HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Minor Game Update: Patch Notes

News Update

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#21 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:32 PM

My only real concern with this is the removal of HC from the service awards, because for me personally they were a big part in being able to purchase the mech ranks as I ground enough XP for them. Now, without that extra boost I'll have a garage full of mechs with enough XP to unlock multiple levels but not enough HC to do so.

However, they said it was the first step in re-working the economy of the game, so I will wait and see.

#22 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostSylhiri, on December 10 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

*Looks at Scout*

Hmmm, this mean Flak isn't going to be touched_

My hope is the new pistol weapon found in the game files replaces the Scout's primary weapons.

As for the removal of HC from Service Awards, this is most likely in preparation for more Daily Awards.

Edited by HugeGuts, December 10 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#23 Lucier

Lucier

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:39 PM

#24 FuryMonster

FuryMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:48 PM

I am quite pleased. Wasnt expecting anywhere near this, that being said my expectations were very low based on the last few patches.
Want to watch high tier scrims, clan and league matches_ Check out my YouTube! --->https://www.youtube....low=grid&view=0

#25 HighCaliber

HighCaliber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostFuryMonster, on December 10 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I am quite pleased. Wasnt expecting anywhere near this, that being said my expectations were very low based on the last few patches.

]

Posted Image

#26 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 07:57 PM

• We've removed the HAWKEN Credit reward from all Service Awards except "Hawken Initiate" and "Thanks for Playing!". This decision is part of our recent efforts to rebalance the economy.

Wow. Just wow. This will DRASTICALLY decrease the number of people playing this game for extended periods. Of all the dumbest moves they could have made, this wouldn't have made the list because it's just too dumb. RIP Hawken. The only time to do this would be in conjunction with increasing the base HC accrual rate but they just doomed the game to a lack of activity for the next month at least.

Edited by Silk_Sk, December 10 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:12 PM

Glad to finally see some long overdue updates to the game (Failsafe exploit, I'm looking at you), although I'm not too sold on a Hellfire damage nerf was the best way to go. I suppose it's the easiest thing to do in such a short amount of time, but I hope to see more tracking changes made to the Hellfires. I'll be interested to see how the change in cooldown will affect the game. Also, I'm curious about this economy rebalance and the removal of the HC bonus from the Service Awards. As someone who already owns all the mechs, I don't really see a huge problem, but for new players, it'll be annoying.

Overall, it's a step forward. Bravo. Really didn't expect this much!

Posted Image

Edited by Silverfire, December 10 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#28 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:19 PM

okay its time:

I TOLD YOU SO
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#29 RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:26 PM

I really wish the devs would explain why they are removing HC rewards and what plans they have for the economy.  I wouldn't mind if they were warning us this change would happen in the next major patch or something, but right now it seems like a bad idea to remove HC rewards without giving us something.  (Either HC or information.  Preferably info.)

#30 Sam123456

Sam123456

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:30 PM

Sounds like just what was needed.

#31 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:34 PM

An attempt rebalance the economy = PAY TO WIN

2000 whole bonus Hawken credits. WOW! Try not to spend it all on one mech.

That's gonna make the grind to a halt. People will stop playing. And leveling will take forever. We have enough of a problem retaining players.

Please feel free to kill the game further...

#32 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:38 PM

That is a start... servers still suck

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#33 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 10 2013 - 08:46 PM

It'd be better if Mechs all cost the same amount; right now if a new player wants to pick up a Raider or Grenadier it's a pretty expensive or requires a lot of mech leveling_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#34 Doubleday

Doubleday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'm completely okay with the balance updates (even if I will miss how effective my Hellfires have been since the last patch), but I agree with the others that removing the HC gained from Service Awards is a bad idea. I'm pretty decent at this game and I'm usually at or near the top of the scoreboard most matches, and saving up HC is still a huge grind compared to other games I've played. This will only make that harder, and I don't doubt that it will turn some people off from the game entirely.

I understand this is a business. I get that you guys have to make money, and while I think the cosmetic items are still overpriced, keeping it so that purely cosmetic items are the only thing that have to be bought with real money is a great thing. But it's a slippery slope. HC could be made so hard to come by that it would take months to save up enough to purchase a new mech and you could still claim that "you can unlock everything just by playing instead of purchasing Meteor Credits."

Please reconsider. I enjoy this game a lot, but it's very grindy, and it just got worse.

#35 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 10 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on December 10 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Wut...._

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#36 SlugBug

SlugBug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted December 10 2013 - 09:43 PM

Great stuff overall. I am so glad to see the Brawler get a little luvin'; more to come_!  Also, regarding the heavy mech icons, I thought I was taking crazy pills at first; it's like it was always meant to be.  Had to go back and check to see if they had actually changed.

And yeah, keep on working on that HC thing, please.

#37 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted December 10 2013 - 09:45 PM

They quoted from the notes, 'translating' the text from the notes.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#38 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 10 2013 - 09:55 PM

Base boost speed increased from 18 to 20.16 m/s

it is all the Brawler needed, the rest is irrelevant.
FAILSAFE! argh! we did it!

Please reconsider. I enjoy this game a lot, but it's very grindy, and it just got worse.
wat_
are you mad_ or somthing_
I play a little, and irregularly, 3 days evening is enough to accumulate 15,000 HC.
if you play many, 60-100 game hour is enough to buy all mech without donate.
easy say - 6 day of playning - and you have all mech in garage, next you just need to select internals and gradually installed on your mechs. profit.

#39 Highchu

Highchu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 10 2013 - 10:00 PM

Scout
  • Base heat generation decreased from 92% to 91%
  • Base armor decreased from 490 to 470
  • Base boost speed decreased from 37.44 to 36 m/s
  • Base run speed increased from 17 to 17.5 m/s
  • Base overheat recovery time decreased from 9.5 to 6.5 seconds

Having all the overheat recovery times being reduced proportionality why does the Scout get such a big jump compared to the rest_With an initial recovery time of 9.5 sec it should now be 7.5 sec

8.75 to 7 seconds
8 to 6.5 seconds
7.25 to 6 seconds

Scouts are already more prone to overheating using the Flak/Mini Flak than other mechs, they shouldn't be given special treatment to make it even easier to abuse.

Edited by Highchu, December 11 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#40 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 10 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on December 10 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Care to explain why you think so_

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users