HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Technician Prestige

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:11 AM

Can you please consider creating the Technician prestige weapon like I have described in the similar thread in the weapons subforum_

https://community.pl...on/#entry505321

I think it would fill the role well and can be tuned to ensure it doesn't make the class overpowered.

Thanks for reading,
6ixxer

#2 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:13 AM

View Post6ixxer, on April 23 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I don't mind the idea of a mini flak on the tech, if its going to lose the range of the RPR then it needs to get much more damage up close, where you will be if using the red beam...

I think the Tech prestige needs to encourage less healing and more damaging like the nasty vampiric machine it was born to be.

Here is my idea: there is already a mechanic where the redox can debuff a target to make it take more damage from everyone. So, how about adding a similar mechanic to the red beam that only techs benefit from_ Stay with me here; so when using the red beam on a target they get a debuff that lasts during and for a further 5-10sec afterwards where the Tech prestige weapon can do more damage to that target. The Tech prestige weapon could shoot to a good range, perhaps farther than the RPR even, however, those targets wont get damaged even as much as the RPR as they wont have the red beam debuff. So you can stay back and heal and do less damage, or you can get up in their grill and the prestige and red beam compliment eachother and mean you can actually kill enemies and defend yourself. This also follows the notion that the prestige should change the way you play and instill fear in your enemy when it is used effectively.

I like the idea that it could be a kind of burst cannon that fires sets of three high speed explosive pellets that amplify when combined with the red beam debuff. It sounds like something  a Tech would hack together by engineering a cut down REV-GL combined with a Redox (REV-3GX maybe_). This gives utility of step out, fire a burst, dodge behind cover to assist in long range fights. When faced with another mech 1v1, however, they can hold their own so long as the tech gets the red beam on, fires a burst, dodge to cover then come out and repeat. I like the idea of a cool sounding 'pew-pew-pew......pew-pew-pew' gun that actually has a chance at killing an enemy.

Pleeeease make it so!

6ixxer.

#3 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:17 AM

I've personally talked with them a lot about how the vampiric effect from the tech could be a fun option for an aggressive play option. But they do not currently want to go down the road of giving the tech more damage. They want it to be only a support mech with the option for weaker aggressive play.

So sadly I wouldn't expect that to come about, but maybe a vampiric mech down the road that is aggressive that isn't the tech.

#4 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:19 AM

Give it the Seeker and call it a day.
It's perfect for the mech; allowing it to support fire from a longer range, but keeping it from dueling or doing well in CQC.
After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#5 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:41 AM

I'd love another support-based weapon/tool.
Or maybe even utility, like setting down 2 MG turrets per time.
You'd need to recover Scrap from downed mechs before you'd be able to create them though.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted April 23 2014 - 07:57 AM

EOC ...

Posted Image

#7 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted April 23 2014 - 08:09 AM

Eliteshooter...

Anyway, Sharpshooter didn't get its prestige until after the Reaper came out. I'm expecting a similar thing to happen with the tech. However, I don't see the siege tank (the mech thats currently next in line) being a mech with the tech's prestige weapon. Perhaps a new support will come down the line and its weapon will be Tech's prestige.

Personally, I love the Redox. Its really neato.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 23 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on April 23 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

EOC ...

*facepalm

#9 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 23 2014 - 08:47 AM

DUAL HELIX TORCHES! DOUBLE HEALING OR DOUBLE DEATH BEAMS, although this would work better on something like a G2 technician
Posted Image

#10 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted April 23 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'll take a version of the rev-gl on my tech plz & thanks.
Instead of king-size snickers bars, let it shoot bite-size versions.
It would be a cool way to make up for the fact that the red beam sort of glues on target, introduces a skill shot type primary.

#11 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostAkrium, on April 23 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

I've personally talked with them a lot about how the vampiric effect from the tech could be a fun option for an aggressive play option. But they do not currently want to go down the road of giving the tech more damage. They want it to be only a support mech with the option for weaker aggressive play.

So sadly I wouldn't expect that to come about, but maybe a vampiric mech down the road that is aggressive that isn't the tech.

Well it would still be weaker than other techs in terms of duelling damage, just not so fuzzy bunny weak like it is now, partly because you can time your damage bursts with use of cover rather than having to be out of cover too long to try getting sustained damage with the RPR.

