HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New mech concept: Shredder

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted November 19 2013 - 09:35 AM

Class name: Shredder

Class: C (Can be discussed)
Primary weapons: Gatling/mini guns (Vulcan and something else), a Tri-barreled Rocket launcher (Speed and size of Hellfires, no seeking, small blast radius, decent fire-rate, low damage)  
Secondary weapon: The C9 Omega. High DPS, high heat, short range, high spread. (basically a giant gatling-gun.)
Ability: Front-line breaker. Gains extreme armor buff both on front and back, but amazingly slow turret speed. Heat prodused by weapons is reduced by 30%. (Can be discussed)
Strength: High armor, high damage output, high fuel regeneration.
Weakness: Sh!t-tastingly slow,short range, low fuel-tank, no CU, no Radar, small/no number/s in Hydraulics, small-decent number in Heatsinks.
Concept for body (For C-class): Link because picture would not load.

Objective reason: A mech that would be good for holding choke-points and important areas (Anti-Air) in organized games, but hard to use for pubstomping.
Subjective reason: I want a mech with gatling-guns as weapons sooo much!

Please come with constructive ideas and meanings, trolling gets you no way here.

Edited by Aregon, November 20 2013 - 07:20 AM.

I`ll fix it later.

#2 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted November 19 2013 - 10:00 AM

Cool.

Ability: an extreme turret mode with next to 0 mobility_ or shields drop down and you retain previous mobility_

Secondary: rough guess at numbers_ I'm thinking high dps with incredibly short range, high spread and ridiculous heat gen to balance it out_
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#3 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 10:37 AM

Fixed!
I`ll fix it later.

#4 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted November 19 2013 - 10:52 AM

Weakness: Sh!t-tastingly slow,short range, low fuel-tank, no CU, no Radar, small/no number/s in Hydraulics, small-decent number in Heatsinks.
- Sh!t, this is my Brawler!! :lol:

also - high heat+ slow turret mode = fail. You have more armor and you can't defend S2, because you alwaus overheated with powerful gatling. i think.

also, screen you attached, I miss old SA Hawkins :(

Edited by nepacaka, November 19 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#5 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted November 19 2013 - 11:47 AM

Fixed!
I`ll fix it later.

#6 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted November 19 2013 - 01:38 PM

One more thing: While in turret mode you can turn faster than normal so you actually have a chance of hitting something.

Primary ideas: Vulcan, a rocket chain gun (tow speed projectiles with small splash, high dps, low damage, fast firing) and Flak.

What is secondary weapon function_
Some ideas that come to mind:
Switch to flak mode (all tubes fire at once with extremely high damage but long reload)_ OR maybe a charged shot following the same principle of loading all tubes (hold middle mouse to charge)_
Switch ammo (sabot for damage_ incendiary for generating heat in target_ explosives_ smoke_)_
Heat vent (hold to vent heat - not effective when overheated - got a really cool image of the barrels splaying out and spinning to vent heat with lots of steam and coolant dripping off it)_ Compensate with ridiculously long overheat time and remove heat reduction from turret mode_ Can't fire primary during this time (to prevent endless vulcan spam)

Any other ideas_

Edited by dEd101, November 19 2013 - 01:39 PM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#7 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted November 19 2013 - 05:00 PM

I actually like this idea; kind of the HItscan version of the Grenadier.  

I wonder if it's possible to model the mech after the original shredder though_

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#8 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 19 2013 - 09:37 PM

prestige weapon: mini-nuke

(p.s. when a mech comes out with a large shoulder cannons and/ir mii nuke, im naming it nuke-time or mini-nuke
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#9 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 05:38 AM

View Postropefish, on November 19 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

prestige weapon: mini-nuke

(p.s. when a mech comes out with a large shoulder cannons and/ir mii nuke, im naming it nuke-time or mini-nuke
NO NUKES ROPE, ONLY GATLING-GUNS!
I`ll fix it later.

#10 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostdEd101, on November 19 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

One more thing: While in turret mode you can turn faster than normal so you actually have a chance of hitting something.

Primary ideas: Vulcan, a rocket chain gun (tow speed projectiles with small splash, high dps, low damage, fast firing) and Flak.

What is secondary weapon function_
Some ideas that come to mind:
Switch to flak mode (all tubes fire at once with extremely high damage but long reload)_ OR maybe a charged shot following the same principle of loading all tubes (hold middle mouse to charge)_
Switch ammo (sabot for damage_ incendiary for generating heat in target_ explosives_ smoke_)_
Heat vent (hold to vent heat - not effective when overheated - got a really cool image of the barrels splaying out and spinning to vent heat with lots of steam and coolant dripping off it)_ Compensate with ridiculously long overheat time and remove heat reduction from turret mode_ Can't fire primary during this time (to prevent endless vulcan spam)

Any other ideas_
Like the idea, however, I want a mech that is simply a giant mini-gun.
I`ll fix it later.

#11 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted November 20 2013 - 07:51 AM

just stick a giant mini-gun on a brawler and it's done :)

#12 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 08:10 AM

This got 110% more bullets then the Brawler!
I`ll fix it later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users