HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Raider - Post Steam

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 06 2014 - 03:14 AM

How do you guys feel about this mech now_

I still feel it's got the some of the qualities i enjoy playing with, something just feels off with it though. I know i can't tank damage like i use to but that's not what i mean. With the decrease in the turn-cap and a increase in dodging, up close combat with burst weapons is not easy to land. 'A mechs' having 1 second dodging coupled with air compressor can duck in and out of my reticle so easily i barely land my MIRV. You probably saying to yourself "well aim better num nutz" but the mirv doesn't even do that much damage, the 4 seoncd (3.7 w/e) cooldown between shots takes forever. I might as well just keep it on KLA and see if I can land the splash damage or a direct hit, that thing will actually kill something before i fuzzy bunny die.

All I'm saying is this mech is suppose to excel in close quarters, but i've had way more success starting engagements at mid or long range with the KLA. As soon as I get in close against a D-Vulcan or a Slug reaper, the MIRV doesn't work as advertised.  Better yet put it up against an assault straight up, D-vulcan/TOW. The TOW does almost the damage a KLA does but fires basically twice as fast, the KLA is even harder to shoot, and is without detonation feature. Added the raiders low health pool among the other B's.

I guess i just gotta be a sneaky fuzzy bunny and go with failsafe and KLA/HECHARGE/T32 blast em alpha strike maneuver. That's the other thing, is the spread smaller on the t-32_ It feels like it. I like using the T-32 it would be a shame to have to switch to another weapon just because burst is too hot to handle against player who knows how to move. I don't even know where this mechs sits anymore, what is its purpose_ Bombardment_ I'm just not sure, I think the predator might be the new raider style mech except with a more applicable ability.

tldr Raider burst (t32) style feels weak overall. Give me your thoughts.

Also this is the first day I understand, so my opinions may change over the next couple weeks, these are first impressions.

Spoiler

Edited by LoC_TR, February 06 2014 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#2 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 04:14 AM

Raider is one of my favorite mechs in the game and just by looking at the numbers I was disapointed with it.

Here's is some of the numbers for the T-32 BOLT my fav primary for Raider and the KlA/MIRV itself.

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3.75 secs) = DPS (40)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3.75 secs) = DPS (35.2)

T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.75) = DPS (82.5)

Unfortunately I do not know the charged DPS of the BOLT but the charged damage is 111.375.

The damage of the secondary are fine but the Refire rate is too long and the T-32 dps is too low.

You can basically fire 3 GL or 3 TOW before you fire 2 KLA/MIRV and its much harder to use than both of the other secondary weapons.

Here are the stats for 3 other shotgun primaries:

Mini Flak (48.4) / Refire rate (0.385) = DPS (125.714)
Reflak (59.4) / Refire rate (0.55) = DPS (108)
Flak cannon (118.8) / Refire rate (1.225) = DPS (96.980)

I can understand the 2 primaries ( Reflak and Mini flak) have high dps as they are more sustained but the flak still has more dps and burst. Now you can truly call the T-32 Bolt poor mans flak (as someone mentioned on the forums somewhere).

What balanced the T-32 was that it had high DPS for low burst and low dps for high burst.

My suggestion. Increase the T-32 uncharged shots Refire rate to (0.6/0.61 secs) and the Corsairs Refire rate to (3/3.1 secs)

T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.6 secs) = DPS 103.125
T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.61 secs) = DPS  (101.434)

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3 secs) = DPS (50)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3 secs) = DPS (44)

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3.1 secs) = DPS (48.387)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3.1 secs) = DPS (42.581)

Personally I would prefer to have 3 secs cool down on the Corsair as the MIRV/KLA is a lot harder to use than the TOW/GL and also because the Raider is designed to be for CQC only. You may or may not agree with the feedback I have provided. If you do not I would like to hear your suggestions.

Also bit off- topic. The TOW should have same Refire rate as the GL. I don't understand the reasoning behind having same damage, yet the TOW can fire 0.25 secs faster.
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

#3 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted February 06 2014 - 10:00 AM

I used eoc raider last night and could suicide F into the aa on siege and could about guarantee someone would die (det as well) even if there were 4 enemies.  This robot needed the lower health.  I seriously want to try air compressor on raider now.  Will probably be badass.

