HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator Vs Infiltrator

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted January 01 2014 - 10:50 PM

Infiltrator is better but predator is more fun (and a beast if you land all your shots).
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#22 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 11:06 PM

Infiltrator=high burst=high speed= good primaries= good secondary=670 HP which is a lot of HP for an A Class= good 1 v 1 capabilities= good in team play= can do every job the predator can but faster and more effectively

Predator= high burst but it usually fails because too much variables are in the equation= slower then infiltrator= good primaries= secondary sucks BAD= not much more HP then Infiltrator= not much 1 v 1 capability= dead weight to your team

Overall = Infiltrator>Predator in practically everything.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#23 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 02 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on January 01 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

Infiltrator=high burst=high speed= good primaries= good secondary=670 HP which is a lot of HP for an A Class= good 1 v 1 capabilities= good in team play= can do every job the predator can but faster and more effectively

Predator= high burst but it usually fails because too much variables are in the equation= slower then infiltrator= good primaries= secondary sucks BAD= not much more HP then Infiltrator= not much 1 v 1 capability= dead weight to your team

Overall = Infiltrator>Predator in practically everything.

Pretty much this, I main infil and I will also completely refute the Pred beats infil comment hands down. Unless a pred gets lucky and I don't spot a mine stack because I am either engaging or retreating to reengage on better terrain I do not die to them. Even when they walk up behind me and try to pull an alpha I normally walk away with 100hp and another kill because A. I can detonate my mine midair and B. The heat values on the pred are garbage, if I am dodging even halfway effectively the pred will overheat years before I will. That is of course if it is a prolonged fight and not just me turning and walking all over their face.
Posted Image

#24 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted January 02 2014 - 11:45 AM

PREPARE FOR A WALL O' TEXT

Personally, I think the Predator and the Infiltrator are equal in terms of what they're meant to do in-game, but I do think that you should be able to detonate EOC-Predator pucks mid-air.

Also, I think (with the Predator cloak) that when you get shot it should, instead of kicking you out of cloak, go into the "Transitional Phase" (i.e. The bit when you've got all the light blue spots all over your mech - when you're going from clear to invis) and then back to invisibility again, shortly after. During this phase it acts as if you're just a normal mech (e.g.you appear on the radar when shooting and boosting).

The reason I'm saying this is because, personally, I'm fed up of having one Scout/Brawler/mech-with-FLAK-type-weaponry shooting off a long range flak and then being kicked from my invisibility, having only taken 1 damage. I find this extremely annoying, and I think this could solve it, as is shows your position without stopping your ability for 15-20 seconds(depending on how much HC/MC you've put into upgrading it).

Personally I also prefer the Breacher on the Predator for it's higher attack damage :)
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#25 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 10:03 AM

THe thing is that, while infil is better at making kills, pred is a MUCH better boogie man. You can easily scramble the opponents forces with good team co-ordination. 1v1 the pred isn't very good, but it's an invaluable team mate.

#26 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted January 28 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostOnyxmizer, on January 28 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

THe thing is that, while infil is better at making kills, pred is a MUCH better boogie man. You can easily scramble the opponents forces with good team co-ordination. 1v1 the pred isn't very good, but it's an invaluable team mate.
Boogie man who can't easily defend himself go BOOM. And my team keeps advancing.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#27 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted January 30 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostBazookagofer, on January 28 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostOnyxmizer, on January 28 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Boogie man who can't easily defend himself go BOOM. And my team keeps advancing.

Oh, true. What really sucks is where the pred is limited (ie: mobility, heat) are the places you have to compensate for with your precious internal slots instead of improving what it's already good at. So you're stuck with a mediocer killer, and exelent distraction, and a half finished mech :

Honestly, I feel like it's comparing grapes and grapfruits.

I still think the pred is MUCH more fun to play than infil imho. Breacher is super satisfying.

#28 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted January 30 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostFakeName, on December 30 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

both are bad, bugged and have weird tunings.
If you think that, you are obviously playing the Infil/Pred wrong. Both are the stalkers of the battlefield, and both are equipped with some of the most powerful weapons.  

