HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:41 PM

View Postcraftydus, on February 07 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

That's a lotta bugs.

Which is interesting, because everyone seems to think there's only a small number of bugs in a game and that devs should just focus on those, when in reality there are 100s that get fixed by devs and go unnoticed by the community.

Posted Image

#22 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:43 PM

View PostSylhiri, on February 07 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

• Light Mech Chassis Art
      • Boot Elephant
Can A class chassis get like a viper or something next, we keep getting the lame animals :0

UR LAME!

Posted Image

#23 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:53 PM

Why remove Bazaar from Siege_. anyway,  I love this new patch

EDIT: I wrote sahara instead of bazaar, sorry xP.

Edited by StephenHawkins, February 07 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Phillyfan1

Phillyfan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 08:54 PM

they really ruined the game for me.Maybe for other people they like being a frajile piece of glass but i personally loved hawken before this update there was no need to lower health for TTK. the old health was perfect, it made you feel like a well armourd weaponized mech while not feeling to overpowerd but now evry mech is a glass cannon on legs. they ruined hawken for me

#25 gad333mlgpro

gad333mlgpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:02 PM

Phillyfan1, on February 07 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

they really ruined the game for me.Maybe for other people they like being a frajile piece of glass but i personally loved hawken before this update there was no need to lower health for TTK. the old health was perfect, it made you feel like a well armourd weaponized mech while not feeling to overpowerd but now evry mech is a glass cannon on legs. they ruined hawken for me
I know, they had a finished game that looked awesome and played awesome and now they've ruined it. Please bring back the old health system because THE NEW HEALTH SYSTEM SUCKS!!!!!

#26 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:02 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on February 07 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Why remove Sahara from Siege_. anyway,  I love this new patch

The map seems to be very imbalanced for Siege gameplay.  That's what I hear anyway from top players.

I really want that Dragon Patrick chassis... Too bad I only have my 400 starter MCs.... :c  I think they raised it to 500 (look at the service rewards).

#27 gad333mlgpro

gad333mlgpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:04 PM

I really hate the new armor system, I liked the game because it was unique. Now all I see is a generic shooter with mechs instead of people. Bring back the old armor system because THE NEW ARMOR SYSTEM SUCKS!

Edited by gad333mlgpro, February 07 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#28 Phillyfan1

Phillyfan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:05 PM

one thing positve in this update tho is the new fuzzy bunny pit and holographic screen design, with the subtle lines seperating the screens.

#29 Sinekrily

Sinekrily

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:06 PM

omg, I'm ditching the Gren, It was good while it lasted....   the Incinerator looks so pretty and unrusted!

#30 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, 'Murica

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:07 PM

Nerfs. Nerfs, everywhere.

#31 Phillyfan1

Phillyfan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:12 PM

I mainly use the predaor and this new update doesnt fit its play style at all, you always need to be close and up in their face but with the nrefed health the predator is going to be an unused mech in garages everywere. time to hang up my skates, we had a good run pred

#32 Kmaleon73

Kmaleon73

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationVenezuela-Maracaibo-Edo Zulia

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:13 PM

Well , I do not want to sound like I was criticizing the work q hits , but catches my attention that the part of Party was not designed for more friendly way , I do not understand why to make a party of 6 players have to go somewhere in specific, q thing I see way too limited that option .

Apart from all catches my attention the new fuse, but do not understand why not put the new setting for siege , I consider that harassment is one of the best styles that have the game and limit you stage I do not consider my part well seen , I hope to see in a real serious pq siege hurts not enjoy this scenario in that mode , or alternatively could change the scenario Prosk

What would appreciate it if the option is more party friendly in the sense that it can be appended companions once started, without any time to put it together , that I think is much more comfortable , and the party of 6 players, should not be so limited , should be in the normal menu and not in another menu , I believe that should reposition as was his first version when implemented , one arming the party without many obstacles , I think the party they have to make in a much more friendly format and q is not so hard on putting together a good party among colleagues .

Since my fuzzy bunny opinion, the improvements implemented greatly improved the game making it more dynamic and a little less uneven in some games when 3 or 4 players low ping is find , I think in this aspect than matched , perhaps very low armor but we undertakes to improve your game thing I see excellently.

A greeting and continue the successes

#33 Phillyfan1

Phillyfan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:28 PM

View Postgad333mlgpro, on February 07 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

This game was much better as a MECH GAME. Please bring back the old Hawken. In fact, I specifically loved this game because it was not trying to be a generic FPS but was unique and extremely fun because of it. I don't want to play this if I die as soon as I leave cover.I can't stand the "balances" to the armor system because that ruined it for me.
thank you someone else is thinking what i was...

#34 mordies

mordies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:34 PM

gad333mlgpro

all this posting on now you liked to old health system will not do anything. The game is want it is, like or not. Every one will have ajust there play style or not play. I for one don't care to much for the changes either, but coming here and posting over and over the same thing is not going help. I'm sure they be some ajustments to it in time just enjoy playing a fast pace game that is become.

#35 DennisKnightPC

DennisKnightPC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:38 PM

I smell smurf shenanigans.

Couple of other questions about these notes:
. Are all the weapon values in the chart current_ i.e updated sabots_
. Do two of the turret modes really nullify 85% and 90% damage respectively_
. Are there stats for the reaper's special ability or is it just perfect accuracy/zero spread_ I could be blind but didn't see it in the table

Edited by DennisKnightPC, February 07 2014 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

i7-3770K//32GB RAM//SSD//R9 270X Vapour

#36 MexichanMan

MexichanMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:41 PM

Incinerator body model, Malk_ Malk_

Black Steel Brotherhood: http://bsb-gaming.com
Stream: http://twitch.tv/mexichanman
Join the first competitive Hawken league!  
http://www.tpgleague.org/hwk/

#37 gad333mlgpro

gad333mlgpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:44 PM

View Postmordies, on February 07 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

gad333mlgpro

all this posting on now you liked to old health system will not do anything. The game is want it is, like or not. Every one will have ajust there play style or not play. I for one don't care to much for the changes either, but coming here and posting over and over the same thing is not going help. I'm sure they be some ajustments to it in time just enjoy playing a fast pace game that is become.
I have since contacted the developers about the issue and you will not be seeing the same message again.

#38 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on February 07 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

UR LAME!

***UPDATE***

*Lion Chassis Art was pulled from production. Forever.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#39 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:56 PM

Ability:
  • Name: Heat Dispersion
  • Description: Disperses all stored heat to create an explosion dealing damage to nearby enemies. Must have at least 15 units of heat stored.
Yay, so Incinerator will become the first C-class mech without turret-like ability, even if it will still have some transformation time (so safe ability usage must be prepared with some kind of disable item). I like it. I'm aware though that Incinerator will be kinda OP mech. I hope it'll not.

Also I am surprised about decision to buff the Brawler's turred mode so high. 90% front damage reduction is no joke. Now I understand why A-class mechs blow theirself up hitting me in point blank distance with AOE weaponsPosted Image
WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#40 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 07 2014 - 09:57 PM

• Friendly bots will now collect EU.
  • Friendly bots will now utilize the upgrade system and grow stronger as the match progresses.

Soooooooo. Does that mean we can haz dronez as itemz in the future_ :lol:

aaaaand they still didn't remove turret mode rear damage......... <_< in fact they increased it.
seriously_ SERIOUSLY_ even after the health was reduces to this point , which I really don't mind for the mechs over all, but with the healh the way it is now. Cs REALLY don't need that rear damage increase.

turret mode already has enough draw backs with out the rear damage increase

I still also say those "kill streak" internals need to go and never return.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 07 2014 - 10:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users