#4 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 06 2014 - 12:06 PM

View Postv009, on February 06 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Raider is one of my favorite mechs in the game and just by looking at the numbers I was disapointed with it.

Here's is some of the numbers for the T-32 BOLT my fav primary for Raider and the KlA/MIRV itself.

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3.75 secs) = DPS (40)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3.75 secs) = DPS (35.2)

T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.75) = DPS (82.5)

Unfortunately I do not know the charged DPS of the BOLT but the charged damage is 111.375.

The damage of the secondary are fine but the Refire rate is too long and the T-32 dps is too low.

You can basically fire 3 GL or 3 TOW before you fire 2 KLA/MIRV and its much harder to use than both of the other secondary weapons.

Here are the stats for 3 other shotgun primaries:

Mini Flak (48.4) / Refire rate (0.385) = DPS (125.714)
Reflak (59.4) / Refire rate (0.55) = DPS (108)
Flak cannon (118.8) / Refire rate (1.225) = DPS (96.980)

I can understand the 2 primaries ( Reflak and Mini flak) have high dps as they are more sustained but the flak still has more dps and burst. Now you can truly call the T-32 Bolt poor mans flak (as someone mentioned on the forums somewhere).

What balanced the T-32 was that it had high DPS for low burst and low dps for high burst.

My suggestion. Increase the T-32 uncharged shots Refire rate to (0.6/0.61 secs) and the Corsairs Refire rate to (3/3.1 secs)

T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.6 secs) = DPS 103.125
T-32 BOLT (61.875) / Refire rate (0.61 secs) = DPS  (101.434)

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3 secs) = DPS (50)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3 secs) = DPS (44)

MIRV (150) / Refire rate (3.1 secs) = DPS (48.387)
KLA (132) / Refire rate (3.1 secs) = DPS (42.581)

Personally I would prefer to have 3 secs cool down on the Corsair as the MIRV/KLA is a lot harder to use than the TOW/GL and also because the Raider is designed to be for CQC only. You may or may not agree with the feedback I have provided. If you do not I would like to hear your suggestions.

Also bit off- topic. The TOW should have same Refire rate as the GL. I don't understand the reasoning behind having same damage, yet the TOW can fire 0.25 secs faster.

Well here's all the numbers i was missing in my post. Yes i completely agree.

I think the GL has a bigger splash, correct me if i'm wrong.

View PostPoopSlinger, on February 06 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

I used eoc raider last night and could suicide F into the aa on siege and could about guarantee someone would die (det as well) even if there were 4 enemies.  This robot needed the lower health.  I seriously want to try air compressor on raider now.  Will probably be badass.

Ya i was thinking about doing this too since EOC seems to be viable. Like i said though, the T-32 Raider is my baby. I won't just give it up. I dont want to blitz in and just get 1 kill either. I want to do sustained pressure.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 06 2014 - 12:09 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#5 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 01:00 PM

I don't know about the normal GL but for the Corsair KLA it should have bigger splash than the normal GL as you can't detonate it.

#6 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 06 2014 - 01:09 PM

som

View Postv009, on February 06 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

I don't know about the normal GL but for the Corsair KLA it should have bigger splash than the normal GL as you can't detonate it.

I meant the GL is bigger than the TOW, thats why the fire rate on the TOW is lower.. possibly.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#7 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 06 2014 - 02:11 PM

I see thank you for the clarification. Do you know how much the splash radius difference_

#8 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 06 2014 - 02:17 PM

View Postv009, on February 06 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

I see thank you for the clarification. Do you know how much the splash radius difference_

I think they lowered the TOW splash radius by 1 digit and kept the the GL AOE the same, though the GLs' splash damage is now less. I THINK.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#9 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 03:27 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 06 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

[
I think they lowered the TOW splash radius by 1 digit and kept the the GL AOE the same, though the GLs' splash damage is now less. I THINK.

I see. The TOW is still superior to GL now with the slightly faster fire rate. It's sad that there isn't much discussion on this topic. I guess they are too busy with the complain, Q_Q threads.

#10 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:00 PM

View Postv009, on February 07 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostLoC_TR, on February 06 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

[

I see. The TOW is still superior to GL now with the slightly faster fire rate. It's sad that there isn't much discussion on this topic. I guess they are too busy with the complain, Q_Q threads.

lol i know... general discussion is terrible.

