HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update: Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#101 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted December 11 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostSylhiri, on December 11 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

I have a feeling people look at numbers, see a difference and go ape **** no matter how MINOR the numbers are.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

When you want to find something wrong, you can if you try hard enough!!!

#102 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postburns1124, on December 11 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

View PostKungfuDojo, on December 11 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Good patch but still no love for Reaper disappoints me. How can they buff the Hawkings but not the Reaper version just because there is some other OP mech that wont be named here wielding it.

Sincerly

Sad Reaper Pilot.

Dear Sad Reaper Pilot,

Your medium/close range sustained fire weapon the Hawkins-RPR, is good, and remains good.  Plus with correct use of your ability (that everyone says is useless) you can achieve 100% accuracy for a significant period of time.  Add to that the AM-Sar, and Slug, and you are a much more well rounded mech overall than the Sharpshooter.  

Just say you want Powershot on Reaper, it clears up all this passive aggressive stuff nicely.

Disagree with you, Burns. RPR and AM-SAR are lacking, it's why you don't see virtually any top tier players run it in scrims. The Hawkens was buffed to be better in every category over the AM-SAR, yet the AM-SAR requires a lot more skill to use.  

The only effective reaper is a slug reaper, that is my opinion, and I'm sure many others would agree as well. The ability itself is very lackluster and should be replaced.

The slug reaper however is great for it's mobility and hit-and-run tactics. It doesn't have the frame of a B-mech to really make effective use of sustained fire. You're better off running another mech with a different loadout to be more effective in that regard.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#103 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted December 11 2013 - 11:52 AM

My Cupcake still does not have a Cupcake icon. I am very displeased.

You also need new icons for regular Vanguard, it is the "Tank" of tanks. It has the most passive damage reduction, out of the C-class shield arms at max level.

Lets give them a nice oldschool shield icon.

Posted Image

Really though, Initiate Vanguard need a cupcake icon.
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#104 Zhoyzu

Zhoyzu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 11:59 AM

i still like how not every fix was included.... is it really that hard to know what you have fixed_

and finally the brawler got its buffs...... but why is it still being nerfed...

and why are hellfires still able to lock onto INVISIBLE TARGETS_!_!_!_ this should have been fixed ages ago...

#105 yoshimotosog

yoshimotosog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin the great lands of lithuania

Posted December 11 2013 - 12:00 PM

GRIND YOUR SERVICE AWARDS BEFORE THE PATCH COMES!!!
Posted Image

#106 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostZhoyzu, on December 11 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

i still like how not every fix was included.... is it really that hard to know what you have fixed_

and finally the brawler got its buffs...... but why is it still being nerfed...

and why are hellfires still able to lock onto INVISIBLE TARGETS_!_!_!_ this should have been fixed ages ago...

Dude, its a minor patch not a monthly patch.

I was surprised we got more then a failsafe nerf.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#107 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on December 11 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostSylhiri, on December 11 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

I have a feeling people look at numbers, see a difference and go ape **** no matter how MINOR the numbers are.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

And that's the reason they don't give out numbers :D
Hey, at least with numbers it's easier to point out that it's not that big a deal.
Posted Image

#108 r4phstryker

r4phstryker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:08 PM

Nice patch Team Hawken ;)
I don't believe in God, but i believe in myself.
In Linus Torvalds, we trust.

#109 Seija

Seija

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm new and when i say new i mean like I've played for like 4 days.
Please tell me you've consulted a Actual Economist for this Re balance. i just got 3 friends to play and 2 of them have spent Real money to get the mechs they want.

I've seen this happen to other games that did it wrong and lost their customer base.
Be carefull this is the 1st Online mech game I've Liked

the only issue i have is not enough Weapon choices.  and thats damn good.
oh if you get the chance Dev. look into Phantom Crash  for Ideas on where to take the Co-op bot Destruction ( my favorite mode )

#110 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostKenpos, on December 11 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

A plain 15% damage reduction for HF. Bravo for that interesting change and for making the bruiser a mediocre mech again, just where it belongs I suppose. At least I will be the only one in the match again.
i still use it :P
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#111 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm sorry, but neither the scout nerf nor the hellfire nerf were needed.

