HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Development Update: 2/2/2014

News Update

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 02 2014 - 05:51 PM

Posted Image

Hello Everyone!

We thank you for your interest in another Development Update! This past month in particular has been very busy for the entire HAWKEN team and we're looking forward to rolling out what we've been working on. These next couple of weeks in particular will be rather busy with new information for everyone so we may not have another Development Update for a few weeks after this post goes up. That being said, this post isn't going to go into content or the functional details of what's coming but instead will focus on our timeline for upcoming information.

MONDAY 02/03
We'll be posting an article on the balance changes coming for the game. We will share the new values for mechs, weapons and items in addition to the thought behind many of the decisions. We'll touch on such phrases as "Effective Health" and dive into what these overall changes mean for TTK (Time to Kill).

TUESDAY 02/04
We will be bringing down the HAWKEN client (currently scheduled for 11:00am PST) as we make preparations for the changes coming to the game this month. The outage will more than likely take no less than 24 hours so unfortunately I can't recommend keeping the Launcher open all day hoping that we might come back online early.

By the end of day Tuesday, we'll also provide an update on the status of the outage and discuss the availability of the update.

FRIDAY 02/07
We plan to have patch notes for the update posted by Friday. We are working to have them posted on Wednesday of this week but we're also expecting Tuesday and Wednesday to bring emergent work that will pull attention away from finishing the notes. So we'll try to have them for you Wednesday, but it could be as late as Friday.

February is a big month for the game and we're genuinely looking forward to sharing what's coming. Thanks!

Click here to view the article

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#2 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 02 2014 - 05:54 PM

During this outage on tuesday, what will be the status of the forums_  Will they be available or not_
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#3 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 02 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hmmm.. I do hope that weapons like the EOC Pred and Breacher are changed a little (hopefully midair detonation and some changing in heat values for both guns).

#4 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 02 2014 - 07:06 PM

Sounds good, can't wait for some numbers!

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#5 chuckdm

chuckdm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe Loveliest Village on the Plains

Posted February 02 2014 - 09:10 PM

Well...Windows crashed on me Friday and now I see this.  Including this statement:

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on February 02 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

MONDAY 02/03
We'll be posting an article on the balance changes coming for the game. We will share the new values for mechs, weapons and items in addition to the thought behind many of the decisions. We'll touch on such phrases as "Effective Health" and dive into what these overall changes mean for TTK (Time to Kill).

So...instead of burning bandwidth now I'm going to busy myself redownloading all my Skyrim and New Vegas mods.  Late tomorrow, I'll either be downloading Hawken again, or else, leaving it forever, if TTK has been lowered AT ALL.  I pray the former.  The reasonably long TTK (for a shooter) in Hawken is the difference between "strategy" and "twitch" for me, and I don't do twitch games, period.  Hopefully it'll be good news.

I sank nearly $200 into Planetside 2 before they took their low TTK and lowered it farther.  Now that I'm $180 into Hawken, I'm really, REALLY praying this doesn't become a pattern.  With the recent matchmaking changes I finally have a shooter I don't suck at.  I hope it doesn't ruin itself.  I really, really hope it doesn't.
I'm just a bill.  Yes I'm only a bill.  And I'm sitting here on capitol hill.  I'd be a law now but the Republicans keep refusing to let anyone vote on me.  So I'm covered in mold.  Because I'm just a bill...

#6 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 02 2014 - 10:34 PM

View Postchuckdm, on February 02 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Late tomorrow, I'll either be downloading Hawken again, or else, leaving it forever, if TTK has been lowered AT ALL.

ok
Posted Image

#7 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted February 02 2014 - 11:07 PM

Looking forward to it. There are going to be a lot of QQ around here (myself likely included).

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#8 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted February 02 2014 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for the info Hughes! Best of luck with what seams like a very busy few weeks for Team[HWK].
Posted Image

#9 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted February 02 2014 - 11:29 PM

View Postchuckdm, on February 02 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Late tomorrow, I'll either be downloading Hawken again, or else, leaving it forever, if TTK has been lowered AT ALL.  I pray the former.  The reasonably long TTK (for a shooter) in Hawken is the difference between "strategy" and "twitch" for me...

What you should do is wait for the patch and then play it, and play it for several hours with an open mind before coming to any conclusions. What's been revealed on the forums and on the Cockpit so far is such a small glimpse into the whole ecosystem of changes coming, that trying to draw a meaningful picture of what Hawken will be from it is impossible, really. You really have to see it in motion, to experience it first-hand, to appreciate how things fit together.

What if I told you that even though TTK might have gone down very slightly in a few cases, the strategy and tactics required had increased exponentially_ What if I told you that whole new layers of the strategy onion had been added, and that how and why you approach a problem has suddenly become relevant; that strategy isn't just more effective but now necessary and that players who can think strategically will be the masters of new Hawken's battlefields_

Wouldn't that be worth sticking around to see_

Draco

#10 Sam123456

Sam123456

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 12:43 AM

Chuck, the majority of players agree that they don't want large ttk reductions (https://community.pl...e-to-kill-poll/). But I'm still willing to accept changes, and pretty jazzed to see what's coming down the pipeline.

#11 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted February 03 2014 - 12:50 AM

The WAIT! :/

Posted Image

#12 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted February 03 2014 - 02:14 AM

Have you considered beta testing the patch notes on Monday instead of beating around the bush_ I'd rather bug-test it now so that it's ready to go on Friday.

It was fun while it lasted.

#13 chickenSTALKER

chickenSTALKER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 05:25 AM

So we are getting the patch Wednesday_

#14 Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationinvading Zion

Posted February 03 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostchickenSTALKER, on February 03 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

So we are getting the patch Wednesday_

Patch notes.
Posted Image

#15 Potter_4077th

Potter_4077th

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 11:44 AM

Bring on the changes! I look forward to the new combat system.

#16 StatikPulse

StatikPulse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 01:19 PM

can we get some kind of preliminary patch note notes to prepare us for the patch notes_

#17 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted February 03 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostStatikPulse, on February 03 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

can we get some kind of preliminary patch note notes to prepare us for the patch notes_

We're... kinda getting that today_ Sorta_ It won't really be patch notes, though.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#18 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted February 03 2014 - 01:46 PM

lol :blink:

#19 StatikPulse

StatikPulse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 03 2014 - 01:47 PM

^well, I would've preferred to have at least gotten some kind of warning note about these pre-update patch note notes in the last update. just sayin

#20 SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

Posted February 03 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostSam123456, on February 03 2014 - 12:43 AM, said:

Chuck, the majority of players agree that they don't want large ttk reductions (https://community.pl...e-to-kill-poll/). But I'm still willing to accept changes, and pretty jazzed to see what's coming down the pipeline.

Majority of the players that responded to the poll.  Make sure when you talk about forum polls you take into account how many people are responding.  in this case, less than 100 votes.  I sincerely hope that isn't statistically relevant to our player base.

Edited by SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, February 03 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users