HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A New Recruit's Guide to Teamwork

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Master_Kai

Master_Kai

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted May 26 2014 - 09:37 PM

I didn't read any of this!
"I always use turret mode in hallways!"

#62 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted May 26 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostMaster_Kai, on May 26 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

I didn't read any of this!

Me either!

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#63 SlightlyBuzzed

SlightlyBuzzed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA - Colorado

Posted June 01 2014 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image
The key to happiness is low expectations.

#64 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted June 24 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on December 23 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Sacrificing Armor for the Team

2. Blocking enemy fire is just as important as giving it.      

A: A retreating friendly with low health is a priority target for the enemy. The worst thing you can do is obstruct your teams retreating path. For instance, if you have full armor (or close to it), block that incoming firing so it hits you instead of friendlies. Post-steam; With the new TTK i cant recommend this strategy for A classes, hehe :D   

B: In the instance where a retreating friendly is being hunted by an enemy. Block that enemies path with your mech, obstruct his path or face hug, do whatever you must so that the hunter does not gain a clean shot on your ally.

How I wish more people would do that...  When I arrive in a fight where my ally is almost dead and running for their life, I boldly get between the teammate and the enemy to block their line of sight.  I don't dodge.  It helps me keep a consistent good aim and it makes me look like an easy target, which is good because I want them to fight me.  Sometimes my teammate survives, some rarer times not.

When I'm the one in trouble, my greatly helpful teammates generally do one of two things.

1) They shoot but walk backwards or on the sides, maybe even dodging.  They weaken their accuracy to make themselves harder to hit, even though nobody's shooting at them.

2) They show compassion for my plight by trying to catch a nearby innocent pink butterfly in order to sacrifice it in my name.  (They think the radar is too hard to use for anyone who isn't a pro.)

[heroic tale]
In Facility, I was in the hall next to the jump pad and knew a nearby teammate was running away from a slightly wounded enemy.  The teammate took the hall I was in and kept running straight for me.  I jumped and hovered to let him through.  Surprisingly, it worked.  The enemy then showed up before the entrance and took a brief pause, obviously surprised to see me and unsure how to proceed, in addition to the realization that it was impossible to follow his prey further.  I said hello! and killed him.  My teammate survived.  It was my best Hawken moment ever.
[/heroic tale]

Unfortunately, people tend to be afraid of getting hurt in games, especially on NA servers.  When I fuzzy bunny up and get shot at by 5 enemies right in front of my team and I dance around for the last 10 seconds of my life, it's often the same scenario of everyone shooting defensively instead of taking this opportunity to focus on accuracy and damage.

Edited by Barbie_in_a_Mech, June 24 2014 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image

#65 Cyberbeastx

Cyberbeastx

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMechoVerse

Posted July 22 2014 - 01:45 PM

I took the time and read the full thread, Nice topic and nice read. Well worth the time.

Posted Image

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz) | 32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz | 1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s) | Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled | Razer Naga Epic | Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 | LG - 27" IPS LED HD Monitor

#66 xX7thXx

xX7thXx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted October 14 2014 - 12:03 PM

Thank God someone made a noob guide this detailed. Ever since VOIP stopped working it has been near impossible to impart good tactics to my team on the fly.

#67 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted October 14 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostxX7thXx, on October 14 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Thank God someone made a noob guide this detailed. Ever since VOIP stopped working it has been near impossible to impart good tactics to my team on the fly.

My pleasure friend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#68 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted October 14 2014 - 02:24 PM

Been in since Alpha but an excellent read and reminder!
Certainly some timely reminders for me!

#69 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play