The scout (This is coming from a guy who HATES the scout because I really only run B and C classes, and scouts are hard to fight in them), IS NOT OVERPOWERED, it is just simply the perfect mech for the game. So that nerf was superfluous in my honest opinion.

Secondly, despite a group of people freaking out about hellfires, most people who played the game for a long time and a majority of the community realized it finally was just buffed to where it needed to be in terms of damage, ROF, etc. to finally be on terms with TOW, GL, etc.

IN FACT, I still believe the hellfires are broken in terms of tracking. My hellfires don't follow targets a lot of the time, and all the old glitches (like 1 missile only tracking, straight shot of all missiles into the sunset despite being locked, and en route lock suddenly just disappears halfway through the flight) seem to be back and worse than ever before.

My only problems, but still good to see a balancing patch gents. :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

#112 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted December 11 2013 - 01:49 PM

People really need to learn the definitions "hotfix" and "pay2win"

#113 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostSeron16, on December 11 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Secondly, despite a group of people freaking out about hellfires, most people who played the game for a long time and a majority of the community realized it finally was just buffed to where it needed to be in terms of damage, ROF, etc. to finally be on terms with TOW, GL, etc.

IN FACT, I still believe the hellfires are broken in terms of tracking. My hellfires don't follow targets a lot of the time, and all the old glitches (like 1 missile only tracking, straight shot of all missiles into the sunset despite being locked, and en route lock suddenly just disappears halfway through the flight) seem to be back and worse than ever before.

That's the problem with trying to please two different groups at once. "If you run after two hares, you will catch neither."

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#114 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostSylhiri, on December 11 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

That's the problem with trying to please two different groups at once. "If you run after two hares, you will catch neither."

Indeed. :/

Edited by Seron16, December 11 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#115 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostFstroke, on December 11 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

People really need to learn the definitions "hotfix" and "pay2win"

Posted Image

:D
Posted Image

#116 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostCulex, on December 11 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

View Postburns1124, on December 11 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

View PostKungfuDojo, on December 11 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Good patch but still no love for Reaper disappoints me. How can they buff the Hawkings but not the Reaper version just because there is some other OP mech that wont be named here wielding it.

Sincerly

Sad Reaper Pilot.

Dear Sad Reaper Pilot,

Your medium/close range sustained fire weapon the Hawkins-RPR, is good, and remains good.  Plus with correct use of your ability (that everyone says is useless) you can achieve 100% accuracy for a significant period of time.  Add to that the AM-Sar, and Slug, and you are a much more well rounded mech overall than the Sharpshooter.  

Just say you want Powershot on Reaper, it clears up all this passive aggressive stuff nicely.

Disagree with you, Burns. RPR and AM-SAR are lacking, it's why you don't see virtually any top tier players run it in scrims. The Hawkens was buffed to be better in every category over the AM-SAR, yet the AM-SAR requires a lot more skill to use.  

The only effective reaper is a slug reaper, that is my opinion, and I'm sure many others would agree as well. The ability itself is very lackluster and should be replaced.

The slug reaper however is great for it's mobility and hit-and-run tactics. It doesn't have the frame of a B-mech to really make effective use of sustained fire. You're better off running another mech with a different loadout to be more effective in that regard.

eh i use the am-sar on my reaper over the slug. i feel like i can pull off more dmg and be more effective midrange with it rather than the slug. If you miss with the slug youre fuzzy bunny. The ability though is pretty boring.

Other than that... I used the Failsafe on my infil pre-buff and while it saved my ass on several occasions i wouldn't have called it OP by any means. I guess we'll see since more people will be using it now.

Hellfire nerf looks good, buuuut can you still lock on to invisible mechs.._

Thanks devs for all the hard work!

Edited by LoC_TR, December 11 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#117 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:46 PM

I still don't see a patch

#118 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:49 PM

same
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#119 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:03 PM

[citation needed]

#120 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:05 PM

HAWKEN services will be unavailable at 10:00 a.m. on 12/12/13 as we deploy a minor update.

So Thursday

Edited by ShadowWarg, December 11 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users