HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New mech: Bouncer (Nepacaka is here. Devs, look here pls.)

Art Announcement Exclusive Project

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:46 AM

POPULAR

Guys, the last time I has promised you to do something incredible, and it seems, I made it!
I present to you the new C-class Mech: Bouncer! (built on a new chassis type: “Barker”)
Also, Devs, I'm really asking you to visit this topic!

Black text - a story/information
Pink text - my remarks, thoughts

Well, let’s begin!
So, start with the concept art:
Posted Image
And Bouncer “unique” body chassis: "Freebooter" (buy on 720MC)
Posted Image

Bouncer in Hawken Universe (press "spoiler" to read a little story):

Spoiler

Posted Image

Bouncer Tuning system:

Weapon loader – 100%
Heatsinks – 94% (with full tuning – 84%)
Armor – 1010 (with full tuning - 1110)
-
Boost thrusters – 23.76 (with full tuning - 28.8)
Suspensions – 1.664 (with full tuning - 1.37)
Hydraulics - 11
Air Dynamics - 2
Generator – 11.5 (with full tuning - 15)
Fuel Tank - 71
Cooling Units – 7.5
Radar – 75 (with full tuning -  180)
The number is approximate.

Bouncer Weapon:

Primary:
1) Default – Induction Rifle (New weapon, information below)
2) Alternative – Sub Machinegun (for continuous and easy fight)
3) Prestige – ReFlak-35 (to little increase burst damage, but lose in the distance)

Secondary:
1) Default – Linerack (New weapon, information below)

First of all, I would like to tell you about “Linerack”. This is secondary support-weapon having two firing modes. (You may change it with mouse-scroll)
In the first mode - this high-caliber automatic rifle (good only on mid-range);
In the second mode - it paired two barreled gun (good only on close-range).
Here's how it looks:
Posted Image

Linerack stats:

Description:
Linerack - This is a great support weapon, it combines two modes of fire that makes good use of it for any situation on the battlefield. Linerack based on the old sample weapon: “heavy auto-cannon SG-Hastings”, but was modified switching mechanism fire for maximum effectiveness in fight.
(Line - a synonym of “direction”, because the bullets used guide rails after the shot.
Rack - the meaning of “frame, rack, chassis” etc. just basis of weapon, system which supports lines in motion, therefore weapon called – “Linerack”)

Automatic mode:
27 dmg per bullet / RoF 1.55 / DPS (27*1.55=41.85dmg) / HeatRate - 1.8
Effective Range – 130m

Quite good Effective Range makes it a good support weapon if the enemy is far away from you, because splitshot mode is more good for close combat. Given the rather low spread, Linerack is well suited for medium range, with increasing distance damage drops sharply. Low rate of fire and DPS also makes the weapon very weak in close combat.

Splitshot mode:
2 bullet / 55dmg per bullet – 110dmg / RoF 0.34 / DPS (110*0.34=37.4dmg) / HeatRate - 9.25
Effective Range – 80m

Actually, splitshot mode is very good for close combat. In this mode Linerack makes  shot of two barrels simultaneously. The bullet spread is quite large, especially while movement/flying, but on short distance (50-80m) hit the target quite easily. With increasing distance, damage decreases very match.

Linerack first concept:
Spoiler

Induction Rifle stats:

Description:
Induction Rifle - The basis is the use of weapons of magnetic induction to disperse various small metal objects (such as bolts, screws, nuts, bearings), together with the use of the mech cooling system, heat energy is directed to Induction Rifle barrel, and melting the metal objects when shooting. Thus conventional metal junk turns into a powerful fiery bullet!
(Magnetic Induction Coil - I have no idea, how it works and what is this! Only of I know – this is an Electro-Magnet =). Nevertheless, this coil was the basis design. Hence the name - "induction rifle" or “inductor”)

Automatic mode:
11 - dmg per bullet with low heat
12 - dmg per bullet with medium heat
13 - dmg per bullet with high heat

RoF 8.2 / DPS (low heat=90.2 dmg / med heat =98.4 dmg/ high heat =106.6 dmg) / HeatRate - 0.867
Effective Range – 77m (but IR have a highest spread after 2 second of shooting)

Induction Rifle feature is that it is connected to the cooling system of the mech. Heating produced by firing Induction Rifle, is redirected in weapon barrel which heats the bullets material (bolts, screws, nuts, bearings) at constant shooting. Thus, when the mech overheated, Induction Rifle starts shooting candent pieces of metal. Which greatly amplifies the weapon DPS. Conversely, when there is no heating, weapon DPS will be decrease.

