HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

January Update: Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted January 10 2014 - 07:35 PM

I honestly don't know what to say about this i feel disappointed and like i'm on a roller coaster of emotion.

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#22 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted January 10 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostRequiem132, on January 10 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

I honestly don't know what to say about this i feel disappointed and like i'm on a roller coaster of emotion.

we'll get through this bro, just hang in there

Posted Image

#23 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 10 2014 - 08:09 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on January 10 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on January 10 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

What happened to 6v6 matchmaking_

Currently planned for next month's release.

Unintentional announcement by ZC. lol 6v6 party coming back with party match making coming in the next patch after this one.

edit: I know he ZC didn't say that exactly but still :lol:

Edited by ShadowWarg, January 10 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#24 leviestrada

leviestrada

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted January 10 2014 - 08:30 PM

I like these changes, its good to know that siege mode is changing, but for what I see siege mode  is going to seem like MA  (everything delivers damage to the base) besides with this, the siege matches will be a little less prolonged
2014-02-15_00007.jpg
btw I love playing -smiley mustached face-

#25 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted January 10 2014 - 09:02 PM

Technician changes seem good. They might actually need some skill to use properly now! Who knows, maybe I might enjoy playing mine finally.

The Siege changes sound good too. Maybe not a perfect fix to the gametype, but way better than it is now. I will definitely have to play some more Siege after the patch.

And the server browser changes should really help too. One of the biggest problems with the current one is how it basically circumvents the matchmaking processes, and makes the whole system fail. But having a system of degrees for what servers are available will really help. I think that it also needs to show wheter the server is higher or lower in skill/level than you as well. That way, you can still join a one star server that is higher than you if you want a challenge, but avoid joining the lower ones.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#26 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted January 10 2014 - 09:23 PM

Posted Image

#27 SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted January 10 2014 - 09:43 PM

Okay, let's break it down:

1) there is still nothing to stop low level players joining higher ranked servers if they use the server browser- this is still not good enough, we need to segregate the skill levels. ( problem is though, not enough players to do this really as player retention is poor; *cough* ascension patch *cough* ).

2) I see nothing about the Deconstruction beam on the Technician being nerfed_

3) Siege changes are interesting, will have to see if that makes any real difference to how some people actually play though- I suspect it won't.

I suggest an incentive to make people want to go AA- XP awarded for time spent inside the control radius, with far fewer points for kills/damage done by players outside of it to those inside. This will force players to go AA if they want to score any points.

We still need vote to kick to get rid of the leeches and Eu farmers who take no part in trying to control the AA though- if you give us Auto-switch to even out teams ( because you saw it on another game ) but we didn't want it, why can't you give us team vote-to-kick to get rid of the useless time wasters_ No seriously, why not_ if it's a team decision, it won't be open to so much abuse I'd have thought.

#28 JadenErius

JadenErius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted January 10 2014 - 09:58 PM

anyone know when this will actually be deployed_
Blowing stuff up is awesome :P

#29 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostSuicideNeil, on January 10 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

I suggest an incentive to make people want to go AA- XP awarded for time spent inside the control radius, with far fewer points for kills/damage done by players outside of it to those inside. This will force players to go AA if they want to score any points.

^
this
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

#30 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:10 PM

Good news ; so far I like all what I read :D I'm excited to Siege 2.0 !!! Good job guys , thanks !

Posted Image

#31 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:25 PM

meeeeh, nothing really important.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#32 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted January 10 2014 - 10:54 PM

You have my attention...break my heart and pain will follow.......

Sounds like you guys are thinking hard back at the office.....Good stuff......
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#33 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted January 10 2014 - 11:34 PM

View Postecaflip, on January 10 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

^
this

It already works that way. You do get bonus for sitting on the AA and even more bonus when you kill someone while holding the AA.

