HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator Cloak Bug

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 15 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hey guys with the recent changes one has to ask will it be fixed or is it intended. Brackets on cloaked I believe was fixed, heat sigs still show but I guess thats fair. But for god sakes man why are hellfires able to lock onto infil cloak now all the sudden_ Is the team aware of it, I'm not sure for well It has yet to be brought up on the cockpit.

How do you fellow infiltrator players feel about some bugs that may still be around if there are more please mention them.

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#2 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted December 15 2013 - 04:17 AM

For me personally the radar signature is a bigger issue than the hellfire lock-on. It renders my ability useless (and even disadvantageous because I trade fuel for nothing) in a duel against the scout.

(I'm quite sure the lock-on thing was intended.)

Edited by DerMax, December 15 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#3 Cruzxavier

Cruzxavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted December 15 2013 - 04:23 AM

If it is intentional then it sucks. If you are invisible the first thing that should disappear is you (achieved with success) then the radar signature most of the times is there because prior to cloaking usually we boost and this boosting gives away our position. If you just walk and no boosting then the radar should be clean (in my opinion). Of course if there is a radar close to your position no ability should hide you...
Playing it while it is fun...

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted December 15 2013 - 04:31 AM

the Hellfires being able to lock on cloaked infils makes them more OP and Nerfs infils further more ! no one wants that !!!!!!

Posted Image

#5 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 05:44 AM

A cloak is not the same as being invisible, and maybe, just maybe, the hellfires lock on to the heat signature.

#6 SeasonzTZK

SeasonzTZK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted December 15 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostDerMax, on December 15 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

For me personally the radar signature is a bigger issue than the hellfire lock-on. It renders my ability useless (and even disadvantageous because I trade fuel for nothing) in a duel against the scout.

(I'm quite sure the lock-on thing was intended.)

This^^, the radar thing is really pissing me off; it ruins many of my strategies.

On the easyfires side; I dont know whats the fever of making them even easier.

Posted Image

"Its not infiltrator, its backstabbertraitor!"

I make beats! https://soundcloud.com/seasonzbeats

#7 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 15 2013 - 06:28 AM

Said all this while cranky so I deleted it. Its a bug

Edited by Requiem132, December 15 2013 - 07:54 AM.

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#8 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted December 15 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Posthendman, on December 15 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

A cloak is not the same as being invisible, and maybe, just maybe, the hellfires lock on to the heat signature.
Not that Hawken weapons necessarily follow their namesakes all that close, but hellfire missiles are supposed to be radar / laser guided.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#9 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hopefully it's just a couple bugs. Cloak should honestly completely null all lock-on capabilities and completely mask radar profile, even when the enemy has LoS. Getting HF lock-ons through stealth is just plain dumb, and between that and the radar issues I sometimes wonder why I bother cloaking at all.

Infils have to burn fuel (a critical resource) to maintain stealth, while Pred must greatly limit its mobility and can be knocked out of it very easily. Those are drawback enough. Don't need lock-on vulnerability and radar pings on top of that, since they just defeat a lot of the purpose behind cloaking.

Edited by MechCraft, December 15 2013 - 12:28 PM.

Beware of ninjas.

#10 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostCruzxavier, on December 15 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Of course if there is a radar close to your position no ability should hide you...

Hell yes it should. We trade fuel for being off radar, the only other abilities that give negative properties is turret mode (and potentially Preds stealth but that can be debated), turret mode... nuff said. I would rather have increased walking speed instead of increased boosting speed or even no increase at all like before, I have no idea why they had to add multiple effects on a single ability.

Edited by Sylhiri, December 15 2013 - 12:24 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#11 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted December 15 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostMechCraft, on December 15 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Hopefully it's just a couple bugs. Cloak should honestly completely null all lock-on capabilities and completely mask radar profile,

It used to be that way in beta.

#12 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted December 16 2013 - 02:41 PM

I was wondering why the heck I was locking onto cloaked infiltrators in one of the matches.

Personally I don't think hellfires should lock onto cloaked mechs at all and going stealth should break existing locks.

Edited by dEd101, December 16 2013 - 02:41 PM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#13 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted December 16 2013 - 04:11 PM

I don't think stealth should break an existing lock, but it should definitely prevent lock-on in the first place. If a radar item has been placed nearby, I'd be okay with some very limited radar detection (only a few meters) but otherwise there should be no radar signature at all.

Edited by Silk_Sk, December 16 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

#14 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted December 19 2013 - 05:52 AM

i think they did it cause people were complaining of the pred being locked on in stalker mode, so they did it to the inifl too
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#15 VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted December 19 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postropefish, on December 19 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

i think they did it cause people were complaining of the pred being locked on in stalker mode, so they did it to the inifl too
Wheres their headquarters again_ I think we need to have a talk with the devs. :rolleyes:
In all seriousness, this needs to get fixed, seekers and skillfires should not be able to lock onto a cloaked mech.

#16 Thorgald

Thorgald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostVYR3, on December 19 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

In all seriousness, this needs to get fixed, seekers and skillfires should not be able to lock onto a cloaked mech.

Why not_ The cloak just makes you harder to see, it doesn't render you invisible. It's basically just a radar jammer that also bends the light around the mech. But you can still visually see it if it stands in front of you. Every mech ability has a disadvantage, this along with the fuel consumption in yours.

Besides, as far as i know no other mech can spot you this way, so it's not that big a disadvantage. Certainly not compared to how easy it is for EVERY mech to kill a heavy from behind while it's in turret mode. :)

#17 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 11:17 AM

*something something* working as intended...its a feature not a bug etc.

#18 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 20 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostThorgald, on December 20 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Every mech ability has a disadvantage, this along with the fuel consumption in yours.

Most abilities, turrets aside, have no disadvantages.

Other than turrets, Infil's cloak is the only ability with a disadvantage as bad as fuel consumption. It gets cancelled if you A: fire your weapon, or B: run out of fuel, even if you had only a half-second of cloak, and for both the cooldown is reset regardless of how long you used it. On top of this, if you're thrown into an engagement, whether by your hand or not, that it uses fuel means you may not even have fuel to dodge, boost, or jump. In such a case, you may as well just shoot while standing still. No other non-turret ability has such penalizing disadvantages.

Disadvantages of other mech abilities (not including turret modes):

Scout: none
Berserker: none
Technician: increased heat buildup maybe_
Reaper: none
Sharpshooter: none
Raider: none
Predator: shooting or boosting temporarily disables cloak, getting shot disables cloak and resets cooldown
Bruiser: none
Assault/CR-T: none

#19 SuperTeddyBear

SuperTeddyBear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:32 PM

I've been using Bruiser for several days and the disadvantage to its ability seems to be that it's pretty useless. It lasts like 5 seconds and I don't have any way of measuring the damage reduced but I dont' feel any difference.

For Infiltrators, I stopped using it the first day I tried it a few weeks ago because I'd be seen right away after firing and die almost immediately. Maybe I need to put more points into armor or movement, or I suck at it. I've seen people in Infiltrators survive so many hits and get lots of kills. But one thing I'm not sure about is some Infiltrators will fire on me and I see the EOC and bullets  coming at me but I don't see any mech or radar for several seconds. I thought maybe I wasn't pointed in the right direction and maybe they were hiding behind a wall to block radar but this has happened in open areas of the map. This seems to happen with Infiltrator players with high scores. Is this some kind of bug_ Or is there a delay with losing cloak after firing_ I never had a delay when trying Infiltrator.

Edited by SuperTeddyBear, December 24 2013 - 11:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users