HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A possible way for item regeneration much like the past patch.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted February 10 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostSHEEPUNITE, on February 10 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

The removal of recharging Items( while realistic ) Has taken away the tactical advantage to staying alive it offered. While the obvious and only incentive to remain alive now is K/D it felt great being rewarded by the game with in combat tools, rather than just a stat.

Got me thinking. There are many that liked the ability that items recharge over time from the previous patch, so it would be nice to still give them that option.
  • Item Reconstructor (3 slots) - Restores 1 charge to all items the item currently selected. (You can switch with the mouse wheel) for every  200 - 340 points (around there) collected from repair orbs.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 10 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 10 2014 - 10:22 AM

That idea is nice but I guess this would become a "mandatory" item for everyone... I like it though :lol:

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 10 2014 - 10:33 AM

I suggest to change your item slightly to this:

Scrap Reconstructor (3 slots):

When standing near scrap of a killed mech (no matter if enemy or teammate) your Reconstructor will build a similar version of the item currently selected. (You can switch with the mouse wheel)

Because you easily could drop a heal charge to regenerate a shield or whatever which his kind of perpetuum mobile ...

Edited by FakeName, February 10 2014 - 10:33 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostFakeName, on February 10 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

I suggest to change your item slightly to this:

Scrap Reconstructor (3 slots):

When standing near scrap of a killed mech (no matter if enemy or teammate) your Reconstructor will build a similar version of the item currently selected. (You can switch with the mouse wheel)

Because you easily could drop a heal charge to regenerate a shield or whatever which his kind of perpetuum mobile ...

I know, that was an intentional design choice to allow more tactical opportunities. I do like the changes to making it 3 slots, ReEvolve is right that it does give to much, and "item currently selected. (You can switch with the mouse wheel)"

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted February 10 2014 - 11:03 AM

restore the last one !!!! please !

Posted Image

#6 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2014 - 07:22 AM

This would end up being a "mandatory" internal.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#7 Gunmoku

Gunmoku

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationThe mystical, magical land of Right Over There

Posted February 11 2014 - 09:27 AM

Riddle me this: How about putting "Refill Stations" back at your base or around the map if it's Co-Op_  This MAY get old real quick, but it adds a possible layer to tactics involving coordinating retreats, cycling in and out players, etc.

View PostRED_FIVE, on September 04 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

YER A RAIDER, HARRY.

#8 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostGunmoku, on February 11 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

Riddle me this: How about putting "Refill Stations" back at your base or around the map if it's Co-Op_  This MAY get old real quick, but it adds a possible layer to tactics involving coordinating retreats, cycling in and out players, etc.

Maybe a deplorable item, to help promote teamplay_

The refill station is also a nice idea, but seeing as how there are no bases in DM or TDM, where could you put them so people aren't camping around them_

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 11 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

This would end up being a "mandatory" internal.

I can see that, but 3 slots is a lot, and eliminates many options for other internals. (personally for some mechs and the new TTK I don't think its really wroth it, as you are mostly to die anyway before you can really take advantage of it..... in most cases anyway.) Could always bump it up a gain and make it the first 4 slot internal :lol:

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 11 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#9 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostShadowWarg, on February 11 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

The refill station is also a nice idea, but seeing as how there are no bases in DM or TDM, where could you put them so people aren't camping around them_

That would be interesting.  "Need a dispenser here!"

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hehehe. ^_^
This is unintentionally funny because: Deplorable - adjective 1. deserving strong condemnation. synonyms: disgraceful, shameful

But I get you mean "deployable".
About that. I assume that a dispenser couldn't refill dispenser items if it followed the MkI-III design, otherwise you could just take a Mk1 and infinitely resupply yourself. Or it would have to automatically be a 4-slot item that could refill itself, but the drawback is you can only have a Mk1 as your other item.

I can see that, but 3 slots is a lot, and eliminates many options for other internals. (personally for some mechs and the new TTK I don't think its really wroth it, as you are mostly to die anyway before you can really take advantage of it..... in most cases anyway.) Could always bump it up a gain and make it the first 4 slot internal :lol:
I don't know, I'm surviving long enough that I could make use of this on most mechs, except for perhaps the Scout.

