HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Instant dodge on incoming fire

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Condor2010

Condor2010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 01:16 AM

In close combat, many players can pull off a dodge the instant (seemingly like one video frame after) I fire a TOW, detonator, grenade, etc. at them.  Some may say they are "anticipating" my timing, but it happens far too often to merely be a lucky guess or prediction as to when I'm going to fire, and too fast to be a legit reaction to seeing my weapon actually being fired.  They either have ESP or some tool that automatically dodges for them when an incoming weapon is fired/gets close.  I hope the developers are watching closely for this kind of thing.

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted January 24 2014 - 01:23 AM

It could be, but it is really easy to anticipate enemy weapon fire, you just have to feel the reload time of the weapons.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#3 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted January 24 2014 - 01:47 AM

I sometimes dodge a frame before the enemy fires a TOW. That's called prediction xD

#4 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted January 24 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostCondor2010, on January 24 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

In close combat, many players can pull off a dodge the instant (seemingly like one video frame after) I fire a TOW, detonator, grenade, etc. at them.  Some may say they are "anticipating" my timing, but it happens far too often to merely be a lucky guess or prediction as to when I'm going to fire, and too fast to be a legit reaction to seeing my weapon actually being fired.  They either have ESP or some tool that automatically dodges for them when an incoming weapon is fired/gets close.  I hope the developers are watching closely for this kind of thing.

dont forget Ping differences. Because they is no, and it  never will be, ping compensation in Hawken, it is very easy for an player with low Ping to dodge a Tow from a high Ping Player. Even only 40ms difference will give the low Ping player a massive advantage. Thats why only stupid EU Players, like myself sometimes, playing on US Servers. Geting fuzzy bunny and helping US players to increase they MMR.

So the conclusion is. Never play comp Matches if your Ping is over 100, while little scout/reaper buggerz with 40ms ping gaying arround and score easy peasy on your slowmotion high ping mech.

Play on you region with good ping and you will see, if you doin good, that your weapons do really good DPS and they will be no more magic dodging or fly forever indestructible Zerker.

good day

#5 evilMonkeyKING

evilMonkeyKING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 02:17 AM

View Postpalad1ne, on January 24 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

dont forget Ping differences. Because they is no, and it  never will be, ping compensation in Hawken, it is very easy for an player with low Ping to dodge a Tow from a high Ping Player. Even only 40ms difference will give the low Ping player a massive advantage. Thats why only stupid EU Players, like myself sometimes, playing on US Servers. Geting fuzzy bunny and helping US players to increase they MMR.

So the conclusion is. Never play comp Matches if your Ping is over 100, while little scout/reaper buggerz with 40ms ping gaying arround and score easy peasy on your slowmotion high ping mech.

Play on you region with good ping and you will see, if you doin good, that your weapons do really good DPS and they will be no more magic dodging or fly forever indestructible Zerker.

good day
I never gave high ping a thought until today. I was shooting a injured scout that had like 30-50 def left and I had 80-90% on my scout and I ended loosing. I had the crosshair right on the main mass and fire away at point blank over and over and this dude just would not get damage.

#6 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted January 24 2014 - 04:46 AM

@ paladine: It's not always true that high ping(100-150) means bad. It depends on the skill of the opponent your facing.

@evilMonkeyKING: When you are point blank on an enemy you have to angle your weapon and shoot them. For example: If I am using flak point blank i will have to aim the cross hair bit to my right and fire so the weapon is on the enemy rather than your cross hair.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#7 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted January 24 2014 - 05:16 AM

High ping: take a machine gun and shoot the wall while turning. Note the distance between your crosshair and the bullets impacting. Next time you get into a fight lead by the amount. You have to do this for all distances (you have to turn more for close range and less for long range.).

I tend to do it by shooting and noting the delay in time before the shot lands then using that timing to work out my shots from there.

That being said twitch scouts are a pain for high ping players.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#8 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted January 24 2014 - 05:20 AM

I do this all of the time, and even demonstrated this in-house during the playtests at ADH.  It's incredibly easy to anticipate when average players are going to fire their secondary weapons.  They have a set cooldown (coupled with animation queues) and most players aren't patient enough to analyze their opponent's movement and properly wait to fire their weapons.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#9 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted January 24 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostHouruck, on January 24 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

It could be, but it is really easy to anticipate enemy weapon fire, you just have to feel the reload time of the weapons.

