HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Technician Prestige Weapon

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted May 14 2014 - 02:34 PM

I was really hoping for a Breacher. :/ If any axe in the game could use it to it's fullest potential, it's the Tech. Oh well, I suppose.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#22 Wheat

Wheat

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA, USA

Posted May 27 2014 - 08:23 PM

I've been playing around with the PN-223 for a while now, and I don't claim to be an expert pilot or anything, but as noted earlier, I find that it is only really useful in very specific situations (fighting fast mechs, playing the dodge-n-support role, etc.)  I get where the devs are coming from with its design, but with the massively better range and sustainable fire on the RPR, I don't really see many situations where I would equip the PN-223 to an advantage.  It's like its right on the cusp of being worth the exp and points, but it falls short when you consider that the RPR has vastly better damage at range and works far better as a sustained support weapon.

If I had a vote, I'd say slap 2-3 more damage per projectile on it;  or increase the range by about 30 yds;  or decrease the heat gen to the point where a mixed sustained fire/run-n-gun battle will still leave you with enough heat to blast someone who's in overheat.

The only advantage it currently has is ~150 more damage per overheat over the RPR, and that's over a much longer period of time, and only if the enemy stays within 150yds of you.  Aaaand that's only if you're planning on dealing over 900dmg of sustained fire before overheat...

In short,  I very much wanted to love this beautiful blaster, but can't find a reasonable excuse to at the moment.  Other than COOL ITS RED :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users