HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam Update Patch Notes

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#81 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted February 08 2014 - 11:05 AM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on February 08 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

View Postfingerknitter, on February 08 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

So when is the complete steam update released_

Within the next couple of weeks but we haven't stated a specific date... primarily because there isn't one in stone yet. We'll have an update on the specific timeline available by Tuesday of this coming week!
From what was billed, people concluded two patches, balancing and the February, but now we have a big mess in the information: Balance changes, suprise Steam Update but does not contain all staff e.t.c. Like always - mess in the transmission of information to players.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#82 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 08 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on February 08 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

From what was billed, people concluded two patches, balancing and the February, but now we have a big mess in the information: Balance changes, suprise Steam Update but does not contain all staff e.t.c. Like always - mess in the transmission of information to players.

They stated several times in several different threads that the version people would be playing on steam would be feature-complete but not content-complete (no map, new mech or drones etc) and that the content for the patch would come with the full steam update.
Posted Image

#83 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

Seriously, I haven't been this excited for Hawken in a VERY long time.  Snap judgements of the game right now are good: There's no real bad balance I can detect (yet), and everything just feels RIGHT.  Takes me back to the glory days of CBT 1 and 2.

I WANT THE INCINERATOR NOOOOOW.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#84 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2014 - 12:42 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on February 08 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

View Postfingerknitter, on February 08 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

So when is the complete steam update released_

Within the next couple of weeks but we haven't stated a specific date... primarily because there isn't one in stone yet. We'll have an update on the specific timeline available by Tuesday of this coming week!

That's great, thanks :)

On another note, the new TTK is something I am unsure of (if I like it more or less); however, I can say that I think some mechs adopted the balance changes better than others. I am surprised that, with how HUGE of a change to game balance, how LITTLE seems imbalanced right off the bat (in relation to the magnitude of the changes).

Also, the first two days that I played on steam (starting the day it was available on steam), I had some VERY poor framerates in larger battles - these have stopped as far as I can tell. On top of that thank you so much for fixing the eu orb/repair orb graphic from clouding up my cockpit !!!!

And one last thing, I notice that the transition from air->ground when landing is A LOT SMOOTHER, I could tell you guys updated the weapon animations without checking the patch notes; there is a lot more polish in place and don't think we didn't notice :)

Edited by fingerknitter, February 08 2014 - 12:44 PM.

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#85 rauloid

rauloid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:24 PM

After playing for a few hours today, I must say I'm pretty disappointed in this new direction Hawken has taken. Aside from the tuning points removal (the end to my air infil or cqc reaper), the new TTK has turned Hawken into the run-of-the-mill twitchy FPS. Since I never really liked the insta-kill nature of all FPS games, Hawken was an amazingly pleasant surprise for me to discover and enjoy a couple years back. You could really put skills to good use in a prolonged tactical fight, and also win against two opponents if you played well. But now its turned into COD with mechs; your game play doesn't really matter, it's just player numbers. Factor in what a sniper can do to an A-class's puny health before it can get anywhere close, and it's just that:COD.
I'll probably give it another try one of these days, but the daily play is definitely over...
:(

#86 StruttingStray

StruttingStray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:28 PM

Predator can dodge while cloaked now. Is this intentional_

#87 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 08 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostStruttingStray, on February 08 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Predator can dodge while cloaked now. Is this intentional_

Very intentional.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#88 fingerknitter

fingerknitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:07 PM

View Postrauloid, on February 08 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

After playing for a few hours today, I must say I'm pretty disappointed in this new direction Hawken has taken. Aside from the tuning points removal (the end to my air infil or cqc reaper), the new TTK has turned Hawken into the run-of-the-mill twitchy FPS. Since I never really liked the insta-kill nature of all FPS games, Hawken was an amazingly pleasant surprise for me to discover and enjoy a couple years back. You could really put skills to good use in a prolonged tactical fight, and also win against two opponents if you played well. But now its turned into COD with mechs; your game play doesn't really matter, it's just player numbers. Factor in what a sniper can do to an A-class's puny health before it can get anywhere close, and it's just that:COD.
I'll probably give it another try one of these days, but the daily play is definitely over...

You do realize that, while your "air infiltrator" may not be as strong of a loadout as before the patch (I still use it), neither will any other loadout for any other mech. Your comment is made with the assumption that only the infiltrator (for example) took a hit to one of its loadouts (which is not the case and fyi pre patch, the infiltrator was a VERY dominant mech choice).

If there are mechs that you find do not perform at the same RELATIVE level (do NOT compare to pre-patch performance) as the other mechs than it is up to you (and us) to identify that so the devs can fix.

Coming to any conclusion in "a few hours" is feckless at best however.

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on December 10 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Sure thing! :D Thanks for being constructive.
Raider Corsair to replace Brawler's TOW: MAKE IT HAPPEN
BlackSteelBrotherhood
I figured out how to enable friendly fire; get some friends, join a DM, pick team captains, and enjoy :)

#89 Vitinary

Vitinary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:14 PM

Incinerator's minigun reminds me of:
Posted Image

Edited by Vitinary, February 08 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#90 Tlee3205

Tlee3205

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 02:25 PM

When I saw incinerator I was sure it would have a flamethrower. Well, I must say that the weapons it does have are cool too..