I can confirm this is the case

because bow ties are cool

#10 palad1ne

palad1ne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Locationuninstalled

Posted January 25 2014 - 03:12 AM

View Postv009, on January 24 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

@ paladine: It's not always true that high ping(100-150) means bad. It depends on the skill of the opponent your facing.

Thats right voo9. The Ping difference between opponents is the real devil in this story.
I had many good games with Ping over 100. Mostly on US-E servers before noon(CET). Then when the lowpingers are sleeping and the EU players rushing the US-E Region. When everyone has around 120-160 Ping then it could be a nice match. Normally the fun ends when some of the sleepwalkers join with a 40ms Lightspeed double damage Class.
Of course, everyone is trying hard to win. You can have a good match even when the team loose. But its frustrating to loose because of the technical inadequacy this Game has. This  exceeds only when i see a stream of some godlike Matchplay where the only skill of the Player is, that he rush in a game with overwhelmed highpingers. Easy peasy shooting while the other "noobs" get a frustrating painfull leason.

Everyone good ping = good game
Everyone bad Ping = good game

Ping differences over 40ms = unfair MMR pumping

good day

ps..edit

thats also the reason you will rarely see a 2200+ US player on an UK server. They will be hunted down like little pigs. Seen this twice in my short Hawken career. I got so much underdog bonuses that i could buy a new mech for it (ironic exaggeration)

Edited by palad1ne, January 25 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#11 X3P0

X3P0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted January 25 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'd like to add a bit to how ridiculous the original posters ideas are. No cheat exists or will be written to automatically dodge incoming fire, this is not a component of either esp or aimbot. I can guarantee you there is nobody using a program to dodge incoming projectiles or secondaries. As others said someone anticipated your movement, or got lucky that their dodge cooldown dodge spam occurred during your fire, or again you're firing before they dodge instead of after, or spamming instead of intuitively forcing the player into your shots such as when you go around a corner and they chase around the corner. Esp does not show projectiles. It shows players, in the form of boxes and gives range indication so you can make some guided assumptions about their current positions. You can have bones or wireframes display and get plenty of positioning information and movement information. You will not see projectile information. It is important to note a couple things with cheating in games. People will be able to see where you are and will be able to aim more efficiently at you, in your current position. They will not be able to accurately predict movement beyond the player is going in this direction at this speed so likely they will not adjust their speed or direction - ergo fire at xy coordinate which is far from useful versus anyone who's remotely good at games.

I'll also note maybe 1 in 1000 players you come into contact with might use a cheat if you think you're seeing them daily I'm sorry but this simply is not true. There's 2 sides, those who have cheated and know how far cheating goes and those who'd like to think they know how far cheating goes. I tell you it is rare, hawken is an unknown small time game. Programmers don't touch it with a 10 foot pole. several "providers" All list the same damn aimbot/esp that one guy wrote under different advertisements. One guy, wrote one program, that several entities sell as their own. The game just is not well known or profitable at all with its limited playerbase. There's no money here and coders turned to writing for money years ago for games. You don't lol make a program over a month and seed it to the community, you charge for your time. Even the guy writing the program is just using another guys damn code which has been the industry standard and adding in a different ui, which is trash. Literally the only work done is manually entering the appropriate coordinates for this particular game - and nobody is wasting the time for even that. We're a long ways away from a hacking problem so remember not to let your brain use that as an out for what possibly occurred in a match.

#12 Fivelon

Fivelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN

Posted February 05 2014 - 11:58 PM

It's all about prediction. Don't fire until AFTER they dodge.

#13 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 07 2014 - 04:56 AM

I dodge TOWs becuase I know what is coming with average players. They always fire when the weapon is ready.So, if you know the cooldow time, you know when to dodge.  Experience is something that cannot be taught.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#14 ethr

ethr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted February 13 2014 - 07:41 AM

Keep in mind that Hawken mechs are very... boxy. Any time an enemy mech turns to face me in a fight, I dodge. I'm sure most people do the same.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users