Induction rifle first concept:
Spoiler

Bouncer Ability (Turret-mode):

Converts the mech to heavy defense mode. Upgrades decrease the heat generation. Decrease maximum overheat time on -2 sec. while in turret mode. Give 25% front armor. -20% rear defense.
Rank 1
+1 m/s Turret Move Speed
Rank 2
+7% Transformation Speed
Rank 3
-2% Heat generation
Rank 4
+2 m/s Turret Boost Speed
Rank 5
-2 sec. maximum Overheat time while in turret (most interest idea)

Bouncer Features:

I wanted to design Bouncer so they had great advantages, but at the same time the price to pay for them would be great disadvantages. For example, Bouncer has a good boost speed, but because of the small fuel tank is forced to move in spurts, choosing the moment to attack and retreat to regenerate.

also the Bouncer main feature will be the best cooling system of the heavy (and not only heavy) mechs, which works together with “Induction Rifle”, reducing or increasing its damage, depending on the intensity of your action.

To prevented Bouncer is OP, I did not give him the opportunity to use Burst weapon, his gun contains a small burst (in combination Reflak-35 + Linerack Splitshot), but it is not too large. To deal more damage you should have visual contact with the enemy. And also don’t forget that despite on fast dodge k/d, you have enough fuel, which can also result in frustrating, if you play rashly or hastily.

Bouncer Gameplay:

Bouncer has an excellent cooling system, with the addition of tuning points he is able to maintain the combat capability without overheating much longer than the other C-Class' Mechs. Also recently on the forum has been interesting information about the mech "FireFighter" (which is the features “overheating enemies”). Bouncer would be less exposed to this new mechanics and armed with Induction Rifle he would become even more dangerous for his opponents. (see paragraph Induction Rifle stats)

Bouncer Engine: "VOSHOD"

"Voshod" engines that are included with the Bouncer. Design is simple, but not without charm. (sorry I have drawn of the curve right engine, sometimes I lose my sense of perspective :3)
Posted Image
and fire example (under spoiler)
Spoiler

Instruction: How to create mech in 10 steps
Spoiler

Dear community, I hope you liked my idea, and I ask you to support this theme. If there is the slightest chance that developers will see it, and maybe some of the ideas will go into the game, I'd like to use it. Do not remain indifferent. If we do nothing, then nothing will happen…
Thank you for your attention.

Regards, nepacaka.

Edited by nepacaka, December 19 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#2 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:46 AM

reserved (coming soon)

Edited by nepacaka, December 17 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#3 Nosferotica

Nosferotica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:51 AM

that induction rifle sounds amazing.

I really think that the devs need to focus on how heat can affect a battle. instead of just OH or not OH

#4 Seron16

Seron16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:54 AM

While I still need to look through all the info in this spot, I think I can just say from a skimming, this man should be given a job at Meteor to make mechs! (Just like Erathic for the art team!)

Very cool mech, and always can use more C-classes, so I think the mech would be a good addition. :)

My only major qualm would be I would like an ability other than the turret, maybe something that goes with the name bouncer. (Jsut thinking off the top of my head ^^ ). Like an agility boost that allows the mech to move 5 times faster for 5 seconds or something... :)

Edited by Seron16, December 17 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

#5 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 11:55 AM

I really think that the devs need to focus on how heat can affect a battle. instead of just OH or not OH
I also thought about it, and therefore developed Induction Rifle =3, I think that the developers are also working on somthing similar, this idea is very obvious that it does not consider.

