09 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

What_ I've had an overheated rocketeer stare me in the face and just lock and lock and lock and lock tryin to psyche me out.
That shouldn't be possible. You can't use the lock on when your mech is overheated or emp'ed

Teljaxx, on December 09 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

This is why with the longer lock on that comes with my suggestion, there should also be a [LOCKED] warning before the [INCOMING] warning.
That's something that the hellfire should have regardless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users