HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any thoughts on the Grenadier mech (and other things)_

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted December 21 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostCoboxite, on December 21 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Don't discredit HEAT Gren. It can rapid fire shots to its hearts content, and it becomes a potent tank in turret form.

I was actually liking the look of Heat Grenadier.  It seemed like a literal tank (come ot think of it, so did rocketeer) when I saw vids of it.  Oh, by the way, does the Heat Cannon still give off AoE damage around you if you charge it up before you die_

#22 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted December 23 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on December 21 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Don't discredit HEAT Gren. It can rapid fire shots to its hearts content, and it becomes a potent tank in turret form.

I was actually liking the look of Heat Grenadier.  It seemed like a literal tank (come ot think of it, so did rocketeer) when I saw vids of it.  Oh, by the way, does the Heat Cannon still give off AoE damage around you if you charge it up before you die_

Bump...... :c Can someone with experience with the heat cannon give me an answer_  Pretty please with a cherry on top_ c:

Thanks to whomever answers the question.

-Hijinks The Curious Turtle

#23 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 03:09 PM

Gosh I didn't play in so long I don't even remember internals or the items LOL. But I can tell you this... max out heatsinks and spam the fck out of the Vulcan

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on December 23 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on December 21 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Bump...... :c Can someone with experience with the heat cannon give me an answer_  Pretty please with a cherry on top_ c:

Thanks to whomever answers the question.

-Hijinks The Curious Turtle
Er... heat cannon is ... tricky... lets say its not in the best shape... it could be devastating but you have to master it... which is hard... I just took vulcan because of pesky face huggers(when i played ... im retired now as you can see in my sig)

Edited by Bazookagofer, December 24 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#24 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted December 25 2013 - 05:37 AM

Thanks BazookaGofer!  I'll try my best to master heat cannon!

#25 CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted December 25 2013 - 08:50 AM

As far as items, find what works best for you, try and supplement your weaknesses with items. The tuning tips provided so far are pretty good.

Grenadier really shines in Siege and on some maps in MA and TDM. Support your team and don't get caught on the front lines, try and spread your shots when shooting at a clustered team otherwise you will make it far too easy to dodge your bombardments.

Majority of your damage will come from your GL so make sure every shot counts. The Grenadier's primaries all build heat very quickly so be careful with how much you use them, you never know when someone might get in close, that is when you really need the most heat capacity. Even with the short cool down with cooling units, overheating in a close in fight can get you killed really easily. Proper positioning with the grenadier, much like other C-classes and in some respects more so, is very very important.

When using rev-GL A-classes will try and pounce on you a lot. Don't get caught up trying to bounce rev-gls at the a class. Make sure you hit them directly in the face with your GL every time, it will make short work of them.

Each individual rev-gl nade and GL nade does substantial damage if you hit someone with it so keep that in mind (direct damage > splash). Be patient wait for their dodges and hit them at the end of their dodge (you can also try and force dodges with rev-gl and then hit them with GL when they can't dodge), don't put all your energy into trying to pre fire where you think they will dodge, focus on getting reliable direct hits.

Hope this helps!

#26 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted December 27 2013 - 09:49 AM

A bit of fair warning if you decide to pick up Rev-Gl.  Weapon loader only affects firing speed, not projectile velocity. Heatsinks aren't really worth investing into when using the rev-gl unless you're going failsafe facehugging, max cooling units are much better with the rev since you can use items to continue fighting the dps race while you're overheating. At distance the Rev-Gl and secondary grenade launcher have noticeable differences in launch velocity and bouncing properties; the rev has more vertical bounce but falls faster while the grenade launcher has less overall bounce but can be remotely detonated and can roll on the ground for a bit. Of coures you're gonna want to be in choke points or around walls to abuse the bouncing properties of your grenades, but learning how to calculate and land airshots will drastically improve your performance with the rev.  Prosk's highway bridge, Origin's jumpads, and Facilitie's roofs are great ways to learn how to lead your shots with the grenade launchers especially Prosk and Facility when you want to get better at landing airshots without the aid of walls.
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#27 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted December 28 2013 - 12:46 PM

@^

Thanks!  I just got the Grenadier and it's tough as heck to use the Rev GL and at the same time use the GL perfectly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users