Edit: My one real criticism about this is that I don't see anything indicating that EU gathering and AA defending are no longer separate. I haven't played Siege since near the beginning of OB because I hate it that much. One of the reason was because it was always gather EU -> launch one ship -> the EU generators would stop giving EU so you where forced to go and fight over the EU. The problem with this was that the team that launch their ship first normally won because they had the ship's guns laying down cover fire on top of them already setting up camp in the AA. The defending team then had there attention split trying to take out the guns and fighting over the AA. (maybe all of this will be fixed now that the guns no longer target players) You had no option to prep your own ship to either help provide cover fire for fighting over the AA or to at least slow down the enemy ship.

Has this been changed at all or is siege still like this_ Where you can't gather EU and defend the AA at the same time.

Edited by ShadowWarg, January 11 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#34 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted January 10 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on January 10 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postecaflip, on January 10 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

^
this

It already works that way. You do get bonus for sitting on the AA and even more bonus when you kill someone while holding the AA.
and now, when you will need less energy, aa becomes even more important!

Edited by Ker4u, January 10 2014 - 11:47 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#35 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 12:33 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on January 10 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on January 10 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

What happened to 6v6 matchmaking_

Currently planned for next month's release.

Best news!

Posted Image

#36 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted January 11 2014 - 01:11 AM

Okay, let's break it down:

1) there is still nothing to stop low level players joining higher ranked servers if they use the server browser- this is still not good enough, we need to segregate the skill levels. ( problem is though, not enough players to do this really as player retention is poor; *cough* ascension patch *cough* ).

"We block players from joining a server that has no stars and warn players attempting to join a 1 star server that it is a poor qualitative choice for them."

Depending on how this works, it may block servers beyond a certain upper threshold.  Also, why is Ascension blamed for the population getting somewhat smaller_  It was launched around the same time school starts up again for many people, which means fewer people will be playing as often as they are on summer break regardless of whether or not they like it.  Populations grow and shrink all the time for f2p games anyway, save very few exceptions.

2) I see nothing about the Deconstruction beam on the Technician being nerfed_

I would hazard a guess that the Reconstruction beam lock-on angle nerf will also apply to the Deconstruction beam, at least I certainly hope so.  Would be nice to see a range reduction as well, imo.

3) Siege changes are interesting, will have to see if that makes any real difference to how some people actually play though- I suspect it won't.

I suspect it actually will make a significant difference.  The EU resource generation being changed will play a big role, as well as the changes to the way ships damage the base and each other.  Not so sure about the changes to AA functionality, but not going to judge it until I play it.

What ShadowWarg said.

We still need vote to kick to get rid of the leeches and Eu farmers who take no part in trying to control the AA though- if you give us Auto-switch to even out teams ( because you saw it on another game ) but we didn't want it, why can't you give us team vote-to-kick to get rid of the useless time wasters_ No seriously, why not_ if it's a team decision, it won't be open to so much abuse I'd have thought.

This is a dangerous and unnecessary function to ask for.  Not only could it be abused by parties, it would punish people simply for being inexperienced.  You have to remember that not everyone is a seasoned Siege player.  It's a somewhat unique game mode with varying objectives that isn't very intuitive to the average newcomer.  Try being constructive and helpful, teaching them about Siege rather than just assuming they should know what to do.  Anyhow it seems like EU farming will be less of a problem with the new EU system.

Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#37 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted January 11 2014 - 01:50 AM

I am greatly encouraged by the changes so far.  Matchmaking, Siege and Tech changes are significant responses to community feedback. Many thanks to the HWK team for your hard work and dedication.

Edited by caduceus26, January 11 2014 - 01:53 AM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#38 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted January 11 2014 - 04:09 AM

All sounds good to me. Can't comment on Siege because I never play it. Good adjustments to matchmaking, should improve things a lot.

#39 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted January 11 2014 - 05:17 AM

Destroying enemy battleship turrets will now reduce the damage taken by your battleship and base

Battleship turrets no longer attack players. The battleship will only attack the enemy battleship and base.
good

Decreased cost to launch first battleship from 800 to 500 EU
two brawlers launch ship in 1 minute =D

well, siege changes seems not bad :C

#40 Zhoyzu

Zhoyzu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 06:24 AM

WOW this is incredible i had expected all aspect of hawken to have fallen away and left a skeleton of corruption and decay. good to see this skeleton can still grow some skin!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users