HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Predator Guide

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 05 2014 - 08:02 PM

Sound
Things to note when using the predator are, when in stealth your footsteps are somewhat masked. So it is hard to hear you even if your right behind them, use this to your advantage, they will not hear you coming in.

I don't know if this was changed but this tip no longer works apparently. Can someone verify this for me_ I played against a scout pilot and I was hiding behind cover, he was circling and so was I to avoid him seeing me, he then dashed across to move faster, and so did I all this while I was in stealth. He hits me, kills me and I'm like... huh what gives_ He said he could hear my footsteps loud and clear. It might be that I side boosted, which made it that much more obvious I was there, but I think he circled around my cover spot because he heard me near by at that time anyways and the side boost was the icing on the cake to affirm his conviction.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 05 2014 - 08:04 PM.

View PostMeraple, on June 01 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#22 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hey lightangel, bought the eoc repeater for the pred and damn I will say it is a pretty handy weapon,you could either play it as a breacher,but whats good was you could use it to do some "crowd control" especially playing against a team who are constantly huddled in a group and its hard to break them apart. Japanese pilots whom I have played against are pretty much a good example.

They have a playstyle pretty much different from us, it seems they favor teamwork so much that they could defeat any team who is constantly breaking apart, it could get pretty intense playing with them, that's when my EOC rep came in handy, aiming at a group of mechs huddled together, you got a cluster of aim boxes you could hit, rather than a single isolated mech, scattered a volley of 5 mines with it registered all hits on their targets...in like 5 mins I scored 10 assist kills and 3 kills lol

What about laying traps_ I sneaked up behind a reaper who was focused on firing whats in front of him and didn't noticed me,was about to fire my fully charged eoc rep when I realized a assault who was nearby the reaper noticed and engaged me, we were at a slope somewhere at wreckage map so I backed up the slope while tryin to take down the assault...some of the mines I fired from my eoc repeater missed the assault and landed behind the reaper, a second before that assault killed me, the reaper had been weakened to 10% health and made a 180 turn to retreat...not noticing the mines that landed behind him and BOOM! I got killed by that stupid assault mech, but I had indirectly killed that reaper with the mines that were supposed to be aimed at the assault but missed! :lol:

#23 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 09:17 AM

The sound tip no longer works, reworded the previous to this:

Sound
Things to note when using the predator are, when in stealth your footsteps can still be heard, so try not to move to fast or do any side dodging, otherwise they will hear you coming from a mile off now.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 06 2014 - 09:20 AM.

If you want to be a Professional Yolodriver just go with DETs and the rest EMPs.

#24 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 09:26 AM

If you like the weapon great, but imo to many cons vs the default breacher.

To name but a few,
you overheat much quicker or have limited shots
both EOC are slower to hit things (if traveling a distance)
The repeater is affected by gravity, EOC P does not though.
The applications are different. It works great on denial, scattering etc.

I can always get indirect kills with my mines anyways, it just happens.

#25 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:05 PM

the eoc pred works great during siege mode, or firing them at slopes and when the enemy is distracted in a firefight...the enemy team took notice after 1-2 of their front liners went down suddenly and the chat was ranting stuff like "wtf is going on!_ what killed me_" than replies came in saying "its that  *** predator scattering mines at us while we are fighting!!!" "Track the predator down" lolol

#26 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostLightangel112, on March 06 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

The repeater is affected by gravity, EOC P does not though.

Huh_ Since when was the EOC-R affected by gravity_ I don't ever recall this, will test because I think you may be wrong.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#27 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:34 PM

Yes it does not shoot in a straight line over (a large) distance, that is why on inclines you have to aim slightly higher up.

Therefore it is affected by gravity just like the grenade from the grenade launchers. Test it and see if I'm wrong.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 06 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#28 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:38 PM

Oh, it an actual guide I thought it was going to be :
Be sneaky, lay 10 mine traps, try to lure someone into mines and pray they get one shotted.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#29 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostLightangel112, on March 06 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yes it does not shoot in a straight line over (a large) distance, that is why on inclines you have to aim slightly higher up.

