HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update: Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#61 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:32 AM

im glad to see the devs are trying to fix balance. no self dmg fuel converter next please (or just remove it entirely). cheers

#62 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 11 2013 - 02:57 AM

Very, glad. Thanks! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#63 evilMonkeyKING

evilMonkeyKING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 03:08 AM

Since Devs took away to rewards they should implement a way to sell mechs or parts back. There is not point in have like 2 or 3 of the same mechs. Matches should be base on K/D ratio and then levels.

Looks like the Scout become even more op.. :( Take away 20 def and in return got even more powerful. Great now Scouts can run faster while being able to spam flak canon more.

Edited by evilMonkeyKING, December 11 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#64 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted December 11 2013 - 03:11 AM

scout seems to get away from a complete kick every time. 6.5 recovery WTH! Plus increasing its walk speed so its even harder to hit nice ty Devs...seriously that's  bs.......

Brawler speed .5 increase...lol that's a joke right_

That scout thing is working my nerves all they did is compensate for nerfing it on the other end hmmmm...so damn bias i swear.....there are times you guys just get it so badly....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#65 CookieTheory

CookieTheory

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 03:47 AM

Posted Image
Most of us finally got what we wanted sweet. Maybe I might have missed this part but is there a bigger patch planned for december or is it a early january release_ Either way great job Devs the patches are deployed more smoothly than ever and there's more content coming our way eventually. Enjoy your holidays guys. :D

#66 zaepp

zaepp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGet to da AA!

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:13 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

• Hellfire Missiles
    • Decreased damage per projectile from 23 to 20
    • Decreased minimum damage per projectile from 7.2 to 6
    • Note: "Minimum Damage" is the damage applied on a hit at the edge of the radius, as opposed to a direct hit

Hm, I rather would've seen a change in lock-on time, sensitivity and homing behavior instead of a simple nerf of damage. Now it's "low skill - high reward" instead of "low skill - ridiculous high reward". Further more flying backwards with boost-speed is still part of the problem on some maps.

Anyway, good to see that Failsafe has brought back into line. More or less at least. Some tweaks for the Predator would've been good, though. I hope they will come Soon™.

It's just the trees Johnny, just the trees ... (Unknown pilot after his first TDM on Last Eco)

Adapt or GTFO! (Unknown pilot after Steam FUBAR)

Enlist for competitive FarmVille today!  

#67 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:28 AM

And now hawken team is not displaying my posts (negative about the changes to be honest).

Just want to say bye bye everyone.

#68 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:31 AM

Welp, this is awesome.

#69 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:38 AM

I like these changes...

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#70 SeasonzTZK

SeasonzTZK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:43 AM

Faith in dev team has been restored, thanks devs for listening to your players! really THANKS! I was about to walk away from this game until I saw this. I know this might not be the perfect solution for everything, and I know theres still a lot of balancing to do but this is definetely a move in the right direction. I hope hellfires are less annoying now and I can finally enjoy this game again, thats the thing that has ben pissing me off the most these days.

Again THANKS!

Posted Image

"Its not infiltrator, its backstabbertraitor!"

I make beats! https://soundcloud.com/seasonzbeats

#71 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted December 11 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thank you for this hotfix, was needed. More like this would be brilliant :)

#72 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:21 AM

Guys calm down about that HC thing. Devs already stated a while ago that they want to implement "daily rewards/quest" whatever you want to call it. Things like "win a TDM on Prosk map" and such stuff is on it's way. So I am pretty sure that's why they reduced the archievement rewards.

I won't comment on other bs that was posted in here by some players, I am just too busy with facepalm.

Thanks for the hotfix devs, seems like it's a good start to bring things back in line! Awesome!

#73 Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:27 AM

omg, I just lost a whole 10 minutes of my life writing a post and accidently erasing it. Guess I'll never be understood.