I still feel the t32/corsair is the weakest of the 3 weapons right now. With most players having to play with really low health more often, it's much easier to get spray and prays with the reflak. I have to focus on charging the weapon and firing it at the target. The MIRV is just way to weak all in all, i barely switch to it anymore. As soon as the enemy exceeds 3 meters distance I might as well use the KLA. If the enemy is standing still, sure no problem, but its never like that. The KLA does do an appropriate amount of damage but if i miss and don't hit them right on the nose i have to wait 3.7 seconds. By that time a good player, or a slug reaper will take me out. Something needs to change with this combo, there is too much time between shots.

Looking at the Raider weapons compared to the Bruiser weapons, I felt the Raider was a much weaker mech over all. Most would agree the Hellfires are easier to "aim" and use over the KLA. If you hit all 6 rockets on partial or full blast you get at least  46-111 damage but it gets a .5 better cool down rate. You also get a sustained weapon like the Vulcan or AR which is much easier to aim than the T32. Maneuvering in the Bruiser might also be deemed easier considering the map. Fly back farther, higher and faster without having to necessarily aim a weapon that nearly matches a corsair KLA in damage if not exceeding it.

The only upside to any strategy with the Raider is Blitz. It buys me time and space and I can lead a flank farther out than most mechs and do it faster too. All in all though I still find the T32/Corsair Raider is still weak; subsequently against good players I find i'm having to stay pretty far away and just bombarding with the KLA. Then Blitz in and try to KLA again. MIRV is just too unreliable as a close quarters weapon. The fact that it's still a projectile rather than hit-scan may have something to do with it. You have to lead your shots too well and the A Mechs get a bit faster dodge so they can just stay out of my MIRV shot in a dodge race (Especially the Reaper which can walk and dodge faster than me AND does more damage cqc AND doesn't have to worry about self inflicted damage). Hopefully some wayward dev on the hawken forums will read this.

Edit: It seems my links to the stats have gone missing or changed.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 13 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#11 Requiem132

Requiem132

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted February 09 2014 - 12:57 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

[font=comic sans ms', ', cursive]Violent Resolution | -vR. [/font]

[font=comic sans ms', cursive]"When Diplomacy Fails"[/font]
http://vr-gaming.org[font=comic sans ms', cursive] | Multi-Gaming Clan[/font]
[font=comic sans ms', cursive]Looking for Gamers 18+[/font]

#12 Blazinblood

Blazinblood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 01:01 AM

Great Game, But my friend is having issues with his name. Its stuck as recruit 1.

#13 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted February 09 2014 - 01:55 AM

I find the Bolt-Raider to be at its best now. It can deal so much bloody damage in less then a sec, but its small armor pool makes up for it.

Now it requires much skill to be efficient with it, so new players will not go for it and being a total waste.
I`ll fix it later.

#14 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostAregon, on February 09 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

I find the Bolt-Raider to be at its best now. It can deal so much bloody damage in less then a sec, but its small armor pool makes up for it.

Now it requires much skill to be efficient with it, so new players will not go for it and being a total waste.

No, I don't know who you're playing against but all the testing i do i play against GOOD players, the T-32 Bolt is at a severe disadvantage to even a scout with flak let a alone a brawler with flak. I'm sorry but the bolt/mirv combo pre-steam was SO much stronger. One or the other is really messed up. Sure against an opponent that doesn't move a lot the bolt/mirv DOES do a lot of damage. As soon as they start flying around dodging good luck hitting them with a mirv. I know it requires skill to use the bolt, but it was always something used in conjunction with the MIRV which doesn't work! It lacks the power the KLA does but has the same exact cool down. The MIRV is also acting funny.. like the pellets are exploding before they should detonate. All i know is i would enjoy using the MIRV but its completely unreliable which makes the T-32 worse! I've had more luck with the reflak, and an even easier time with the EOC since i refuse to switch to the MIRV. I don't want to play like that at all but until they change something i think the t-32 it is junk. Seriously, what once was a mech to be feared is now a little wimpy fuzzy bunny bucket that can't even handle scouts flak>tow>flak>tow so easy to hit. It's faster too. The reaper does more damage and is faster. The beserker can be impossible to hit plus it has sustained damage so it really doesn't matter where the hell it flies. Brawlers just straight flatten me now. Not only are its weapons more powerful but i can also tank anything i could throw at it. The KLA mixed with Blitz is the only reason this mech is not a total failure. I feel like someone took a fat dump on this mech because they were afraid of it. It's a shame that this mech is so hard to use, while others get to have all the fun. I don't have to work half as hard to win a fight in my Brawler, Reaper, Infil, Scout, Van, Zerk, Bruiser. I want to be able to defend my self and win fights that should be in my favor. Don't get me wrong, i've had some good goes on this mech, but i can make much bigger impact with any other mech. I hate feeling obligated to use something else just because i can't close on anything anymore.

