HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#41 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 07 2014 - 10:04 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on February 07 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

Sumo Slam (Heavy)

YES! DREAMS DO COME TRUE...

Posted Image

#42 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 07 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostSylhiri, on February 07 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

View PostLeonhardt, on February 07 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

UR LAME!

***UPDATE***

*Lion Chassis Art was pulled from production. Forever.

Not cool man. Thats just not cool.

Posted Image

#43 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:36 PM

A little bit more comments about changes.

Dev team, I really want to hug you for performance improving :wub: . It gave me so much frustration for the last two months before this patch. Now all is running nice and smooth.

I really like the changes of abilities, especially Infiltrator's Camouflage and Bruiser's Damage Absorb. They aren't spammable anymore which makes necessary to think before using them.

Also devs reduced amount of damage dealt by HE-Charge and Detonator. I think it's reasonable (no more one-shots of A-class mechs), but I also think that manual detonation must be removed from Detonator. It already has everything it needs to successfully hit targets, i.e. straight trajectory and detonation on impact not only with enemies, but also walls and another obstacles. Thus we will have two raw damage items with slightly different purposes and playstyles. Any thoughts_

Edited by LarryLaffer, February 07 2014 - 11:44 PM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#44 PartyTime

PartyTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Locationeast coast north america

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:51 PM

Glad to see you guys are streamlining the game. My sweetie is state certified handicapped so he has difficulties grasping difficult concepts, and I previously had to ground him because this game was so confusing to him he would get frustrated and start spreading feces on his chest and the dog. Hopefully in the future it will be easy enough for him to enjoy without incident.

-Typed by PartyTime's most awesome and best in the world mother :)

Edited by PartyTime, February 07 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#45 [HWK]Hoogs

[HWK]Hoogs

Junior Engineer

• Adhesive Games
  • 177 posts

Posted February 07 2014 - 11:53 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on February 07 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Sumo Slam (Heavy)

YES! DREAMS DO COME TRUE...

"Butt slam" is a favorite alternative as well in the office ;).

#46 SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:21 AM

You haven't lived until you butt slam two opponents for the win.  I own.

Also who was responsible for killing Siege on Bunker_  That was a really fun map.

#47 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:54 AM

#48 Ysenberg

Ysenberg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:59 AM

Hello Zamboni, hi guys!

Thank you for the detailed patchnotes (as always) and especially for the extremely thorough display of the bugfixes!
Dang...it seems you have quite a handful there with Hawken^^

I'm a greedy git sometimes, so I obviously appreciate new content like new maps and that new walking microwave :D

About the new balancing: I love the way mechs are falling back into their specific roles now. I also wrote this in another thread - basically B-class will be come a bread-and-butter mech now, C-class a little more tanky and A-classes will be punished for trying to go into a a fight headon.

Well done guys - I love the new (old fashioned) Hawken (and I wouldn't turn away from 10% more armour on my Grenadier :P).
Maybe not as much and obvious as Ropefish (hands Ropey a towel), but much deeper than I did since Ascension^^

best regards from the land of wooden toilet paper

Ysen

Edited by Ysenberg, February 08 2014 - 12:59 AM.

[font=times new roman', times, serif]O Lord, bless this Thy holy grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.[/font]

[font=times new roman', times, serif]  Grenadiers do it around the corner...^^ [/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]W[/font][font=comic sans ms', cursive]andering guns #103: [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Ysenberg[/font][/font]

#49 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:10 AM

NEW Mech: Incinerator

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:22 AM

Woah woah! Great job, gentlemen!

(But if Bunker teems with invisi-walls and out-of-bounds, I will... I will... I will do things, you know! Things!)

#51 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:40 AM

Sorry guys, still no news about the Oculus Rift integration_

Posted Image

#52 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:44 AM

A minigun AND Assault Armor in HAWKEN..

TAKE ALL OF MY FUZZY BUNNY MONEY NOW

Posted Image

Spoiler

#53 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:51 AM

Now Fix cloaking tracking bug. I AM NO TARGET WHEN CLOAKED! But all in all ... nice! FakeName likes this patch!

