HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update: Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#121 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 11 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

HAWKEN services will be unavailable at 10:00 a.m. on 12/12/13 as we deploy a minor update.
yep no dev said any thing either strange :/
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#122 RyuKaiser

RyuKaiser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

• We've removed the HAWKEN Credit reward from all Service Awards except "Hawken Initiate" and "Thanks for Playing!". This decision is part of our recent efforts to rebalance the economy.

Posted Image

So, I finally get back into the game, install the update, come in to check the game out, maybe have some fun... and you're taking stuff away from people to force them to pay you money, or increase their grind. Brilliant idea. Really nice of you. Thanks for that. Totally makes me want to keep your game on my hard drive, or invite friends to check it out. I know how they love games that give you nice things... then rips them from you when they realize people are actually enjoying them and making use of them. Such a nice welcome back.

#123 Weezl3

Weezl3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostRyuKaiser, on December 11 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

• We've removed the HAWKEN Credit reward from all Service Awards except "Hawken Initiate" and "Thanks for Playing!". This decision is part of our recent efforts to rebalance the economy.

Posted Image

So, I finally get back into the game, install the update, come in to check the game out, maybe have some fun... and you're taking stuff away from people to force them to pay you money, or increase their grind. Brilliant idea. Really nice of you. Thanks for that. Totally makes me want to keep your game on my hard drive, or invite friends to check it out. I know how they love games that give you nice things... then rips them from you when they realize people are actually enjoying them and making use of them. Such a nice welcome back.

I'm pretty sure its not increasing your grind unless you pay money, its decreasing your grind if you do pay money.

#124 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:22 PM

Will they be paying more HC per match to offset the lack of service award HC_

#125 Qibing

Qibing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:54 PM

Been playing mostly Brawler and i really glad to see it finally getting some speed.

Don't like the HC awards removal, though. Considering that you have to pay for everything in the game, this sounds like a bad idea. If only we wouldn't need to pay for ability upgrades and mech ranks..

#126 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 11 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostRyuKaiser, on December 11 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

• The achievements only give around 100 hc per unlock. That's not much and I doubt that a majority of people have a lot of them unlocked anyway, so its not like we are losing a lot.

• They are replacing the HC gained from achievements with a new system. They are just prepping the game for it now. So they are NOT making it so you have to spend real money to get things

• EVERYTHING can be bought with in game creds, there is nothing tied to the gameplay that can be bought with real money that will give you an advantage over other players. Also the in game creds is something that you get at a relatively short time frame compared to that of other f2p games, so this change does NOT mean the game is becoming pay2win

• The game only got these achievements with HC attached to them when the Ascension update came that was 3 months ago. This system of HC gained from achievements was new so it doesn't really matter if it is gone. The game was fine without them before, and will be fine now.

Edited by ShadowWarg, December 12 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#127 krzym0nkey

krzym0nkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostCJacobs, on December 10 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

If this means 'absolutely all service awards' instead of just the time based ones, that's really mean. I hope they buff how many credits you earn in general soon because 200 per match doesn't cut it when mechs cost 13,000. :(
If you think that's tough try play MOBA's where you get about 150 and characters cost 15000.

#128 ShyShade

ShyShade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostWasabi_Wei, on December 10 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Cool beans overall, but why not fix the Fuel Converter activating from self-damage with bugged high fuel gen_ What did I miss_

You didn't miss anything, they just haven't fixed it yet. I too agree and would like to see this exploit removed. It practically grants unlimited fuel with the occasional self-shot stop. This is very unbalanced when delivering EU in Siege.

I'm not elitist; I'm heavily corrupted and unfiltered. I abide by ROC, but I'll let you know harshly if you aren't contributing to the team. I'm as hard on myself as I am on you. Don't take it personally.

Help Contribute! http://tinyurl.com/HawkenPolish

Posted Image

We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

#129 SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted December 11 2013 - 07:47 PM

Changed mech icons to be more accurate.
Previous Vanguard icon (Explosion) was given to the Grenadier
Previous Rocketeer icon (Triple Lines) was given to the Vanguard
Previous Grenadier icon (Crosshairs) was given to the Rocketeer

I had a feeling this was the reason, but thanks for making us all have to re-learn the mech symbols all the same. You need to re-do the cross hair symbol though, it's a non-descript blob right now, rather than distinct cross chairs...

Hellfire Missiles
Decreased damage per projectile from 23 to 20
Decreased minimum damage per projectile from 7.2 to 6
Note: "Minimum Damage" is the damage applied on a hit at the edge of the radius, as opposed to a direct hit

No! It's not the amount of damage that is the issue ( 6 projectiles isn't it_ 120 damage isn't much... ), it's the flight characteristics of the projectiles- they are too slow and far too maneuverable. Pre-ascension you had them dialed in almost perfectly, post-ascension you went and ruined them again. Stop fecking around with things that are working fine and fix the broken or missing stuff already...