Oh sure i can flank and such with blitz, but there's too much damage handed out to me along the way, hellfires and slugs trailing me the whole time. Anyway.. I've been using the EOC with the KLA and staying farther back, mid range, it works some but i really would like to play with a t-32. Also it doesn't even matter if you charge the bolt now.. So stupid it does the same damage if you don't charge it! Just give me a flak like all the other cqc's and call it a day. I'm tired of this mech getting ham stringed.

Please don't tell me the bolt is good. I'll boast right now that i'm one of the top 10 Raiders in this game... at least before the patch. If you want to take me up on it you're welcome to. The bolt is fuzzy bunny trust me. The reflak is boring. The EOC doesn't fit my place style. fuzzy bunny it broken please fix it. There is too much down time on the Raider and I get scrapped before i can get off a multiple Corsairs. Driving me crazy.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 09 2014 - 05:20 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#15 breadeffect

breadeffect

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:44 AM

Idk, I was playing it earlier tonight and I was having around the same issues where it wasn't feeling up to par like it was before.  Its a little underpowered for what it should accomplish in its category/role.  Most of a Raider is being up close and punishing to fight up against, but I don't feel like up close quarters really makes this mech shine, or even making your way to the CQC fights without taking massive poke.  

Bu then I found a better grove with it randomly.  SO I have no clue whether or not its that bad or if the new patch jitters is still in effect for it.  More testing is to be made, but in all I found the Reflak wasn't that worse off than it was previously, and the Bolts still there, its just the functionality of it was widened and lessened in both fronts.  It can be used as an instant gibber, but the functionality of it outside of CQC has been greatly lessened due to low HP and LoS fire being scary now.  EoC is just terrifying if done completely right.  I just think nobody in high tiered play use it because it takes more skill than the reflak and bolt.  

If anything I believe the boost speed of the overall mech might need to be increased just slightly to compensate for the lack of armor it has attached to it.  My problem with its speed is that it felt fast back when you Blitz'd in ascension.  But now it feels like you're sluggish and just not able to chase as well.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the new mechanic of the game is based on dodging to move a bit quicker and should be incorporated into a Raiders Blitz pattern as well, but even so, you're a larger target and a much larger threat in combat, thus you're gonna have a rough time.  

Also I don't think the damage or RoF of he Corsair/Mirv should be adjusted.  If at all, the most minimal RoF increase like 3.5 instead of 3.75 because it doesn't need it.  The Raider shouldn't be an easy mech to play, it should be VERY punishing if you don't hit your shots and VERY rewarding to land them. And as it stands the weapons are in a good place for that because it widens a skill gap on it like no other.  No more derp firing the Corsair to weaken people down to under half and blitzing in with full against a half hp person.  Its still punishing if you miss everything because your secondary is more important than just any other secondary in the game to land.  With a RoF increase, it just makes it another Tow and Shotty.

View PostNept, on February 08 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yes, you know a game's gone in the wrong direction when the game's top players are defending the current patch.

#16 Zanozus

Zanozus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:53 AM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Raider shouldn't be an easy mech to play, it should be VERY punishing if you don't hit your shots and VERY rewarding to land them.[/font]

Reward is very poor. If I play the hardest mech in the game I expect high DPS. Now, every sustain shooter can pick off me easily, without complicated maneuvers, just staying on the open field. Even if land all my missles in the target.

Edited by Zanozus, February 09 2014 - 02:55 AM.

