HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

First 500 Meteor

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 VoxelLab

VoxelLab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi there im new to Hawken but i realised that I had 500 Meteor to start with does any of you guys have any sugestions to what would be good to buy for them__ :)

#2 MexichanMan

MexichanMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted February 19 2014 - 08:39 AM

If you plan on playing a lot, buying an hc or xp booster would really help. However, if you find a cosmetic you like, that could also be a good purchase. I would avoid buying any weapons/internals/items with mc.
Black Steel Brotherhood: http://bsb-gaming.com
Stream: http://twitch.tv/mexichanman
Join the first competitive Hawken league!  
http://www.tpgleague.org/hwk/

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted February 19 2014 - 08:42 AM

Cosmetics, trust me, you will become much better! (No just joking) But Cosmetics is a really good choice as they are permanent. If you unlock weapons ... you will regret that later because you will unlock them sooner or later anyways and they are not better than the startign weapon.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted February 19 2014 - 02:39 PM

GET COSMETICZ TO LOOK KOOL!!!!  Seriously, there is a reason why some people call this game "Pimp My Mechs" for a reason. :D

#5 Omegafaction

Omegafaction

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 03:21 AM

My only problem with the cosmetic upgrades is they only effect one mech per purchase.  It's going to get really expensive if you want all the cool stuff on all your mechs.  They need to change that in my opinion.

#6 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 04:55 AM

heh I have similar doubt...
in case of cosmetics... at this moment I'm pretty glad with my mechs looking (vanguard in elite-version chasis+drone for leveling up+free emote + free holopuck....) so actualli I have no idea what from cosmetics I'd buy for those 500 MC...

was considering keeping it for exp overflow transition to some other mechs or buying hc+exp (or only hc) bonus when I'll know I'll have to for a little nolifing :D

but yeah at this moment I have no idea what do do so I just keep them....
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

#7 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted February 20 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostOmegafaction, on February 20 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

My only problem with the cosmetic upgrades is they only effect one mech per purchase.

Well, there are a few cosmetic items which are universal as well (for example some special event items like the current "Valentines day" skins). So if you don't know what to buy with the starting MC just save it for later. Maybe there's a universal cosmetic item that you like in the future.

#8 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted February 20 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostMexichanMan, on February 19 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

If you plan on playing a lot, buying an hc or xp booster would really help. However, if you find a cosmetic you like, that could also be a good purchase. I would avoid buying any weapons/internals/items with mc.
boosters are really overpriced now, only 50% bonus for roughly same coast, i wouldn't recommend them -_- only if you really don't need any cosmetics

Edited by Ker4u, February 20 2014 - 05:50 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#9 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 20 2014 - 06:05 AM

I would recommend you spend a little on XP and/or HC boosts to help you unlock things faster and add more mechs. Do it around a time when you know you'll have many hours to play, otherwise they go to waste because the timer doesn't stop.
Save the rest, or all of it, until you have more mechs and then use the remainder to customize your favorite mechs. If you use it all now on your first 1-2 mechs, you may regret it later.

Posted Image

#10 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 20 2014 - 06:36 AM

I remember spending those credits on HC booster and now I regret it (and it was back when boosters were 2x, not 1,5x). XP booster would be even worse choice, because you'll find yourself having fully XPed mech, but almost no HC to upgrade - that leads to farming and farming leads to many many useless overflow XP (and PLS FFS DON'T spend MC to convert overflow XP, that's like the worst thing to spend MC on).

Go for cosmetics or just save them until you make your choice about your favorite mech, there's no other way to get cosmetics than MC.

Edited by Zaxik, February 20 2014 - 06:40 AM.

Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#11 Elladan

Elladan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:18 PM

actually as I finally made it force myself to stand flak canon long enought and got on brawler SA hawkins....

and actually I felt in need of improving appearance of it (Brawler) so I bought on it new chasis and camo for those MC - and have 64 left with no idea what to do with that :D
"There are only 10 types of people: those who konws, binary, those who don't and those whoa were not expecting a jok about tetriary...."

"cause I am the VANGUARD"[pic W.I.P here]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users