HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update: Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted December 13 2013 - 11:28 AM

I....am so happy.

Posted Image

#162 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 13 2013 - 12:11 PM

I don't know why you people are so happy; the servers are terribly laggy w/ ping in general much higher than it was after Wreckage (East servers were 60 now are about 200, and West servers are 240).  I'm honestly surprised to see people on the servers given how bad the ping is.  I wanted to play a lot of Hawken this weekend so I'm hopeful they can put out another fix for the hotfix.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#163 HighCaliber

HighCaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted December 13 2013 - 12:22 PM

Strange, I had no issues with ping last night.

Posted Image

#164 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 13 2013 - 12:33 PM

In the General forum there are a couple of threads about this so I believe they're aware...  hoping to hear it's a minor thing that'll be fixed promptly.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#165 balintka29

balintka29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 14 2013 - 07:28 AM

SL370615.JPG SL370615.JPG

#166 Liath_Sakata

Liath_Sakata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostdEd101, on December 11 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

What is the grind like for a new player_ I started last year when there were no service awards and you got 5000hc gratis. Add to that the 5 or 6 hc promo codes and I had an easy ride. I never noticed much hc from service awards as they are only a couple of hundred hc here and there.

What is the average hc earned in a single 12min match_ I have 200hc in mind but I don't really pay attention to that. Also the daily match bonus contributes if you play a match every day.

Another factor not brought up yet is the free mechs you get for levelling up pilot ranks. You start with Fred than get Rocketeer, Beserker, Sharpshooter, Brawler and Technician.

I'm liking most of the other fixes. Glad to see Brawler getting some love. Overheat changes are unexpected but lets see how they play out

Erm... you don't get free mechs dude.  I had to buy each of them myself.

View PostDFTR, on December 13 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

I don't know why you people are so happy; the servers are terribly laggy w/ ping in general much higher than it was after Wreckage (East servers were 60 now are about 200, and West servers are 240).  I'm honestly surprised to see people on the servers given how bad the ping is.  I wanted to play a lot of Hawken this weekend so I'm hopeful they can put out another fix for the hotfix.

What_  My pings are average around 30-80 depending on the time of day (server load).  Maybe you need to get roomies/parents to stop downloading stuff or something_  (If you have a spare old machine laying around [No HDD needed, but recommended] try out pfSense or Monowall, they have very good and powerful QoS -- better in pfSense but it requires a bit more of a learning curve)

While I'm not eligible for any of these awards (already claimed), I'm not certain that the removal of HC awards was the brightest idea overall, without having implemented some form of increases in other areas along with it.

New players are often stuck with the suck in the beginning, and though 100 HC doesn't seem like much, it was often a surprising and nice award when you were just 100HC away from a new internal or something -- which for a newer player is a VERY nice thing to have.
I understand that the game has to make money somewhere, but forcing newer players to pay... not too keen on the idea.  Since a new player is generally trying to test the game out (before dedicating RL money to it), constantly being on the losing end of the stick due to lack of internals will be a huge turn-off for many new players while they're trying things out.

Also, not a fan of anything that further buffs the scout.  In the right hands (there are quite a few I've seen), the scout is already an unstoppable force.  It is entirely too mobile, allowing for these people to stay out of your FOV, dodge bullets like they're Neo, etc.  I know these are not the 'norm' but when you encounter one, it almost makes you want to ragequit -- which is something I can't bring myself to do since I hate it when others do it.  The scout it easily the best mech in the game.  The only reason I don't use it is I'm a bit old and slow on reaction times to keep up with the button mashing insanity it requires.

The one nice thing I do see in the patch that may help relieve this a good bit is the failsafe nerf, I've seen that one overused way too often.

Edited by Liath_Sakata, May 17 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#167 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 17 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostLiath_Sakata, on May 17 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostdEd101, on December 11 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

What is the grind like for a new player_ I started last year when there were no service awards and you got 5000hc gratis. Add to that the 5 or 6 hc promo codes and I had an easy ride. I never noticed much hc from service awards as they are only a couple of hundred hc here and there.

What is the average hc earned in a single 12min match_ I have 200hc in mind but I don't really pay attention to that. Also the daily match bonus contributes if you play a match every day.

Another factor not brought up yet is the free mechs you get for levelling up pilot ranks. You start with Fred than get Rocketeer, Beserker, Sharpshooter, Brawler and Technician.

I'm liking most of the other fixes. Glad to see Brawler getting some love. Overheat changes are unexpected but lets see how they play out

Erm... you don't get free mechs dude.  I had to buy each of them myself.

View PostDFTR, on December 13 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

What_  My pings are average around 30-80 depending on the time of day (server load).  Maybe you need to get roomies/parents to stop downloading stuff or something_

Um, necro_

These issues don't exist any more.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users