HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

January Update: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted January 11 2014 - 07:04 AM

Great work team HWK ! ;)  I'm very happy that they have found a way to bring back teamwork into siege matches which was non-existent until this patch unless you're with friends or clanmates! :D I'm also glad to hear that we're getting server quality columns in the server browser too,
Now that it wont be so frustrating in matches with randoms!

Thumbs up guys and keep up the good work! :D
Posted Image

#42 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 11 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on January 11 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

View PostSuicideNeil, on January 10 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

Okay, let's break it down:

2) I see nothing about the Deconstruction beam on the Technician being nerfed_

I would hazard a guess that the Reconstruction beam lock-on angle nerf will also apply to the Deconstruction beam, at least I certainly hope so.  Would be nice to see a range reduction as well, imo.

I think most of the complaints were about the green beam. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the deconstuction beam in a while.

#43 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted January 11 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostMrShade_, on January 11 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

I would hazard a guess that the Reconstruction beam lock-on angle nerf will also apply to the Deconstruction beam, at least I certainly hope so.  Would be nice to see a range reduction as well, imo.

I think most of the complaints were about the green beam. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the deconstuction beam in a while.

Yes, and I'm very thankful for the nerfs to green beam.  I was just responding to his concern about Deconstruction beam, which in all honesty can be pretty annoying still.  Hopefully the smaller lock-on angle will be reasonable solution for both parties.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#44 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on January 11 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostMrShade_, on January 11 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Yes, and I'm very thankful for the nerfs to green beam.  I was just responding to his concern about Deconstruction beam, which in all honesty can be pretty annoying still.  Hopefully the smaller lock-on angle will be reasonable solution for both parties.
It's pretty easy to simply beat the deconstruction beam's DPS and HPS these days, as it should be.  Battle techs aren't really a threat except when you're already wounded from someone else.  I would still like to see a narrower lock on for it, but it isn't really a problem to me.

Edited by WarlordZ, January 11 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#45 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted January 11 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hey, I can't wait to try out Siege. I have always enjoyed the game mode despite its frustrations but these changes should have a very positive impact and bring a bit of balance to the outcomes. Great work!

I have to be honest though, I do like to tinker and I will miss the ability to fine tune my Mech.

**reaches for a box of Lego**

:D

I am looking forward to these patches as I always do Team[HWK].
Posted Image

#46 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted January 11 2014 - 12:56 PM

Gotta say I'm pretty excited!

In the matchmaking, I hope that the "dynamic rating against a server based on multiple conditions" will include one very important aspect: PING.

Tech: Do I read it rite that tech's receiving a buff for normal healing and nerf for the special ability_ Honestly, I don't mind (except that I'm prolly gonna have to buy air compressor to replace now useless replenisher), but I can imagine the community whining at how OP the tech is again. But hey, "static" tuning is coming soon as well, perhaps the preset will have only 5 or so points in repair torch, balancing it out (and further nerfing the ability, heh). Can't wait to see what's gonna happen.

Less sticky beam = good step. Now can we maybe get something similar to hellfires, please_ I know it's pretty old topic, but I had to ask...

Siege: Looking good and from the notes I see how little I knew about current Siege (the battleships can actually attack each other_ The EU trees have a capacity_ Mind blown!). Is there maybe some kind of rulesheet out there that explains Siege in details_ Not that I need one with my Siege W/L, though...

Posted Image
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#47 SpaceChicken

SpaceChicken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 01:18 AM

They listend to our issues with the tech! Gotta find something new to qq about now.

#48 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostZaxik, on January 11 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Not that I need one with my Siege W/L, though...

Posted Image

All I see is that you've played siege 249 too many times.