Mainly, Great job hawken team for this patch, like others mentionned, we need more of these.
On the side:

About the economy, I cannot stress enough that I probably spent 100$ in this game because customization is one of my main pleasure is such games but it's so, OHHhh so, frustrating to see what this "free" to play game encourages, capitalism at it's worst. Only the rich can shine! I must say, I have a deep deep deeeeep grudge over the marketing team. (also my previous text that I lost was so well written :'( )

I am sure that anyone here in this forum, heck even all players here, could admit that a mech is like a car, it's all about taste. With that in mind, I can only think of a MASSIVE customization tool kit would satisfy the ones, artists or eye candy drooling people, like me.

PATTERNS/CAMO should be pushed WAAAAY more on the customization level. Scaling largest limit should be pushed 1000%, have rotation, have "color1" "color2" "color3" options with the hue/saturation/brightness/coating feature. For future clan logos, have a enormous amount of icons, letters, numbers, symbols, patches and stuff to play with, also with the feature to rotate/skew/move/saturation/brightness/coating and color roulette. I would have gladly paid 60$ for this tool kit straight up. Thinking about how much a spent on some medriocre (okay some are worth it) customs because I felt that it would actually help me appreciate the limited looks I can have with the mechs is frustrating. It almost feels like I was influenced in buying stuff I didn't need because they put me in an environement that promoted this and left me out with nothing to start with. Here doggy want your cookie_ Well actually, I'd prefer you didn't treat me with cookies and instead give me overall real meals instead of blindly deceiving with those cookies because you actually feed me with fuzzy bunny the rest of the time. plain old "croquettes"...

So yeah, my post might seem off topic, but it's actually about the hawken economy, it's power to update it's marketing strategy for quality products and updating/patching up this game with well thought features and keeping in mind that some don't have 100$ to spend on some mediocre stuff, lucky me I can ,over time, grant myself in doing this, but I know how frustrating it is to want something but you can't have it, just because you are less wealthy. It's unfair, and sad and community wise, not good. You think/give the impression that free to play games are poor friendly, but I've never spent as much money in games as I did in damn F2P's. > Vindictus (quality stuff) >Blacklight Retribution (damn cool stuff) > DC universe online (epic massive customizations) and hawken...

Glad to see gameplay is being worked out, though I have a heavy grudge over the marketing team. F2P is a risky strategy, it can damage a game to the point to killing it, on the other hand, It can make it last for a decade> EVE online.

-Luaq

Edited by Luaq, December 11 2013 - 05:32 AM.

Don't forget to check your oil, believe me you don't want your launcher to jam !!

#74 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 11 2013 - 05:34 AM

guys, i play some match on my brawl with hawkins, it so good, Now I always have time, follow my team of A-classes =3
And despite the reduction in fueltank brawler,  now passing is the same distance, but faster.
old brawler back!

#75 HideyoshiYaoi

HideyoshiYaoi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:12 AM

Scout gets big buff. Brawler still highest heat mech.  

Rofl

#76 Hiszpanski

Hiszpanski

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:19 AM

How to delete account if you are no longer interested in this game_

I was only able to uncheck everything in "Contact me" section, to avoid any newsletters etc.

#77 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostHideyoshiYaoi, on December 11 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Scout gets big buff.

*Looks at numbers, looks back at comment, looks back at numbers*

Posted Image

Posted Image

#78 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:26 AM

but still i was right, the devs did listen >_>
(yay)

Edited by ropefish, December 11 2013 - 06:27 AM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#79 KungfuDojo

KungfuDojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:34 AM

Good patch but still no love for Reaper disappoints me. How can they buff the Hawkings but not the Reaper version just because there is some other OP mech that wont be named here wielding it.

Sincerly

Sad Reaper Pilot.

#80 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted December 11 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostHiszpanski, on December 11 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

How to delete account if you are no longer interested in this game_

I was only able to uncheck everything in "Contact me" section, to avoid any newsletters etc.
change password and sent it to me. i will do the rest

- lok'tar ogar -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users