HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN Mentors - New players look here for help.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:16 PM

In the future there might be threads in which new players ask for clues on how to play. Sure enough that there are multitudes of guides on "how-to play" and on the selection of mechs currently available, but that reading the product is vastly different than playing the product (I assume you don't read guides while under pressured combat, do you_...). This is where this thread comes into play.

Here, for anyone willing, can accept a "mentor" position and help the new players with basic mechanics, and possibly advanced ones too! People who want to be a mentor can simply post here, and I'll generate the list. Similarly, anyone looking for help, can post here too and maybe they will be contacted by players who can spare some time to teach you the basics.

Example Application
-Name
-Time Zone
-OPTIONAL: Specialization(s) (specific mechs/classes etc)
-OPTIONAL: Proficiency(ies)/remarks (Map knowledge_ General knowledge of mechs_)

HAWKEN Mentors

Feel free to add them for help!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Personally, I'm going to need some help with this game too, so I might as well sign up as a position as a new player. X))
**Moderators, if this doesn't fit this topics criteria, then feel free to move it.

EDIT: Formatting of post

Edited by Zeus154, February 09 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:55 PM

There was a thread like this already started here, https://community.pl...raining-thread/

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#3 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostExeon, on February 09 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

There was a thread like this already started here, https://community.pl...raining-thread/

Case closed. I might delete this. :o

Edited by Zeus154, February 09 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:04 PM

What is the minimum skill level to be mentored_ I would love some feedback on my play and at times I really stink. Other times I do really well and beat most I come across.

#5 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:09 PM

View PostDesert_Fox2, on February 09 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

What is the minimum skill level to be mentored_ I would love some feedback on my play and at times I really stink. Other times I do really well and beat most I come across.

I'll direct you to this thread...

https://community.pl...raining-thread/

#6 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted February 09 2014 - 07:15 PM

I would say this(strategy and tactics) is probably the better location to discuss such topics. I made my response quite hastily and didn't realize this was not in general discussion xD sorry

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#7 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted February 09 2014 - 10:36 PM

The list already exists, and we would be happy to have you as a mentor! i would also be happy to look at how you play and give you some pointers I'm no xacius, but I'm pretty darn decent with over 400 hours played since alpha 2.
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#8 Zeus154

Zeus154

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostSkrill, on February 09 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

The list already exists, and we would be happy to have you as a mentor! i would also be happy to look at how you play and give you some pointers I'm no xacius, but I'm pretty darn decent with over 400 hours played since alpha 2.

I'll try my best, but I won't guarantee anything, that I'll perform good. :P

I'll be seeing you soon.

#9 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted February 10 2014 - 08:52 AM

awesome!
Posted Image