HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Developers participating in forum_

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationUS East - Florida

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:49 PM

Sorry for the repeat threads in multiple areas, I didn't know one actually posted and one was supposed to be a separate poll.

Please note everybody, this isn't an attack but more of an inquiry before I go spending money on the game. I want to know if things are being worked on according to feedback essentially, but I understand everyone thought I was coming off as too upset.

I was having a problem I was frustrated with that has since been mostly figured out, and have edited as many of my posts as I could remember to accordingly. Sorry again for any troubles or misunderstandings.

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:40 AM.

"Hey Ridley, you got any Beeman's_"
"Yeah, I think I might got me a stick."
"Loan me some will you, I'll pay you back later"

- Cpt. Chuck Yeager / Lt. Jack Ridley, The Right Stuff

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted February 19 2014 - 10:55 PM

They are here, very often. Seen a guy called [HWK]Huges_ He is one of them. And ZamboniChaos, the community manager.

They are communicating with us all the time.
I`ll fix it later.

#3 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:09 PM

I have yet to see them in any thread about the Incinerator, responding to questions about the Incinerator, or any sign of them caring about Incinerator balance in the thread they created regarding the update concerning Incinerator balance.

I am not having a good experience with the game atm with grinding to unlock a weapon that isn't useless because the one I did seems to have gotten worse, with no listed reason as to why, and no reason or response as to why the stat description is so wacky.

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:41 AM.

#4 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:10 PM

--deleted because OP has edited his post and my comment is no longer relevant--

Kudos to OP for fixing things up

Edited by dEd101, February 20 2014 - 01:47 AM.

General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#5 Hocisern

Hocisern

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque NM

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:14 PM

devs are on these forums all. the. frikin. time. chillax bro. visit colorado.

#6 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 11:14 PM

One is a poll so I posted it in Polls, one is a post I made in Suggestions, then I saw the more applicable Website and Forums section so I posted it here.

If I could find away to delete them now I could, since I finally figured out my problem, but I still wish I saw more communication going on.

I am also not the first person to say the communication is lacking, and I may be new here but not to the game. They may be here "all the time" but I haven't seen any posts recently that were anything outside of emoticons and jokes, and nothing regarding actual plans, balance, problems, or any other important information.

It's one thing hoping a developer will show up in the forums when there is an issue. Its another watching them come online, post a thread, respond to everyone in the thread that didn't ask an actual question about the game or update and then leave.

I would hope somehow the devs cared about my negative experience with the game and why I thought I was having a problem. Even though I was missing something, there was a reason for that that could probably be addressed.

Edited by CptCoy, February 20 2014 - 12:36 AM.

#7 Qazda

Qazda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted February 20 2014 - 01:01 AM

Looking at your profile I see that it has been viewed by both [HWK]ZamboniChaos (the community manager) and [HWK]Hughes (the producer) so you might take that as a sign that at least they read the forums and saw your posts.
Although if I were a developer I wouldn't really know how to react to them.

Posted Image

#8 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted February 20 2014 - 02:12 AM

You should probably cut them some slack. The transition to steam is very likely putting a lot of stress on the team.

Prior to the move to steam the dev team had settled into a nice rythm, with weekly updates about the development process from the producer. For the steam build itself they even invited players over to their offices, to play and comment on the new build. Prior to the Ascension release a while ago, they made the development build available to groups of players to test and comment on.

That being said, actual involvement in ongoing discussions on the forums is rather low. Occasionally they post to clarify some mechanics, or point out some mistakes, but they let the discussions usually take their course without intervening too much. And that is probably a good thing, they want player feedback, not guided feedback.

So, they read the forums, provide occasional comments in ongoing discussions, regularly inform the players about ongoing developments................and then usually do something that nobody was expecting :lol:

#9 CptCoy

CptCoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted February 22 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostQazda, on February 20 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

Looking at your profile I see that it has been viewed by both [HWK]ZamboniChaos (the community manager) and [HWK]Hughes (the producer) so you might take that as a sign that at least they read the forums and saw your posts.
Although if I were a developer I wouldn't really know how to react to them.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, and reached the same conclusion. I realized there wasn't really a response to be given and toned everything down accordingly.

Doesn't change my opinion on just wishing on acknowledgement ala "Yes we recognize that is a problem" or "You might be missing this gameplay mechanic"

It turns out I was missing an important gameplay element, but I had to find out the hard way what it was. I sort of wish someone just popped in with some advice in one of the threads I was posting in about it.

M4MA and PPA do have some major tweaking to do, and I love Incinerator so much I just want it to be playable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users