HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

det + he: Please make incompatible

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 10:53 AM

dear developers,

Please make det class item incompatible with he class item in the same way that det3 is incompatible with det2/det1.

The two items do the same thing, and in tandem can yield an overbearing burst.

So, instead of us having a conversation of how burst is too big and nerfing something like tow to compensate, maybe do the smart thing and not allow two alpha strike items on same mech_

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:07 AM

If you're dumb enough to stand around to get hit with both a Det and an HE Charge within a span of a couple seconds without reacting, well, I don't know what to say. Detonator and HE Charge are both explosives, and yes they do the same thing - they both deal damage. However, the style in which you use them are different. Det is a mini-TOW and HE Charge requires quite a bit of skill to use effectively. I don't see a problem with the setup.

In essence, it would be just like pre-Ascension when you were limited to just one "Offensive" item. The devs purposely changed that around to allow more playstyles, like if you wanted to carry around a shield and blockade for an ultimate defensive item setup, or if you wanted Det and HE Charge for max burst potential, or if you wanted to carry around Det, EMP, and Shield for a well-rounded item setup.

Don't want to sound accusing, but you sound like you've been on the receiving end of several of these combinations and don't like dying from them.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted December 24 2013 - 11:30 AM

not

View PostSilverfire, on December 24 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Don't want to sound accusing, but you sound like you've been on the receiving end of several of these combinations and don't like dying from them.

not really. Havn't seen this setup yet. Just thinking that approx 300 damage from items in one go can be quite the punishment. I think mostly the internal item cooldown prevents the abuse from being too big.

#4 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted December 24 2013 - 12:48 PM

I haven't really seen this as an issue. As you said the short cooldown mitigates the problem a lot. Shields and repair charge combos are far worse.

I haven't seen many he grenades. In fact I only really know of one that hit me. I was repairing and took my hand off the mouse to scratch my nuts when an inf jumped me.

There are far worse item combos than det+he imo.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#5 Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted December 24 2013 - 01:17 PM

Especially with fail safe on a raider who blitz at you in your shield, pop those items and was charging his main and also shot it's secondary at the same time, but again, it's a play style. Not sure what to think, I get the point, but it's the same with missile turret and assault turret...
Don't forget to check your oil, believe me you don't want your launcher to jam !!

#6 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted December 24 2013 - 01:35 PM

The item cooldown and time interval between two item usage negates that alpha strike capability of a Det + HE charge combination because only really an idiot (or a turreted C class) would stand there and take it. Provided you know how to dodge in Hawken, it's fairly easy to avoid the full damage from both of those items.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#7 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted December 24 2013 - 02:23 PM

the way the H.E. charge is, since it can't be detonated.......

no...
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#8 marshrover

marshrover

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted July 20 2014 - 12:17 AM

The HE charge is quite different from the detonator since it can bounce off walls while the detonator can't. Also the detonator has a lot more splach radius than the HE charge by what I can tell.
*Health critical*
*Initiate contingency plan GTFO*
*Blitz active*

#9 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 10 2014 - 10:11 AM

View Postmarshrover, on July 20 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

The HE charge is quite different from the detonator since it can bounce off walls while the detonator can't. Also the detonator has a lot more splach radius than the HE charge by what I can tell.

Necro..

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users