HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best mech_

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 icor1031

icor1031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:01 PM

I have MC to spend, but I'm a noob.

Are there any mechs that are OP_

Thanks.

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:03 PM

Haha, no mechs are OP. Skill > mech. Don't waste your MC on any mechs that can be easily purchased with HC, so spend your MC on some cosmetics.

Buy a mech (with HC) that fits your playstyle.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 WTFuzzyBunny

WTFuzzyBunny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image

#4 vFatManv

vFatManv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:04 PM

The scout is pretty OP from what I have seen recently.  They have low HP though so may need some skill to play them.

#5 icor1031

icor1031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:06 PM

Right on. Most games don't achieve that (i.e. world of tanks.)
I suppose it's a good idea to buy an XP upgrade, so I can get the unlocks sooner_

Silverfire, on February 13 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Haha, no mechs are OP. Skill > mech. Don't waste your MC on any mechs that can be easily purchased with HC, so spend your MC on some cosmetics.

Buy a mech (with HC) that fits your playstyle.

#6 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:07 PM

It's not necessarily OP, but it has been hit with lower HP and more punishing heat mechanics from what I've heard, per lateset patch.  It does require skill to do well with, it is not a "roflstomp regardless of skill" mech.

Posted Image

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#7 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:08 PM

icor1031, on February 13 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Right on. Most games don't achieve that (i.e. world of tanks.)
I suppose it's a good idea to buy an XP upgrade, so I can get the unlocks sooner_

You could buy an XP or HC booster if you like, but personally, I've never really had problems accruing XP or HC, so I'd spend it on cosmetics, but to each his own. Buy it if you like, but my advice stands. Don't buy mechs with MC.

Posted Image

#8 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sharp Shooter.

My god is it OP. BAM BAM, no recoil, instant hit, high damage. It's bull too, cause all the maps are huge, open for snipers.

#9 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:12 PM

Mkilbride, on February 13 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Sharp Shooter.

My god is it OP. BAM BAM, no recoil, instant hit, high damage. It's bull too, cause all the maps are huge, open for snipers.

SS is a bit unbalanced right now, but there are SS damage nerfs that are coming, or have already been added to the game.  But yes, I'd say about 60% of the maps benefit SS or any type of sniper weaponry.

Posted Image

#10 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:19 PM

The more recent maps tend to be designed like shooting galleries.  Snipers themselves are probably fine, but the terrain advantage they have in some places is crazy.

#11 icor1031

icor1031

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 13 2014 - 12:23 PM

Cosmetics are very expensive! At first, I thought I wouldn't be able to spend all my MC on those. Now, I'm not so sure. ;)

#12 50_FT_Under

50_FT_Under

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 07:55 AM

I like the basic mech

#13 mrvile

mrvile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:04 AM

1. I wouldn't invest in a mech based on its relative effectiveness. Things are bound to change, if any mechs seem unbalanced they will likely be balanced in the future. The devs have done a lot to keep things balanced and will continue to do so.

2. Pick a mech based on the playstyle you enjoy. That's really the only differences between the mechs.

3. If I were you I'd keep playing the game for a few more days to get a better feel for things, by then you'll have accumulated enough HC to unlock a mech. Maybe you'll have a better idea of what you want. Don't be so quick to spend money on a F2P game.

#14 HatesYourFace

HatesYourFace

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:38 AM

Although no mech is "OP" I will attempt to list them in their respective order in the Meta. (By which I mean how they are generally perceived by most people, I expect many people will disagree with my list, but you know...opinions.) I don't think anyone should base their decision on the meta (As it changes constantly, and also you should pick the mech that you enjoy playing.) But if this helps you make a choice I don't see the harm in it. You will learn the pecking order eventually anyways on your own.

A class: Scout>Inf>Berserker>Reaper>Technician

B Class: Assault>SS>Bruiser>CRT>Raider>Pred

C class: Vanguard>Rocketeer>Incinerator>Grenadier>Brawler

And A>B>C generally. That said every mech has it's place, and you can run servers 30 and 0 in any of them if you play them right. (I know, I have all of them.)

Edited by HatesYourFace, March 11 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

I also play on "PoundSignYoloSwag" (Assault/G2 Assault) and "FriendshipIsMagic" (Rocketeer) But haven't been able to add them to my Sig yet due to computer problems.

#15 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:54 AM

don't spend meteor credits to unlock mechs... especiallly if you are a "noob"

play out the crt.  It's a good mech.  Save meteor for cosmetics.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#16 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:06 AM

DFTR, on March 11 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

don't spend meteor credits to unlock mechs... especiallly if you are a "noob"

play out the crt.  It's a good mech.  Save meteor for cosmetics.

Unless of course you want to dump wadges of money in to it to help the developers
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#17 Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted March 11 2014 - 09:13 AM

G2 assault :D

Trololol

#18 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 11 2014 - 08:04 PM

HatesYourFace, on March 11 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Although no mech is "OP" I will attempt to list them in their respective order in the Meta. (By which I mean how they are generally perceived by most people, I expect many people will disagree with my list, but you know...opinions.) I don't think anyone should base their decision on the meta (As it changes constantly, and also you should pick the mech that you enjoy playing.) But if this helps you make a choice I don't see the harm in it. You will learn the pecking order eventually anyways on your own.

A class: Scout>Inf>Berserker>Reaper>Technician

B Class: Assault>SS>Bruiser>CRT>Raider>Pred

C class: Vanguard>Rocketeer>Incinerator>Grenadier>Brawler

And A>B>C generally. That said every mech has it's place, and you can run servers 30 and 0 in any of them if you play them right. (I know, I have all of them.)

I think your list is probably accurate (might put Beserker above Infil right now given how bad the Infil's special ability is and how good airdodging is)... unfortunately my favorite mechs are Grenadier, Predator, and Reaper.

Although I feel I may play the best w/ Assault (based on how my MMR has gone), I have much more fun w/ the above 3 mechs.  For some reason I could never become comfortable w/ Vanguard.  I wanted some sort of burst weapon for him.
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#19 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted March 12 2014 - 12:01 AM

If you like to play team play, the rocketeer gives you a high reward with minimal learning.  Peek around the corner, start your lock, duck back, wait for lock to complete and then arc your hellfires around the corner and repeat.  dumbfiring hellfires and a staccato of seekers will soften a deathball nicely for your team to mop up.

A competent rocketeer on a team with good composition will play the dulcet music of funeral bells for the opposition.  Sit back and enjoy the screams of the damned.  :P

Welcome to the game!

Edited by driedjello, March 12 2014 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#20 Goretastik

Goretastik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 08 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hello All

First things first.......

THANK YOU Makers of the game and Upkeepers of the game.
I just wanted to say Thank You and that it is the first free game I've played that I actually enjoy!

As for the best Mech....mmmmm

Im new but will play a while.......feel it out as another above me posted, good suggestion.

I still may buy 10 bucks worth .....guys and gals.....this is how they upkeep the game, the servers, buy coffee and feed their families.
So...do the right thing when you feel you wish to.

Not to be a noob....but if a big guru is reading this...Listen Up.....

You are missing all the Ladies ...........make a mech or feminine style genre for the Ladies....a whole new demographic for the game.
My girlfriend really really wants that......and is some what pissed----all guy type game... get a girl designer she said....and she likes the play but Like a meck called Daisy Killer for example.......feminine like....you get the Idea....it opens a whole new demographic for a brand new income stream___ ya duh... LOL same pwr but fem.

Ok I said my piece.

Still nice nice nice game and Thank You again.
Look forward to more great games and unlocks.

Going to spend 10 bucks......Its Hawken what more do you want_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users