Plus you can't detonate mines in midair.
That's just plain incorrect. I've killed myself many an enemy by spamming mines around my enemies and then detonating them when they are close. The EOC Pred mines have HUGE splash.

Posted Image

#29 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted January 30 2014 - 03:40 PM

I much prefer Predator over Infiltrator.
I usually kill infiltrators in pred most days.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#30 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted January 30 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostPreternatural, on January 30 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

If you think that, you are obviously playing the Infil/Pred wrong. Both are the stalkers of the battlefield, and both are equipped with some of the most powerful weapons.  

That's just plain incorrect. I've killed myself many an enemy by spamming mines around my enemies and then detonating them when they are close. The EOC Pred mines have HUGE splash.

You obviously play in low MMR matches because in HIGH MMR matches everyone will see the cloaking and I was talking about air combat, not about the good splash radius.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#31 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted January 31 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostFakeName, on January 30 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

You obviously play in low MMR matches because in HIGH MMR matches everyone will see the cloaking and I was talking about air combat, not about the good splash radius.
Lel my MMR is around 1850.. So it's not as if I'm playing against a bunch of n00bs.

You probably have bad aim. (I do too) :) Hitting your shots is the most important part of playing any mech. No weapons are bad, only the player.

No offense, of course.

Edited by Preternatural, January 31 2014 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image

#32 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted January 31 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostPreternatural, on January 31 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on January 30 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Lel my MMR is around 1850.. So it's not as if I'm playing against a bunch of n00bs.

You probably have bad aim. (I do too) :) Hitting your shots is the most important part of playing any mech. No weapons are bad, only the player.

No offense, of course.

With one exception: RedOX

However my MMR is around 2200 and the only cloak I myself didn't see was Xacius cloak. He was the first one who used the cloak right but however beeing in sight of the enemy while moving cloaked will make you clearly visible so the only thing you can do is standing still which is pretty useless and even then you are seen by most of the enemies.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#33 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted February 02 2014 - 12:09 AM

Edit: Steam patch nulled most of this.

Edited by MechCraft, February 07 2014 - 07:15 PM.

Beware of ninjas.

#34 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 07 2014 - 05:00 AM

Why does everyone keep saying stuff about laying traps, you should lay mines ON people or at their feet..
(atleast, that's how I get my score)

I can get  about the same score with my Pred as with my Scout, which is pretty much the top of the scoreboard.
..Atleast, before the HP nerf.

Don't know if I'll be able to be as good with the HP nerfs, but I expect to make alot of kills when I get home in a few hours.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#35 LordTemujin

LordTemujin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted February 07 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostMeraple, on February 07 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

Why does everyone keep saying stuff about laying traps, you should lay mines ON people or at their feet..
(atleast, that's how I get my score)

I can get  about the same score with my Pred as with my Scout, which is pretty much the top of the scoreboard.
..Atleast, before the HP nerf.

Don't know if I'll be able to be as good with the HP nerfs, but I expect to make alot of kills when I get home in a few hours.

Mate, I know what you are trying to say and the reason nobody mentions it is: BECAUSE IT IS OBVIOUS. The mine is your secondary, when in a direct fight with somebody you are obviously going to be shooting somebody with it. Either direct damage(my preference) or laying it in their dodge path or right in front of them.

This is basic CQC with a pred. People who were asking about mine traps_ Know how to CQC, they just want to learn how to be sneaky and get kills because that isn't what they normally do.
Posted Image

#36 GaryFaceman

GaryFaceman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 17 2014 - 04:36 AM

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the EOC-P. I love the pred, but that weapon feels so wonky, especially compared to other weapons, and especially especially when firing in unison with your other weapon. The thing just requires you to aim in a completely different place, something most other mechs don't have to contend with. For me, that makes the EOC-P feel very sluggish and muddy.

Edited by GaryWolf, February 17 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#37 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 08:48 AM

I don't have an issue using the EOC P, maybe increase ur aim ability

Edited by Lightangel112, February 19 2014 - 07:17 AM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#38 Onyxmizer

Onyxmizer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 09:09 AM

Pred is top-mid tier now. No question. No idea where the infiltrator stands tho

Edited by Onyxmizer, February 18 2014 - 09:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users