HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How (not) to Play Siege

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted July 27 2014 - 10:06 AM

That was indeed a perfect display.  You all got carried wonderfully by one guy.
Everyone had 500 points at the end except one guy on your team who had 1000 points.

That's why I can't stand siege.  The winning team just stays together on AA and if your team is considerably weaker there's pretty much nothing you can do.  You can't even find a way to have fun to make the game less of a total chore to play.  Not rushing alone isn't good enough if the differences in skill level and contextual mech usefulness are too far apart.  People on the losing team blame it on teammates and bad teamplay when the game just cannot be won.  Shooting the ship wouldn't help either if the team is unable to ever win the AA fight.

And playing on the winning side is the most boring thing in Hawken when the enemy team doesn't have any chance.
Well, second most boring.  Playing on the losing team in siege is the worst.

Edited by Barbie_in_a_Mech, July 27 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Posted Image

#22 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted July 27 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostBarbie_in_a_Mech, on July 27 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

That was indeed a perfect display.  You all got carried wonderfully by one guy.
Everyone had 500 points at the end except one guy on your team who had 1000 points.

That's why I can't stand siege.  The winning team just stays together on AA and if your team is considerably weaker there's pretty much nothing you can do.  You can't even find a way to have fun to make the game less of a total chore to play.  Not rushing alone isn't good enough if the differences in skill level and contextual mech usefulness are too far apart.  People on the losing team blame it on teammates and bad teamplay when the game just cannot be won.  Shooting the ship wouldn't help either if the team is unable to ever win the AA fight.

And playing on the winning side is the most boring thing in Hawken when the enemy team doesn't have any chance.
Well, second most boring.  Playing on the losing team in siege is the worst.
How is TDM any different when your team is considerably weaker_

#23 Barbie_in_a_Mech

Barbie_in_a_Mech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationHidden in your bedroom, gathering intel for your sister.

Posted July 27 2014 - 06:53 PM

TDM matches are shorter.  Also, when teammates lack general combat skill, I find that easy to excuse, but if they clearly don't understand how siege/MA work, I find that inexcusable.  Learning how to fight in FPS games takes time for those who are not used to it.  Learning how the different modes work and how to have a minimum of efficiency shouldn't be difficult nor take long.

Of course, everything besides the length of the games is just my personal view.

Edited by Barbie_in_a_Mech, July 27 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

#24 GustoSpiegel

GustoSpiegel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 28 2014 - 09:50 AM

we didnt get carried, he just kept killing thats what it is.  There was no carrying here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users