#49 Zero000

Zero000

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 04:01 PM

Developer's Note: We have reworked some of how Siege Mode functions with the goal of more accurately reflecting how close a match was and to also reduce some of the frustrations that players can experience with the mode. It was very easy to get the wrong impression about how close a match was when viewing a final result (such as 3000 to 0) and a landslide victory could be suggested even though the match might have been much closer in reality.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Holy Cow patties[/font]! After all this time! Siege mode is being fixed! OMFG!
Less 3000-0 defeats or wins!
My only question is: WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG TO FIX THIS MODE_
This is plus in the right direction but you still need to realy fix every one standing still like sitting targets shooting at the ship while the enemy blows you away. It was the consant 3000-0 or 0-3000 matches is why I stoped playing siege.

#50 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted January 12 2014 - 04:09 PM

The changes to siege mode are another proof that the team listens to the player base. The adjustments to the battleship turrets fall exactly in line with past requests made, and I must say thank-you for removing one of my prime objections to (and frustrations with) the mode design.

#51 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted January 13 2014 - 06:01 PM

Interesting. Might have to get back into this after patch.

#52 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 13 2014 - 11:53 PM

While we are in the spirit of siege changes, can we ADD another base turret to Last Eco_ The base defense on that map is really bad - the worst of all of them.

Also, when gathering EU, make the green beam attach itself to the back of your mech and not your face haha, would be nice too xD

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#53 andythebomb

andythebomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Location24

Posted January 14 2014 - 01:18 AM

Goodness a lot of exited brown moist noses for a paltry patch that would be considered nothing more than a hot fix in games with more active dev teams.

I suppose the hawken must truly be starved of meaningful updates if this is spurring some of you into a leg humping frenzy.

#54 PR_503ak

PR_503ak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 14 2014 - 05:01 AM

любопытно...

#55 Xeroh

Xeroh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 14 2014 - 07:01 AM

New players to HAWKEN will have better experience than previously by seeing the difficulty of their opponents slowly ramp up as they start winning or their rating drop more quickly if they’re struggling. New players will not have immediate access to the Server Browser.

So what if there isn't enough new players for this_ Wouldn't they need access to the Server Browser to play..._

#56 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 14 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostXeroh, on January 14 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

New players to HAWKEN will have better experience than previously by seeing the difficulty of their opponents slowly ramp up as they start winning or their rating drop more quickly if they’re struggling. New players will not have immediate access to the Server Browser.
So what if there isn't enough new players for this_ Wouldn't they need access to the Server Browser to play..._
No, they would get into matches via Quick Match, which would ensure that they start out fighting other newbies.

Edited by WarlordZ, January 14 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#57 Badb0y

Badb0y

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted January 14 2014 - 10:57 AM

Are these changes coming in this patch_
  • Pilot Progression and Matchmaking
  • Reworking Mech Ranks
  • Removal of Tuning Points
  • Removal of Mech Unlocks
  • Return of Mech Test Drives

Edited by Badb0y, January 14 2014 - 10:57 AM.

.:  I'm Bad :.

Posted Image

#58 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted January 14 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostBadb0y, on January 14 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

• Reworking Mech Ranks

No, that's February.

View Postandythebomb, on January 14 2014 - 01:18 AM, said:

Goodness a lot of exited brown moist noses for a paltry patch that would be considered nothing more than a hot fix in games with more active dev teams.

I suppose the hawken must truly be starved of meaningful updates if this is spurring some of you into a leg humping frenzy.

It's excited*, you typed exited, not the same word.

Oh look more commentary from an expert of game design, and an authority on how to code/debug/QA a complete rework of an existing game mode.  Why don't you give us a first glimpse of the amazing project you are working on that will put the hard work of ADH to shame and make us all say 'SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

Oh, that's right, you're talking out your ass again, please just leave, you weren't missed.

Edited by burns1124, January 14 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#59 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 14 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostBadb0y, on January 14 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

• Reworking Mech Ranks
Feb patch

#60 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 14 2014 - 02:04 PM

*crank crank crank*

26Kb/s download.... great.. (Best wishes from Spain) Used to be around 600 Kb/s up until now... but fracking today.. Ok; c'est la vie.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users