HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Add some gametime to tdm

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:12 AM

In the past dozen or so matches I've played notices that the games end up ending because of time instead of because we've reached the kill limit.

For the first minute or so on certain maps you don't even see the enemy sometimes so I think just a couple more minutes would be necessary to complete a match.

Let me know what you think.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#2 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:19 AM

Well, they reduced the match time with the recent patches but I'm not sure why they did that. Most matches that would have taken longer than 10/12 minutes are the matches which are the most fun. These matches often take so long since both teams are giving the best they've got and give the enemy no quarter.

So yeah, even though I'm okay with the new match time, I'd like to see tem adding a few minutes to the match time / reverting the match time back to the old values. :)

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:20 AM

Working as intended, and there's nothing wrong with ending without meeting the max score.

Posted Image

#4 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted February 13 2014 - 08:22 AM

View Postnokari, on February 13 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Working as intended, and there's nothing wrong with ending without meeting the max score.

I dislike it because it means I don't get my full xp benefits of getting that one or two extra kills. Plus then it's less waiting in the lobby and more actually playing the game.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#5 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

#6 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted February 13 2014 - 09:56 AM

Or maybe keep things the same and increase the time per match_

A 2 minute difference is not that large but could be the changing factor to ending rounds.

#7 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostEzio, on February 13 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

View Postnokari, on February 13 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

I dislike it because it means I don't get my full xp benefits of getting that one or two extra kills. Plus then it's less waiting in the lobby and more actually playing the game.

DM and TDM give out the lowest XP no matter what, so you're already going about it wrong. If you want XP, play MA or Seige. Seige is the best one for earning XP.

Also the shorter DM/TDM matches means you're playing more matches too. It means a greater variety of matchups and less likely you'll run into quitters that don't want to be stuck in long matches getting stomped.

Posted Image

#8 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted February 13 2014 - 02:02 PM

View Postnokari, on February 13 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

DM and TDM give out the lowest XP no matter what, so you're already going about it wrong. If you want XP, play MA or Seige. Seige is the best one for earning XP.

Also the shorter DM/TDM matches means you're playing more matches too. It means a greater variety of matchups and less likely you'll run into quitters that don't want to be stuck in long matches getting stomped.

Appreciate the response. Didn't know that there was a better xp option. I'll have to check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users