HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Thoughts On Tech_

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Feel About The Tech (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the Tech at this current moment...

1. Over-Powered (24 votes [16.33%])

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

2. Balanced (97 votes [65.99%])

Percentage of vote: 65.99%

3. Under-Powered (26 votes [17.69%])

Percentage of vote: 17.69%

How much are you enjoying the Tech_

1. Orgrasm (22 votes [15.17%])

Percentage of vote: 15.17%

2. I like (64 votes [44.14%])

Percentage of vote: 44.14%

3. Meh (28 votes [19.31%])

Percentage of vote: 19.31%

4. I dislike (10 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

5. Hate with Passion (21 votes [14.48%])

Percentage of vote: 14.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Kdansky

Kdansky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 06:24 AM

So there's a new patch, and a few changes, and the tech got a new gun, and he's still breaking the game.

How about you add some servers where we can deactivate the tech_ I've literally stopped playing Hawken more than once a week, because that single class is so infuriatingly breaking the whole game. Yes, he's OP, but that's not the problem. The issue is that he turns games that are about flanking, about poking the enemy out of position, about trying to get a good solid hit and converting it into a kill into a boring slug-fest, where two teams camp on each side of a bottle-neck, getting healed by the tech, and throwing rockets at each other in the hopes of accidentally bursting down a guy. It's like 2fort all over again.

Please remove the tech. Please make servers where there is no tech. I do not see a future for this game right now, at least half the player base utterly despises the tech, and most have already left. More stuff isn't always better!

Edited by Kdansky, May 10 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#62 kasei

kasei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 10:49 AM

Honestly, I thoroughly enjoy this game (and spent money on it too), but the tech ruins matches for me. I don't even like them on my team, because it makes things unbalanced. There are other games I can play that give me the option to opt of the usage of certain weapons, maps, classes, etc. Eventually I'll get tired of it, and I'm just going to go back to one of those.

Edited by kasei, May 11 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image

#63 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted May 11 2014 - 04:40 PM

I love the tech... When it's on my team. I just started using it myself, and a good tech can turn a game.  
If you can't kill a lite mech, you have other problems.
it's always been wankershim

#64 Absolutum

Absolutum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 13 2014 - 01:35 PM

It's become quite clear to me the devs implemented the tech into the game to draw people from the TF2-crowd over and to get more paying customers. But the tech as it is now has no place in a game like Hawken. The devs need to get it straight what kind of game they want, an awesome fast-paced mech-FPS or TF2: Mech edition (which would be awesome, but it's not what I play Hawken for).

What I don't understand the most though is many people here comparing the tech to the TF2 medic.
Last I checked TF2's medic wasn't as fast and agile as the scout-class, unlike the technician which can boost and use air compressors while still healing and having the exceedingly small hitbox of an A-Class.
Also the medic's ubercharge, which turned you and the person you are healing invincible, needed you to heal teammates for anywhere between 40 to 80 seconds before you could use it. Hawken's techie though has no such limitation and can immediately pop it's Amp skill after every respawn. And don't forget its rather low cooldown, which can be even further reduced by using replenisher.

The only real counter to the tech is having one yourself which clearly shows how gamebreaking it is. Others here have already posted in very concise and clear posts how exactly the techie is ruining the game and why the arguments "shoot the techie first!!1!!" or "well then get one yourself!!11!!" are stupid, so I will forego that.

I really like Hawken, I really do, but whenever a tech joins, it pretty much ruins the entire game. If a dev reads this, please, PLEASE do something about the tech.

Edited by Absolutum, May 13 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#65 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted May 15 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostAbsolutum, on May 13 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

The only real counter to the tech is having one yourself which clearly shows how gamebreaking it is.

I disagree. Any 2 mechs firing on a tech can take him down with the exception of when green beamed, and that doesnt last long.

Tech on an Incinerator with a couple of power classes lingering is a pretty powerful combo however.

#66 Farlanghn

Farlanghn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted May 16 2014 - 01:00 AM

View PostAbsolutum, on May 13 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

It's become quite clear to me the devs implemented the tech into the game to draw people from the TF2-crowd over and to get more paying customers. But the tech as it is now has no place in a game like Hawken. The devs need to get it straight what kind of game they want, an awesome fast-paced mech-FPS or TF2: Mech edition (which would be awesome, but it's not what I play Hawken for).

What I don't understand the most though is many people here comparing the tech to the TF2 medic.
Last I checked TF2's medic wasn't as fast and agile as the scout-class, unlike the technician which can boost and use air compressors while still healing and having the exceedingly small hitbox of an A-Class.
Also the medic's ubercharge, which turned you and the person you are healing invincible, needed you to heal teammates for anywhere between 40 to 80 seconds before you could use it. Hawken's techie though has no such limitation and can immediately pop it's Amp skill after every respawn. And don't forget its rather low cooldown, which can be even further reduced by using replenisher.

The only real counter to the tech is having one yourself which clearly shows how gamebreaking it is. Others here have already posted in very concise and clear posts how exactly the techie is ruining the game and why the arguments "shoot the techie first!!1!!" or "well then get one yourself!!11!!" are stupid, so I will forego that.

I really like Hawken, I really do, but whenever a tech joins, it pretty much ruins the entire game. If a dev reads this, please, PLEASE do something about the tech.

As long as you focus your fire on the tech it will die in a few secs. Yet most people I see attack the mech that is shooting you and its pointless because its healing. Many times my team heals without a tech because you got to know the strategy of kill the healer, then everyone else.

TF2 is not the only game that has a healer. The healer is used in multiple games usually for people who like to play but aren't going to be the kill leader in any match. Thats why you get points for healing. Its supposed to encourage team work.

Techs skill cooldown is a minute. Not really low by any means.

Edited by Farlanghn, May 16 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#67 Stingz

Stingz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted May 17 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostFarlanghn, on May 16 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

Techs skill cooldown is a minute. Not really low by any means.

Add Replenisher and it's about -5/10 seconds every assist.
Running directly to/from sniper fire means you'll die tired. Taking cover gives (Ke-)Sabot time to reload.
Someone elses data of Hawken gear/mechs | and another one

#68 TiGGAMAN

TiGGAMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 01:11 PM

I love my Tech, which I have personally named "The Undertaker". However, after a long wait for a prestige weapon, I feel short changed. The "Hawkins RPR" feels way more effective in battle than the "PN223" which looks cool, sounds amazing but isn't worth the 5400(appx) credits I paid for it. Even with my ability activated, my opponents are counting their lucky stars as I bring them to within an inch of their lives than promptly overheat! Switching back to the RPR until you make it worth while. Rip-off!

#69 m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 02:07 PM

Has anyone here played a pred besides meraple_ Tech is op unless the team that doesn't have One has a pred. It takes only one alpha and another puck to kill a tech in a pred. The pred is the perfect counter to the tech while still being viable in offensive engagements.

#70 ninjab3ta

ninjab3ta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 03:52 PM

View Postm0bieduck, on May 20 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Has anyone here played a pred besides meraple_ Tech is op unless the team that doesn't have One has a pred. It takes only one alpha and another puck to kill a tech in a pred. The pred is the perfect counter to the tech while still being viable in offensive engagements.

Except the pred is fuzzy bunny for high-level play because it's predictable and nigh-useless for front-line engaging.

#71 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted May 20 2014 - 09:49 PM

I like how everyone saying "focus fire" the tech seem to forget about the pet and the other opposing team mates... anyways I don't mind a healing class I just mind a healing class which is just hold RPM and look at your heat bar every 10 seconds... SKILL HEALS FTW

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users