Going away from an item or internal theme, what if there were refill stations on the maps_ Not just in the base, but on the battlefield.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'd just have it in the game, as a  reward in   objective-based modes, for example  - restore 1 item after delivering EU/ Capturing Missile Sylo,

- lok'tar ogar -

#12 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 11 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Hehehe. ^_^
This is unintentionally funny because: Deplorable - adjective 1. deserving strong condemnation. synonyms: disgraceful, shameful

But I get you mean "deployable".
About that. I assume that a dispenser couldn't refill dispenser items if it followed the MkI-III design, otherwise you could just take a Mk1 and infinitely resupply yourself. Or it would have to automatically be a 4-slot item that could refill itself, but the drawback is you can only have a Mk1 as your other item.

NOPE, I meant what I said :lol: (j/k. but now I really don't want to change it)

I don't know, I'm surviving long enough that I could make use of this on most mechs, except for perhaps the Scout.
Yeah but is it worth it that much that you would chose it over every other internal_ even if it was 4 slots_ I know that it would be for me, I don't live that long. It would also depend on just how much it would take to restore an item.

Going away from an item or internal theme, what if there were refill stations on the maps_ Not just in the base, but on the battlefield.
I am perfectly fine with that. I'm probably just over thinking it, but wonder if people would camp around them.

Edited by ShadowWarg, February 11 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#13 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2014 - 02:48 PM

View PostShadowWarg, on February 11 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

I am perfectly fine with that. I'm probably just over thinking it, but wonder if people would camp around them.
The trick is you put them just far enough and just awkwardly enough that camping them doesn't quite work. However, controlling the area around them becomes important. You can also stick a cooldown on the stations, so that you can't just sit there and have infinite items, which again promotes map control.

For modes like MA and Siege, this would help add some much needed depth, because it would promote map control that isn't just the objective. For all intents and purposes, it's basically like weapon, ammo or health pickups in older arena shooters or the Halo series.

It's not absolutely necessary to control these points, but it can be highly beneficial and creates more interesting strategies when it comes to team play.

In a mode like TDM, the placement could be done so that the stations are away from all the best camping areas. Huddling up in the safest place possible may not be the best strategy, because you're giving up the ability to resupply powerful resources, making attrition an even greater threat.

AJK is right

#14 Greenvalv

Greenvalv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 11 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

For modes like MA and Siege, this would help add some much needed depth, because it would promote map control that isn't just the objective. For all intents and purposes, it's basically like weapon, ammo or health pickups in older arena shooters or the Halo series.
Always did love those epic standoffs at the beginning of a match in Halo over the rocket launcher/sniper rifle spots.
Posted Image

#15 Eliziel

Eliziel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted April 01 2014 - 09:44 AM

I miss that items had cooldowns, they were too fast IMO, but please bring back item cooldowns. Maybe try doubling the CD duration_

#16 Nosmer

Nosmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 11:39 AM

How about recharging items with EU collector in Siege mode_ Infinite charges anywhere outside of this mode still sound too imba.

#17 SuperSpartacus

SuperSpartacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWestern MA, US

Posted April 06 2014 - 06:46 AM

This would be a great way to add "map control points" to TDM.

#18 FigNewtonGuy

FigNewtonGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 14 2014 - 02:05 PM

If they put those back, it would really make the game  uneven. Think about a scout or tech that uses turrets. They would be able to spam as many turrets as they please. Place turret, then grab another. It would just cause people to freak out due to cheats. Just wouldn't work.

#19 Madman01

Madman01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted April 15 2014 - 12:41 PM

correct me if im wrong  but doesn't placing a turret blow your last one up_    also I would love to see reusable items come back, I miss that from way back in the early days, I have no idea why they removed this in the first place, bring back regenerating items, maybe with a longer cooldown then before or something, regenerating items did have flaws but the new system has more

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users