Therefore it is affected by gravity just like the grenade from the grenade launchers. Test it and see if I'm wrong.

I'll try to get some game play footage recorded to show you (doubt it because my computer isn't cooperating today), but it's not affected by gravity, I'm like 90% sure. I've sniped hits across Origin with an EOC Repeater from the end to end.

What you're probably experiencing is the spread on the weapon over long distances.

Posted Image

Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#30 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 05:09 PM

Just finished recording an offline TDM, will get the video up on Youtube asap.

Posted Image

#31 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 05:45 PM

Take a look for yourself (make sure to bump resolution to 720p otherwise it's really hard to see), I don't think the EOC Repeater is affected by gravity.  Long "snipey" shots are all 100% accuracy provided the AI bot didn't move, no drop off, all shots hit, note my hit markers. I think it's the spread that happens if you move even the slightest bit, or fly, or have a shaky hand, or fire a bit prematurely.  I've never seen the EOC R get affected by gravity.

Edited by Silverfire, March 06 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 07 2014 - 09:31 AM

Alright then thanks mate. So that's sorted out now.

#33 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 02:13 AM

Added to the guide this quick explanation about the flak shot.

Flak Shot Note: Basically the breacher fires a round every 2 seconds, when you release a charged shot and do the flak shot the delay is reduced to about 1 second, so u save 1 second. This is referred to as a double shot, therefore your dps using that combo is 244 rather than the standard 172. I might be wrong though... but that is why you should always charge up your breacher.

Edited by Lightangel112, March 08 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#34 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted March 08 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostLightangel112, on March 08 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

Added to the guide this quick explanation about the flak shot.

Flak Shot Note: Basically the breacher fires a round every 2 seconds, when you release a charged shot and do the flak shot the delay is reduced to about 1 second, so u save 1 second. This is referred to as a double shot, therefore your dps using that combo is 244 rather than the standard 172. I might be wrong though... but that is why you should always charge up your breacher.

Hmm we need to call it something cooler!  'Double Shot' isn't cool enough! XD

#35 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 10:20 AM

The piercing flak combo__ :huh:  btw, training my pred using the new upcoming pilots as fodder

#36 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 10:21 AM

View Post86, on March 08 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

The piercing flak combo__ :huh:  btw, training my pred using the new upcoming pilots as fodder

Awww that's mean!  Play fair! D:  You're slaughtering newbies left and right aren't you_ ;~;

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, March 08 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#37 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted March 09 2014 - 08:39 AM

Do you alternate charged/uncharged to take advantage of  "Double shot"  

I feel good w/ Breecher when I'm behind cover and walking out for a shot or two.
when someone gets in my face I feel I go smush clicking rapidly to get that second shot out...
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#38 86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 08 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Awww that's mean!  Play fair! D:  You're slaughtering newbies left and right aren't you_ ;~;
On the contary, it seems the newbies are improving pretty quickly,including knowing how to spot a cloacked predator. i think i will be doing a better job if i went out in an assault or zerker lol_

#39 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostDFTR, on March 09 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

I feel good w/ Breecher when I'm behind cover and walking out for a shot or two.
when someone gets in my face I feel I go smush clicking rapidly to get that second shot out...

As I said, we got to call it something cooler!

View Post86, on March 09 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on March 08 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

On the contary, it seems the newbies are improving pretty quickly,including knowing how to spot a cloacked predator. i think i will be doing a better job if i went out in an assault or zerker lol_

*gasp*  Traitor!  Use Infil or something... <___< xD I'm kidding, but yeah they do learn fast.

#40 Lightangel112

Lightangel112

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostDFTR, on March 09 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yeah I know what you mean lol. But just take your time with it, last thing you want is to miss with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users