If its ONLY a support tech, at least give it a chance to dodge and use cover more to its advantage (as elite pilots should be capable) so the shooting can be weak(ish) but still effective. Its more about changing the style of play with more bursty damage rather than sustained damage output so you can maximise what you've got. Make it semi- auto if you like so you have to click for each burst and wait for reload, more like an EOC, rather than being spamming auto. Even make it generate heat like a fuzzy bunny so you have to also manage heat to be effective with it.

If the problem is having a prestige just for the Technician, then drop the idea of needing the debuff and just change the request to a slightly more bursty alternative to the RPR. It can then be a new weapon type that is a little bursty and slightly different to the RPR and could be used on other mechs as an alternate. I think even this proposed siege tank could use a weapon like this.

its WIN-WIN from my point of view.

6ixxer

#12 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted April 23 2014 - 02:39 PM

So, new idea.

A burst mode assault rifle. I shall call it the... ASS-3
:P

It shoots three projectiles in rapid succession followed by a short pause then repeat. No explodyness or debuffs required. Just a new weapon with a slight tweak to how it can be used effectively.

Edited by 6ixxer, April 23 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#13 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 23 2014 - 04:13 PM

I personally would like to see a healing primary that takes skill shots to land... greatly increase your healing abilities while almost sacrificing all your offensive power.

Won't happen.. but would be neat =p

#14 KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLast Sighted: Praxis Valley

Posted April 24 2014 - 02:41 AM

View PostAkrium, on April 23 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

I personally would like to see a healing primary that takes skill shots to land... greatly increase your healing abilities while almost sacrificing all your offensive power.

Much like the Medic's CrossBow in TF2 :D

I like the tech. I really do, I find it to be a decent offensive mech as is, and can use it fairly well (Granted, I'm not a main tech, I'm a Pred.)

The thing I would hate to see is giving good techs better weapons. It's hard enough to deal with good techs, they're fast, constantly repairing, and can deal good damage when played well. Another repair option would be fantastic to me, as it would allow for a tech to deal out much faster rate of repair in a shorter amount of time. If it's ranged, it allows for the tech to give that one mech that's in battle WAY over there, that little bit of health to win.
That is a new level of technician strat right there.

But seekers_ Seekers_ THE ALMIGHTY SEEKER_! The thing that makes me HATE the Rocketeer in combat_ No. NO no no. I disagree with that notion entirely. Give it the bloody flak cannon, but not seekers.
Posted Image

eth0 said:

are you made of cupcakes and puppies_

View PostSylhiri, on July 13 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

Never underestimate the power of the epeen.

View PostSatelliteJack, on July 13 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

Droppin' wisdom bombs

#15 PhasmaFelis

PhasmaFelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted April 24 2014 - 12:17 PM

Look, the Tech has overheating problems, right_ Clearly its prestige primary should be the SAARE.

I can see no problems with this idea.

#16 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted April 26 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostPhasmaFelis, on April 24 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Look, the Tech has overheating problems, right_ Clearly its prestige primary should be the SAARE.

I can see no problems with this idea.

Yes, a mini-SAARE.
Nobody would have any problems with that, right_

Posted Image

Spoiler

#17 6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted May 09 2014 - 08:35 PM

View Post6ixxer, on April 23 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

So, new idea.

A burst mode assault rifle. I shall call it the... ASS-3
:P

It shoots three projectiles in rapid succession followed by a short pause then repeat. No explodyness or debuffs required. Just a new weapon with a slight tweak to how it can be used effectively.

View Post6ixxer, on April 23 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well it would still be weaker than other techs in terms of duelling damage, just not so fuzzy bunny weak like it is now, partly because you can time your damage bursts with use of cover rather than having to be out of cover too long to try getting sustained damage with the RPR.

If its ONLY a support tech, at least give it a chance to dodge and use cover more to its advantage (as elite pilots should be capable) so the shooting can be weak(ish) but still effective. Its more about changing the style of play with more bursty damage rather than sustained damage output so you can maximise what you've got. .... Even make it generate heat like a fuzzy bunny so you have to also manage heat to be effective with it.

... just change the request to a slightly more bursty alternative to the RPR. It can then be a new weapon type that is a little bursty and slightly different to the RPR and could be used on other mechs as an alternate. I think even this proposed siege tank could use a weapon like this.

its WIN-WIN from my point of view.

6ixxer

Yeeesssss! Love it. I got my burst rifle! Wait, you didn't use the name I suggested_!

This is what i hear when firing this weapon:

WIN-WIN-WIN

WIN-WIN-WIN

Muahahhahahhahahahaahhahahhahahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Edited by 6ixxer, May 09 2014 - 08:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users