#17 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:04 AM

View Postbreadeffect, on February 09 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

Idk, I was playing it earlier tonight and I was having around the same issues where it wasn't feeling up to par like it was before.  Its a little underpowered for what it should accomplish in its category/role.  Most of a Raider is being up close and punishing to fight up against, but I don't feel like up close quarters really makes this mech shine, or even making your way to the CQC fights without taking massive poke.  

Bu then I found a better grove with it randomly.  SO I have no clue whether or not its that bad or if the new patch jitters is still in effect for it.  More testing is to be made, but in all I found the Reflak wasn't that worse off than it was previously, and the Bolts still there, its just the functionality of it was widened and lessened in both fronts.  It can be used as an instant gibber, but the functionality of it outside of CQC has been greatly lessened due to low HP and LoS fire being scary now.  EoC is just terrifying if done completely right.  I just think nobody in high tiered play use it because it takes more skill than the reflak and bolt.  

If anything I believe the boost speed of the overall mech might need to be increased just slightly to compensate for the lack of armor it has attached to it.  My problem with its speed is that it felt fast back when you Blitz'd in ascension.  But now it feels like you're sluggish and just not able to chase as well.  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the new mechanic of the game is based on dodging to move a bit quicker and should be incorporated into a Raiders Blitz pattern as well, but even so, you're a larger target and a much larger threat in combat, thus you're gonna have a rough time.  

Also I don't think the damage or RoF of he Corsair/Mirv should be adjusted.  If at all, the most minimal RoF increase like 3.5 instead of 3.75 because it doesn't need it.  The Raider shouldn't be an easy mech to play, it should be VERY punishing if you don't hit your shots and VERY rewarding to land them. And as it stands the weapons are in a good place for that because it widens a skill gap on it like no other.  No more derp firing the Corsair to weaken people down to under half and blitzing in with full against a half hp person.  Its still punishing if you miss everything because your secondary is more important than just any other secondary in the game to land.  With a RoF increase, it just makes it another Tow and Shotty.

Thanks for your response. You really think the EOC takes more skill_ I didn't think so. I thought it was much much easier than the Bolt. I think the EOC is much stronger and is way more viable too. You're right that they shouldn't change the damage on the Corsair, I think it is strong enough. Something is till off with the MIRV though imo, it's just not worth switching to. The KLA is just way more effective, even in cqc. At first i though it was jitters too but everyday i use this mech since the release and everyday i go to work, but it never comes.

You're telling me that once you get in close that you can make that BOLT/MIRV work_ I'm talking about this heat of battle and you got a infils and beserkers and what have you zipping all around. If i miss with the MIRV i feel i wasted so much time and damage i could have managed with a KLA. Usually by the end of that thought I've been tow'd twice.

Try going EOC and just use the KLA, don't switch to the MIRV, and tell me that isn't way easier.

Edited by LoC_TR, February 09 2014 - 03:09 AM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#18 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 01:01 PM

Had a good conversation with you about the Raider yesterday bread. :)  Whilst I do think some of your points are correct. I still think the mech isn't what it's intended to be now. A CQC only mech that can't hold it's own candle against other mechs that aren't made specifically for CQC.

What else do you think you can do to make this mech more viable than reduce it's re-fire rate times_ Because as I mentioned on my first post above that it's 2 unique primary weapons are just worst than others that compete and is intended to be used in the same range. The KLA/MIRV is way inferior to the TOW and GL. Increasing the damage output doesn't help as we talked as the insta kill potential will be higher than now.

Edit: I don't think the Raider need a higher boost speed. Blitz will make Raider the fastest mech in the game. http://i.imgur.com/X2zy7Sv.png

Edited by v009, February 09 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#19 breadeffect

breadeffect

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on February 09 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

View Postbreadeffect, on February 09 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

*snip*

Thanks for your response. You really think the EOC takes more skill_ I didn't think so. I thought it was much much easier than the Bolt. I think the EOC is much stronger and is way more viable too. You're right that they shouldn't change the damage on the Corsair, I think it is strong enough. Something is till off with the MIRV though imo, it's just not worth switching to. The KLA is just way more effective, even in cqc. At first i though it was jitters too but everyday i use this mech since the release and everyday i go to work, but it never comes.

