HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Technician Prestige Weapon

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Major_Twitch

Major_Twitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 21 2014 - 03:50 PM

Coming SoonTM(Valve)

Not sure if this goes here... but where is the weapon_ I have really enjoyed the technician and just came back to the game after a few months and the technician still has no prestige weapon. I would be happy with a second helix torch if nothing else.

#2 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted February 21 2014 - 04:33 PM

There is no Prestige for Tech. They've talked about working on one, but we haven't heard anything else. Honestly, I don't think anyone is expecting it to happen, at least not for quite a long time.

Posted Image

#3 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 03:18 PM

Prestige weapon needs to be the AM-SAR or the Seeker.

The former acts as a nice contrast to the Hawkins RPR and allows the tehcnician to offer support fire at a longer distance, yet still be incapable of 1v1ing targets.

The latter meshes well with the Helix and it's "auto-aim" nature, but clashes with the close-range side of it.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#4 Beast777

Beast777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 07:25 AM

If the weapon ain't there, then why is it displayed here_

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 09:59 AM

I think Seeker would be good choice for Technician because it is not seen at any other mechs.

#6 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 20 2014 - 10:29 AM

FLAK plz Tech so UP plz give gud waepun liek Vulcan

Seeker would be good for fire support roles.
It's on an A mech, so it's fast; means it can get to and from positions easier.

Maybe a new type of Seeker that has better homing that only homes in on close targets_
Just so it can't go long-range fuzzy stuff.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 SquirrelDash

SquirrelDash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted April 20 2014 - 11:41 AM

ah yes, the fabled tech prestige (coming soon!TM).  it may happen.  just not within our lifetimes.

#8 Beast777

Beast777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 21 2014 - 12:23 PM

View PostSquirrelDash, on April 20 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

ah yes, the fabled tech prestige (coming soon!TM).  it may happen.  just not within our lifetimes.
Hahahaha true. We'd be dead by the time it comes out.
Posted Image

#9 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 21 2014 - 09:37 PM

Make it a heat cannon or EOC repeater and we're golden.

Lol, in all seriousness, even a simple AR or SMC would be nice.
That, or a weapon that doesn't deal a lot of damage to armor, but causes fuel to "leak". Or maybe an EMP type cannon that temporarily disables items and internals. And if nothin else, giving it a concussion cannon that deals very light damage but knocks away enemy mechs to disrupt their movement. I dunno. I'm just thinking random stuff. Still, a Heat cannon tech or an EOC repeater the would be fun as hell to play.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#10 SciFox

SciFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted April 22 2014 - 10:30 PM

I don't want one. Jesus, the whining would never stop about the OP tech.

#11 AboveTheSky

AboveTheSky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationPredator Pilot of prosk army

Posted April 22 2014 - 11:23 PM

mini-flak canon is most good choise for tech

not to bad not to OP

Edited by AboveTheSky, April 22 2014 - 11:23 PM.

Posted Image

#12 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 06:54 AM

I don't mind the idea of a mini flak on the tech, if its going to lose the range of the RPR then it needs to get much more damage up close, where you will be if using the red beam...

I think the Tech prestige needs to encourage less healing and more damaging like the nasty vampiric machine it was born to be.

Here is my idea: there is already a mechanic where the redox can debuff a target to make it take more damage from everyone. So, how about adding a similar mechanic to the red beam that only techs benefit from_ Stay with me here; so when using the red beam on a target they get a debuff that lasts during and for a further 5-10sec afterwards where the Tech prestige weapon can do more damage to that target. The Tech prestige weapon could shoot to a good range, perhaps farther than the RPR even, however, those targets wont get damaged even as much as the RPR as they wont have the red beam debuff. So you can stay back and heal and do less damage, or you can get up in their grill and the prestige and red beam compliment eachother and mean you can actually kill enemies and defend yourself. This also follows the notion that the prestige should change the way you play and instill fear in your enemy when it is used effectively.

I like the idea that it could be a kind of burst cannon that fires sets of three high speed explosive pellets that amplify when combined with the red beam debuff. It sounds like something  a Tech would hack together by engineering a cut down REV-GL combined with a Redox (REV-3GX maybe_). This gives utility of step out, fire a burst, dodge behind cover to assist in long range fights. When faced with another mech 1v1, however, they can hold their own so long as the tech gets the red beam on, fires a burst, dodge to cover then come out and repeat. I like the idea of a cool sounding 'pew-pew-pew......pew-pew-pew' gun that actually has a chance at killing an enemy.

Pleeeease make it so!

6ixxer.

#13 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted April 23 2014 - 09:26 AM

View Post6ixxer, on April 23 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I don't mind the idea of a mini flak on the tech, if its going to lose the range of the RPR then it needs to get much more damage up close, where you will be if using the red beam...

I think the Tech prestige needs to encourage less healing and more damaging like the nasty vampiric machine it was born to be.