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#54 bruciak52

bruciak52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:00 AM

Im from poland and Lubie to - Like it

#55 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:32 AM

Yeah thanks for making taunts MC only. I wanted to buy some with HC and was waiting to see if the price will change with the update and instead you removed it completely, which was unexpected to me :-/ Are they at least account-wide or only per mech (as everything)_

Otherwise everything seems great. That's one huge list of bug fixes there! And reading all the stuff makes me think that devs DO read our posts and they DO care about our opinions. I believe the times of P:"hellfires OP nerf them", D:"new update: hellfires buffed", 3 months later D:"kk guys hellfires finally nerfed as you wanted" are gone now (P=player, D=dev).

Great job!
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#56 Huanglong

Huanglong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:50 AM

All Weapons, Items and Internals can be unlocked early with MC.

Pay to Win here we come :P

#57 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted February 08 2014 - 03:58 AM

• Detonator
    • Decreased damaged from 80 to 60.
  • HE Charge
    • Decreased damage from 85 to 65.
wow HE now became useless. GJ

Siege
  • Bazaar has been removed from the Siege map rotation.
  • The amount of energy a teammate is carrying is now displayed on the HUD.
WHAT _! Eco is  far more worse Siege map.

NEW Map: Bunker

Located in the snowy wastes of Illal, this battlefield marks the sight of Bunker 167, one of several remote outposts established by the warring Prosk and Sentium corporations to mark and defend their territory.

Bunker 167 is surrounded by low hills that provide some cover, but pilots must keep moving if they expect to stay alive. It has changed hands many times mainly due to the brutal and unforgiving nature of the terrain, and pilots must exercise extreme caution or else they will become permanent residents of this icy battlefield.
  • Game Modes available: Team Deathmatch, Missile Assault, and Deathmatch.
  • Will have dedicated Bunker server available for a limited time.
No new siege map, interesting why "UK region" (becouse UK is all Europe) played only tdm.

Performance Improvements

For the Steam Update, we've placed a major focus on optimizing HAWKEN and improving overall performance. Here are the measured performance improvements on a minimum spec machine compared to the previous Live version of HAWKEN:
  • 10-20% average FPS increase.
  • Only 30% of play time under 30 FPS. Down from 50%
  • In battle, FPS drops to around 25 FPS. Up from 20 FPS.
  • Fixed hitches when switching between different menus.
  • Fixed hitches on kill cam appearance.
  • Fixed hitches on player spawn.
  • Fixed hitches that would appear during large fights with multiple projectiles and explosions.
...and I wondered why part of textures looks worse on ultra settings, radar / map is blurred, and cokpit texture is lower.quality.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, February 08 2014 - 04:09 AM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#58 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:09 AM

those turret mode numbers are kinda confusing. it says damage 90% damage "reduction" but it's in fact 10%. so you deal only 90% damage but your damage is not decreased by 90%, 60% etc.

btw in my opinion the brawler turret could use a slight buff. 14 armor/sec is only 14% from 99dps/sec with the assault rifle. that and the 10% is still less damage reduction than for example the rocketeer with 40%.
do the math and the brawler has 833 armor from the front compared to 1227 of the rocketeer. a brawler would have to survive for 25 sec before he has the same front armor as the rocketeer.

so increase the armor regen or the front damage reduction to make the brawler turret on par with the other turret modes.

#59 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:10 AM

I did not read anything about changing the behaviour of Hellfires. So, is this a bug that will be fixed_

View PostLordTemujin, on February 07 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hellfires did NOT need to return to preascencion ability to curve 390*, they should NOT be able to whip around right angle corners because in actual life...a freaking guided rocket has something called a turn radius.

EDIT: Hellfires seem to able to follow others around corners way better than before.

Edited by ReEvolve, February 08 2014 - 04:13 AM.

#60 v009

v009

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:38 AM

Nice to see some quick changes on the Det and HE. I think having the Det do 55 damge and HE do 65 would be better as the HE is much harder to use.

Suggestion for items. Currently there is a universal cool down of 7 seconds after using an item. I think it is good but how about adding maybe a 20-30 secs cool down for that item after use.

For example I have Mk3 det and Mk1 Health orb equipped.
Currently: I can use 1 det plus my weapons to kill an A class really quick and within 7 seconds I can use the det again to finish off another  target fast with the help of the det. How about if you had a 20-30 secs cool down on the item you just used so you won't be able to use it for 20 seconds but you can use your alternative item after 7 seconds.

Also, the Raider needs a major rework on T-32 and Corsair Refire rate as it's not very good CQC as it's supposed to be. Pls check the link. https://community.pl...der-post-steam/
To all new Hawken Pilots! Press SPACE BAR and HOLD to enter GOD mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users