You're telling me that once you get in close that you can make that BOLT/MIRV work_ I'm talking about this heat of battle and you got a infils and beserkers and what have you zipping all around. If i miss with the MIRV i feel i wasted so much time and damage i could have managed with a KLA. Usually by the end of that thought I've been tow'd twice.

Try going EOC and just use the KLA, don't switch to the MIRV, and tell me that isn't way easier.

I don't think it takes "more" skill persay because the weapon itself isn't that hard to hit (Because I absolutely love my EOC).  BUT because Bolt and Reflak is a hitscan weapon, they'll always be easier to land rather than spending time trying to hit the mines/lay them properly.  In fact, I found the EOC to be pretty strong now that the game's health pools were reduced.  But due to the fact that the secondary is such a detrimental loss if I miss, I'd rather use the 2 weapons that allow for missing.  And yes, the KLA is worth using more in CQC if anything now.  Its a more reliable thing to land than the MIRV is.  Perhaps what they might want to do with the MIRV is do what they did with the Flak with removing some tracers on it, and moving the damage into the remaining tracers.  Most of my problem is that I'll either wiff the shot entirely or barely hit the person with a volley.

I can make the Reflak work ABOUT as good as I did back in Ascension for the fact that it didn't take that much of a hit in terms of nerf.  Bolt's more finicky because of it being an extreme CQC weapon imo.  MIRV imo is a great way to stop Air A's from flying around now and I find its a lot easier to land those than the ground A's zipping around me (which I would use KLA).  The fall off damage for the reflak is annoying because it was easy to just snipe people as they were running, but the damage it provides still is good.  I just think the Reflak and Mini Flak need to be more unique from each other.

And EOC and KLA is god tier if done correctly like I said.  As of right now an EOC Raider will be much more successful playing all mid range game than playing the other 2 options with their need to dive in.  The potential for Raider EOC's in this meta are much greater than reflak and bolt IF someone uses it correctly.  But like what Fury mentions, he doesn't want to have to deal with a primary charge time, just wants to rely on his secondary more, and he's arguably one of the best Raider players out there.

That being said, I'm probably gonna be using all 3 weapons depending on the map now, rather than just using Reflak constantly.  

And yes, CQC Raider is what the Raider is meant to do and be proficient in.  With that being gone, the Raider seems to be way less effective overall.  Xacius pointed this out to me last night, but remember that the Raider has been broken since the beginning of its release in essence.  It as always been a stupidly good mech that not many people use currently.  After finally seeing a nerf against it, our gameplays slightly suffered for this reason.  Granted, the nerf on it IMO was too much and something should be changed.  

As for the speed thing, honestly I would love for my Raider to be the fastest boosting mech in the game ONLY whilst in Blitz.  I think thats a nice compromise to where I want it to be.  Because in all honesty, you shouldn't have to dodge boost to catch up to people while in Blitz, that should be done already for you and allow you to fire whilst moving rather than interrupting your shots to slightly gain more speed.  Idk, testing is gonna happen for the next few weeks for me and the Raider to see what aspects specifically are lacking rather than assuming I need to be faster.  Thats just what I've gathered from about 10 matches with it so far.

View PostZanozus, on February 09 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

The Raider shouldn't be an easy mech to play, it should be VERY punishing if you don't hit your shots and VERY rewarding to land them.

Reward is very poor. If I play the hardest mech in the game I expect high DPS. Now, every sustain shooter can pick off me easily, without complicated maneuvers, just staying on the open field. Even if land all my missles in the target.

It is rewarding if you'e using an EOC or a Bolt.  It WILL 1 shot any A when coupled with a Det or HE.  I think that functionality should be kept for the Raider imo because it allows it to directly stop A's if they're stupid and can still harm C's effectively quick.  The Alpha on it is right where it needs to be, just the speed or the armor on it feels wonky (as of now).  I mean even with Deflectors boosting doesn't negate that much damage.

Edited by breadeffect, February 09 2014 - 03:13 PM.

View PostNept, on February 08 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yes, you know a game's gone in the wrong direction when the game's top players are defending the current patch.

#20 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:22 PM

idk why anyone would want to use raider now, for me it's clearly over-nerfed

Edited by Ker4u, February 09 2014 - 03:22 PM.

- lok'tar ogar -

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users