#91 rauloid

rauloid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 04:19 PM

fingerknitter, on February 08 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Posted Imagerauloid, on , said:

You do realize that, while your "air infiltrator" may not be as strong of a loadout as before the patch (I still use it), neither will any other loadout for any other mech. Your comment is made with the assumption that only the infiltrator (for example) took a hit to one of its loadouts (which is not the case and fyi pre patch, the infiltrator was a VERY dominant mech choice).

If there are mechs that you find do not perform at the same RELATIVE level (do NOT compare to pre-patch performance) as the other mechs than it is up to you (and us) to identify that so the devs can fix.

Coming to any conclusion in "a few hours" is feckless at best however.

Well, the air inf or the cqc rpr were just two examples of how I was able to re-purpose a mech through customization (aka tuning points). Then again, if you read my post in its entirety (without skipping words) you would've realized that tuning points removal was not that big of a deal to me.
My main issue is the TTK (lowering HP while keeping damage pretty much the same). THAT is THE gamechanger (pun intended). It makes an A-class pretty much a one-shot, and rewards sniping, hellfires (no-skill-reqd weapon) and also sniping with hellfires; makes taking on two enemies (or any scenario where you're outnumbered) clear suicide. So camp away, this is COD. And the sad thing is Hawken was the only shooter that was different, but now it's gone with the same formula. I wonder why did they even bother trying to be different, when they could've done it this way from the beginning (copy COD). like one guy was saying today in chat "COD is the only game, so everything must be like it".
And lastly, before I decide to give up on it, I will try to get to like it and I will play more, it's just the joy of anticipation which always preceded my play is pretty much gone, therefore I definitely won't play it everyday, like I used to.

#92 xxTheNitexx

xxTheNitexx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted February 08 2014 - 06:34 PM

When I try to login to Hawken, the login failed page showed with an error: 51C58D8A, and "online services unavailable". Because of that I can't login_ Anyone know why_ Is it because I had an existing steam account before the transition_ Please help! Thanks!

#93 Leitmotiv_167

Leitmotiv_167

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHamburg - Germany

Posted February 09 2014 - 04:56 AM

Ah, OK... the solution for the armor/ health Problem seems to be the Rocketeer! Just sit back in turret mode, drink your coffee and kick ´em with your Hellfires. Like duckhunting. Ähm, Ducks without wings.
Works fine.Got a lot of kills today.

#94 Diamont2000

Diamont2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:03 AM

Found something interesting...
go into you pilot profile and look into your emblem-selector
the 11th one from top on the left is the abilitysimbol for the  incinderator ^^

#95 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 09 2014 - 09:14 AM

I'm glad they didn't release the incinerator yet... still got time... must... farm.... credits.......
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#96 piLatipus

piLatipus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 09:20 AM

The new balancing feels totally strange to me!
It's like I am a noob again ...
There is no more fun.
Keep the ability point changes but give the old amora level back!

#97 PredatorAl1ve

PredatorAl1ve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 09:36 AM

WHY ISN'T MY CODE DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#98 Evacerberus

Evacerberus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 10:51 AM

So far I like the new patch, but I feel like the Brawler, (who was one of my favorite and most used mechs) is severely outclassed by other heavy options. His nerf to only 10% reduction in the front and 55% extra taken in the rear has drastically dropped it's usage for me. While I understand the intended goal was to reduce the TTK, the Rocketeer in comparison is enjoying a comfy 40% reduction in the front, making it not only quite viable in this new meta, but honestly quite a bit harder to take out. I think that the brawler, who was meant for front line heavy hitting, should at least see a bit of an upgrade in that damage reduction, for now he's now out-dps'd, out-armored, and outlasted by many other choices. I have seen a few people put it to work with HEAVY support, so if that was the intention, I suppose it worked. My apologies for the rant, but I do strongly feel like it should get a bit of a buff next re-balance.

Edited by Evacerberus, February 09 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#99 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted February 09 2014 - 02:21 PM

Bugs Fixed
  • EOC-Predator Mines detonated on proximity even when the player was not in line of sight.

ALL OF MY LOVE

#100 Xynno

Xynno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostEvacerberus, on February 09 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

So far I like the new patch, but I feel like the Brawler, (who was one of my favorite and most used mechs) is severely outclassed by other heavy options. His nerf to only 10% reduction in the front and 55% extra taken in the rear has drastically dropped it's usage for me. While I understand the intended goal was to reduce the TTK, the Rocketeer in comparison is enjoying a comfy 40% reduction in the front, making it not only quite viable in this new meta, but honestly quite a bit harder to take out. I think that the brawler, who was meant for front line heavy hitting, should at least see a bit of an upgrade in that damage reduction, for now he's now out-dps'd, out-armored, and outlasted by many other choices. I have seen a few people put it to work with HEAVY support, so if that was the intention, I suppose it worked. My apologies for the rant, but I do strongly feel like it should get a bit of a buff next re-balance.

Don't use brawlers turret mode immediately when fighting. With his dodge time down from his old 1.71 with full suspension, he's gotten quite a tad better at peekaboo. Also do not chase your opponents, you don't have the speed to retreat should you chase them into a group of waiting enemy allies.

With everyone's armor being paper thin your flak cannon + tow combo alpha strike will wipe out a rather sizable chunk out of your opponents health. If you use cover to your advantage you'll find that the brawler is now in fact the most durable, and has rather high burst damage should you play him to his strengths.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users