Here is my idea: there is already a mechanic where the redox can debuff a target to make it take more damage from everyone. So, how about adding a similar mechanic to the red beam that only techs benefit from_ Stay with me here; so when using the red beam on a target they get a debuff that lasts during and for a further 5-10sec afterwards where the Tech prestige weapon can do more damage to that target. The Tech prestige weapon could shoot to a good range, perhaps farther than the RPR even, however, those targets wont get damaged even as much as the RPR as they wont have the red beam debuff. So you can stay back and heal and do less damage, or you can get up in their grill and the prestige and red beam compliment eachother and mean you can actually kill enemies and defend yourself. This also follows the notion that the prestige should change the way you play and instill fear in your enemy when it is used effectively.

I like the idea that it could be a kind of burst cannon that fires sets of three high speed explosive pellets that amplify when combined with the red beam debuff. It sounds like something  a Tech would hack together by engineering a cut down REV-GL combined with a Redox (REV-3GX maybe_). This gives utility of step out, fire a burst, dodge behind cover to assist in long range fights. When faced with another mech 1v1, however, they can hold their own so long as the tech gets the red beam on, fires a burst, dodge to cover then come out and repeat. I like the idea of a cool sounding 'pew-pew-pew......pew-pew-pew' gun that actually has a chance at killing an enemy.

Pleeeease make it so!

6ixxer.
Good luck using the Mini Flak on the tech. That thing has ungodly heat generation, and coupled with the fact that the tech already overheats easily while using his repair torch is going to make many people tear their hair out.

As far as your new weapon idea, it seems pretty awesome.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#14 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:35 PM

well from a comment in the suggestion thread it appears the devs probably wouldn't go for it as it wouldn't fit the ongoing theme for prestige weapons and their view of what a Technician shoould be in a match.
https://community.pl...ge/#entry505353

I have however changed my suggestion to something that may work, as it could be used as an alternate weapon for upcoming new mechs. A new weapon that is a bit like an assault rifle but more of a burst mode assault rifle rather than sustained output.

Edited by 6ixxer, April 23 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#15 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted April 26 2014 - 05:38 AM

here is a simple idea: the Redox Li

its a slow fire rifle (RoF think slug rifle) with non-hitscan pellets and unlike the Redox O2, the Redox Li would not have splash damage

biggest difference is this:
instead of increasing the damage received by the target
it reduces damage dealt by it
this provides a more defensive option whereas the O2 is more offensive
Posted Image

#16 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted May 09 2014 - 08:22 PM

w00t! I approve :D

burst weapon :D :D :D

#17 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 12:08 AM

I kinda like that weapon.

#18 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 07:13 AM

Hello,

i tested the weapon with a another Clan Member and here are the facts:

1. Burst Damage - 1 Shot -> 1 Mouse Click do more damage than the RPR (of course its burst)
2. Prestige Weapon overheat faster around 1.5sec.
3. dps is worst, if both techs shooting each other at the same time, the tech with the rpr will win with 40-50HP left, so 84 dps is right

So, for me, thats isnt something i hope for. I thought there would make a special weapon with strange effect or something like that, dont know, but not a normal mini machine shotgun something....

Its only good, if someone has to flee with 40HP left, 1 Shot = dead, but for actual fight... Maybe better for support role, but not if you have to fight.

Posted Image

Best Regards,
Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, May 10 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#19 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted May 10 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostGalaxyRadio, on May 10 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

3. dps is worst, if both techs shooting each other at the same time, the tech with the rpr will win with 40-50HP left, so 84 dps is right

So, for me, thats isnt something i hope for. I thought there would make a special weapon with strange effect or something like that, dont know, but not a normal mini machine shotgun something....

So these techs were just standing shooting at eachother_ Burst weapons have the advantage when moving between obstacles like you do in real matches. I get many more hits on target with the 223 than i can with the rpr => LESS LOST DPS.
Many times i can only keep my reticule trained on an erratically moving enemy (eg scouts, etc) for less than a second and its where the 223 works better.

#20 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted May 11 2014 - 04:40 AM

As i said, thats the only option for the Tech stick to the Prestige, Burst. Support + 1 Shot -> less Overheat+dmg than the rpr and for Pick a boo Games, but you will lose this everytime againts strong opponents and you dont have the time as a tech to do something like that, because nearby enemy will catch you, before you get the enemy mech down.

And yes, we where standding shooting each other, only to test the burst dmg/overheat and difference in dps. Thats all i need too know. In the most situations, the prestige dont fit, if you stick to your teammates until the "last man standing" and they are too enemys with extremly low HP, i kill them and the prestige wont help me there.

If i could have a weapon like the Flak (not the miniflak and less stronger, of course) on the tech, i would prefer that one, because the dps would be fine and the dmg output is good enough to work with it, to make some real dmg, before the fight even start for real.

But i would like to have more a weapon like the Redux to support my Teammates, a weapon that can produce Overheat for the enemy. I would be at disadvantage in 1 vs 1, but thats ok, if i can support my team, helpfull, if we fight againts Incinerator with PPA for example.

So, iam disappointed.

Whish a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
Galaxy Radio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users