HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Shields and Blockades

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StruttingStray

StruttingStray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 14 2013 - 11:41 AM

Are Shields working as intended, or are they too versatile_

From my experience, I've seen more people use shields the way Blockades are suppose to be used for: drop then retreat. Along with the ability to shoot from inside them and the ability to attach them to alllies makes them so much more versatile.

Maybe their duration should be shorter; Or maybe have it so that shields lose X armor points per second there by shortening it's duration if taking fire.

Or maybe Blockades are just too weak, thoughts_

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted December 14 2013 - 12:01 PM

blockades are more strategically useful than shields ; shields are very good for fast paced fights !

Posted Image

#3 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 14 2013 - 01:21 PM

Absolutely with shooter here
Playing it while it is fun...

#4 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted December 16 2013 - 10:03 AM

Eh, they could use a bit more separation in  terms of function.
Shield could be completely timer based, absorbing all damage until the timer runs out, barricades could be complete health based, absorbing a set about of damage, but last for as long as it has health (much like turrets). Also EMP's could be made to completely knock out and destroy shields, but barricades could just be disabled for a time period.

#5 pseulak

pseulak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted December 17 2013 - 07:33 AM

I find the increased use of shields to be very disappointing. Not by the opposing team, but when people use them to retreat and leave a pile of half killed enemies which the rest of the team cannot clean up from range. The amount of friendly area denial going on is criminal.

#6 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 17 2013 - 10:03 AM

In organized play, shield usage can become irritating; a Raider blitzing in w/ a shield bubble + tech behind him.  It literally becomes a deathball.  Personally I'd rather have the Shield item taken out of the game and made into a special ability for a mech_  Perhaps get rid of the Tech's green beam and instead let him drop a shield_  

The barricade may seem weaker, but I've seen some skilled players use it well.  I think it could use a prop in versatility.  Let friendly Grenades/Raider shots ricochet off_
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users