My only major qualm would be I would like an ability other than the turret, maybe something that goes with the name bouncer.
I also thought about and snatch, but the developers have stated that they did a good job on the new C-class. I do not know what they come up, so I decided to focus on the my idea, create main Bouncer feature - overheating.

Edited by nepacaka, December 17 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#6 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:05 PM

Me likey.

#7 Shidoshi

Shidoshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFt Lauderdale, FL

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:08 PM

wow.......simply wow.  I don't know how the specs fit in with Hawken's balance, but the thought, time, and creativity(mech and post) are awesome!!!  Someone definitely needs to look at this.

#8 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:08 PM

*CoughShamelessselfpromotionCough*
I`ll fix it later.

#9 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:16 PM

wow.......simply wow.  I don't know how the specs fit in with Hawken's balance, but the thought, time, and creativity(mech and post) are awesome!!!  Someone definitely needs to look at this.

primarily the concept of this proposal, the number is not yet thought out and have not been tested, but I think with FireFighter it will work well.

also

one more reason to do something like, it's a TV-head family mech!

a-class TV-head
Posted Image
b-class TV-head
Posted Image
c-class TV-head
Posted Image

#10 pseulak

pseulak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:21 PM

The pirate camo/chassis is hilarious. Nice work.

#11 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:25 PM

from my casual point of view your concepts got a lot better lately :)
pirate chase <3

- lok'tar ogar -

#12 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:25 PM

The pirate camo/chassis is hilarious. Nice work.
This idea came to me when I watched "sponge bob square pants" with a young son of my brother (5 years)

I'm not kidding Posted Image

pirate chase <3
to the boarding! arghh!

Edited by nepacaka, December 17 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#13 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:32 PM

Love the Induction rifle's ammo concept.  Rarely ever find shrapnel style weapons that use random ammo in games.  Maybe as a graphical feature, if you walk over a downed mech you start firing bits of metal that look like they were taken from the downed mech.

Just an observation, the Linerack looks like a Brawler style weapon.  It's got the automatic mode which resembles a Hawkins primary and then it's got the double barrel shot which looks like it could be a flak style weapon.
Posted Image

#14 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just an observation, the Linerack looks like a Brawler style weapon.  It's got the automatic mode which resembles a Hawkins primary and then it's got the double barrel shot which looks like it could be a flak style weapon.
Yes, I know, maybe this is done unconsciously/ because I love SA Hawkins very much. But here was the ideological inspirer these weapons - Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23
With the addition of my own vision of the appearance, and added second mode

also, you can see its alternative name SG-Hastings on pics, it's really a coincidence, but I did not take this name because it is very similar, had to come up with another name.

Edited by nepacaka, December 17 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#15 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:39 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Posted Image

#16 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:56 PM

What makes me cry ! yes you read it right "CRY" is that this concept WILL not be ingame but after long months if not never !

*cries until passing out*

Posted Image

#17 Nosferotica

Nosferotica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted December 17 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postnepacaka, on December 17 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

I also thought about it, and therefore developed Induction Rifle =3, I think that the developers are also working on somthing similar, this idea is very obvious that it does not consider.

Overheating is something so important in-game that I'm sure the devs are thinking up ideas.
But I love this concept. I can already imagine really trying to push my Bouncer into high risk-high reward combat.
Also, the  induction rifle would really work well within the weapon balance of the other classes of mech
i.e. A-class mechs heat up faster, so would reach max damage quicker but would lose it faster. etc.

#18 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 17 2013 - 01:00 PM

Oh boy....now this is something!!! You did promise something good but to come up with EXCELLENT really amazed me...
Its a usual this days :) Congrats great concept, lore, everything...I won't even repeat that this guy should be commented by the devs everytime!!!!!
Playing it while it is fun...

#19 ORGONOTIC

ORGONOTIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted December 17 2013 - 01:02 PM

Great work dude :)
Spoiler
“One Act Can One Day Affect All”

#20 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 17 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hey nepacaka if no one seems to watch this from "upstairs" send a file to support with this thread and our comments as attachments :D :D
Playing it while it is fun...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art, Announcement, Exclusive, Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users