Failsafe
Self-damage reduction decreased from 90% to 60%

That'll do nicely..

Ongoing Improvements
Fixed an issue where players were having trouble selecting mechs in the garage.
Collision on Wreckage map improved and polished.
Adjusted base turrets on Wreckage to prevent players from easily entering the enemy base.

1) Yay! I was getting extremely annoyed having to click a mech 3 times whilst waiting to respawn to select it..

2) Last Eco & Bazar need some serious work still, and Front line does too in a few places ( the pointless ramp at the top of the road outside the blue base, nasty sticky points on that along the edge, and the jump pad that doesn't work properly half the time on that side of the map too ).

3) Wonderful, how about doing the same on Last Eco, we've been asking for more turrets since the map entered the rotation_ Unless you want to make it nearly impossible to get out of the base during Siege & MIssile Assault_...

That's another issue too; there needs to be a mandatory training game for Siege and Missile assault, to teach people to GET INSIDE THE FORKING CONTROL RADIUS IN ORDER TO CONTROL THE OBJECTIVE...

#130 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted December 11 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostSuicideNeil, on December 11 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Changed mech icons to be more accurate.
Previous Vanguard icon (Explosion) was given to the Grenadier
Previous Rocketeer icon (Triple Lines) was given to the Vanguard
Previous Grenadier icon (Crosshairs) was given to the Rocketeer

I had a feeling this was the reason, but thanks for making us all have to re-learn the mech symbols all the same. You need to re-do the cross hair symbol though, it's a non-descript blob right now, rather than distinct cross chairs...

I was a bit confused by this at first too, since it was not mentioned in the Wreckage patch notes.

I thought I was joining into a Rocketeer party one game, but it turned out to be three Vanguards on my team instead. It is definitely a nice change though, because the old icons did not make much sense with the new turret mode abilities.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#131 Bakaboy

Bakaboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 10:11 PM

How many more hours until the servers working again_ I am new and i want to play :)

#132 Shincure

Shincure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 07:06 AM

when are the Servers online again_ im from Germany so pls the time in GMT+1 ;)

Thank u!

#likeHawken

#133 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 07:53 AM

good to see a Brawler buff
(not anything like enough though)
But light mechs dumping more heat than big mechs is still very, very bent in terms of sense and game play

devs demonstrate yet again that they have no idea what they’re doing with the Scout

FailHugger needed to be hit hard but 60% is still _far_ too high for only 2 slots
(I’m looking at the other 2-slot internals and I’m struggling to find something on a par with that)

award HC had best be replaced with another source because as of now the devs just handed all of the new players a pretty big ‘bugger off’ notice
(and if there is a replacement why in the heck was the award HC removed now and not when the replacement is live_)
(if there is an economist behind this s/he just goofed)

the next balance update is high noon for me and Hawken
I can’t stick with a game that consistently fails to get a grip on its core faults

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#134 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted December 12 2013 - 08:21 AM

Clan support, dammit.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#135 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostEM1O, on December 12 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Clan support, dammit.

So..........when wreckage came out people started raging about the fact it didn't include many bug fixes and/or rebalancing, even when the devs stated several times that that update would be "content heavy". Now they release a hot fix/balancing patch and you start to rage about the fact it doesn't have much content_ I guess there is no pleasing people when it comes to games development :)

#136 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted December 12 2013 - 09:07 AM

Xacius, on December 10 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Posted ImageCJacobs, on , said:

Posted Image[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on , said:

If this means 'absolutely all service awards' instead of just the time based ones, that's really mean. I hope they buff how many credits you earn in general soon because 200 per match doesn't cut it when mechs cost 13,000. :(

Regarding the service award changes, I believe this is the beginning of an economy overhaul.  Many successful F2P games have daily systems that reward players for completing certain objectives.  These could be implemented to keep players interested and promote new rewards.  WoT has a pretty successful "dailies" model.  I imagine the HWK team could learn something from their business model!

Oh God no. Stay as far away from the Pay-to-Win model way of thinking WarGaming has. Least you feel the wrath of the anit-countermeasure coalition again (they were once Meteor credit obtainable).

As far as service awards go you are still receiving FREE XP from them. Plus being in a match where your way out of your league so you don't perform or earn income should see an decrease with continued balance/matchmaking tweaks/improvement.

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#137 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 12 2013 - 09:23 AM

-delete-

Edited by ShadowWarg, December 12 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#138 ANIGILYATORv28

ANIGILYATORv28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 10:50 AM

Map Last Eco Winter eat FPS. Pls fix it in next update

#139 Sam123456

Sam123456

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostANIGILYATORv28, on December 12 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

We'll get top men on it. Top men!

#140 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted December 12 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostSam123456, on December 12 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

We'll get top men on it. Top men!

You boy's don't read so well do ya_

Special Notices
  • We've identified the issue that was causing performance problems on Winter Last Eco. You can read more about what caused this problem and how it was fixed here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users