HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Destructible map

Video Game

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 thatnewyorker

thatnewyorker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 01:10 PM

So when are we getting this_ I like the Physx we currently have but my rig can handle more.

#2 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted February 21 2014 - 01:27 PM

The last we heard was a few months ago in a q-n-a, the team was apparently close to getting new tools and assets from nvidia that would help them increase performance and also make a consistent experience across a range of hardware. They also mentioned focusing on making a destructible map for the co-op mode. No word on destructible map(s) or other physx stuff since.
Posted Image

#3 plons

plons

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 02:38 PM

hmm they forgotten

#4 ASneakyFox

ASneakyFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted March 29 2014 - 10:18 AM

i imagine its a major issue to implement this feature while keeping your game playable on a large range of hardware. i have a feeling my computer might not handle it that well.I already have to run the game on 720p, i really dont want to have to move everything to low.. im sure others are even worse off than i am.

#5 V_ExorcisT

V_ExorcisT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted April 05 2014 - 08:51 AM

View Postthatnewyorker, on February 21 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

So when are we getting this_ I like the Physx we currently have but my rig can handle more.

I saw this in the early presentation videos. It's actually fun that this feature was never added. It's like a cinematic trailer.
If you want to know what actually is in the game, go and watch game-play trailer instead! lol! :D
I am a gamer not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join us! We have sweet cookies! :3 http://taw.net
My YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/u...ViciouSExorcisT

#6 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted April 18 2014 - 11:03 PM

Looking at the video, I wouldn't expect massive amounts of destructibility, as it would be incredibly messy and hardware intensive. Little barricades and small stuff, like the containers in Wreckage or the trees in Last Eco, I could see being implemented. Anything bigger would be too much.

#7 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted April 19 2014 - 07:31 AM

Once this comes out it will be time to make a revolution an make this game as real as you can. Example when a mech gets hit by any heavy projectile (like tow) the arm or leg will blow off. Making the game very edgy an more intense. And they should turn down the speed back to normal as we'll :). An when big debri hits you you are damaged a little.  So basically also amp up the dmg level on all guns!

Edited by Granddaddypurp, April 19 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#8 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 19 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostBrycko, on April 18 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

Looking at the video, I wouldn't expect massive amounts of destructibility, as it would be incredibly messy and hardware intensive. Little barricades and small stuff, like the containers in Wreckage or the trees in Last Eco, I could see being implemented. Anything bigger would be too much.

Devs stated several times in the past that destruction would not be a feature made available on all maps, certain maps would be custom-created with destruction-based gameplay in mind.

View PostGranddaddypurp, on April 19 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Once this comes out it will be time to make a revolution an make this game as real as you can. Example when a mech gets hit by any heavy projectile (like tow) the arm or leg will blow off. Making the game very edgy an more intense. And they should turn down the speed back to normal as we'll :). An when big debri hits you you are damaged a little.  So basically also amp up the dmg level on all guns!

Locational damage is a terrible idea for a fast-paced arena shooter and has been discussed to death in many other threads.
Posted Image

#9 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 05:14 PM

View Postthatnewyorker, on February 21 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

...but my rig can handle more.
But not everyone elses can.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#10 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted April 21 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostGranddaddypurp, on April 19 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

I like this slow the game and make it more area dmg and with massive physx....would be nice..though i doubt they would this games a twitch so they are never going to implement such ideas....The twitchers would go nutz.......I on the other hand would love it.....it is nice to dream though....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#11 Trakasis

Trakasis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 07 2014 - 12:43 PM

I love destruction in games. When I land after hovering, there's a large dent in the ground, but it magically heals. Can this not happen_ I am +1'ing this thread. YES! Make it mapS, not just map.

#12 arthoud

arthoud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 08:33 AM

Having a destructible map would be awesome. DO IT!!!!

#13 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted May 09 2014 - 12:49 PM

not a big fan of destruction in battlefield 3, however older game "Red Faction" (that is red faction 1) was fun, would love to have that type of destruction where you can blast tunnels if you want
i don't mean any of it

#14 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 25 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostTrakasis, on May 07 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I love destruction in games. When I land after hovering, there's a large dent in the ground, but it magically heals. Can this not happen_ I am +1'ing this thread. YES! Make it mapS, not just map.

Yes but the nano builders wood loose there jobs :P

#15 redslion

redslion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted May 26 2014 - 06:21 AM

The problem is that cover is a big part of this game, and massing with it might mean messing with the balance.

#16 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted May 27 2014 - 02:03 PM

View Postredslion, on May 26 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

The problem is that cover is a big part of this game, and massing with it might mean messing with the balance.

Class c whold be a lot more popular lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users